Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tubing problems

Hi Everyone

Its been some time since ive posted, I had my band fitted in september 04 and have lost about 20kilos(hope you can all understand that) I live in Sydney Australia and we work in kilo's not pounds but if anyone can tell me how to convert great.

Anyway I was going really well and then I kept getting fills but struggled with my weight the whole time and really need to diet to loose weight but I make many wrong food choices, such as ice cream and potato chips I can eat most things

the doctor took all the fill out and said that I had only kept about 3ml's in the band and that I have a problem with the band the tubing needs to be fixed, this means another operation which to be honest im not thrilled about the idea. I still can get blocked it I dont chew but really have no restriction I am so unhappy with this all as I fell that I went through the whole banding process and havent got the results I wanted Its summer here and IM still fat.

have others had problems with their tubing please share as I have some negative thoughts about getting the tubing fixed and wonder if this would help and I would get the results I want.

Cheers Ruth

<p>Ive never heard of the tubing being the problem. Is it the port too, or how the tube connects to either end? You have lost some of your weight and thats a start. It will be good to get it all fixed and then you will have a fresh start at the whole thing. New Year, New band and new start. This time you can make better choices and maybe make up for lost time? Best wishes, I hope this funky time passes soon.</p>

I havent myself but one of my online friends in Melbourne had her tubing punctured during her first fill (her surgeon was on holidays and she had someone else do it). She went a few months and just wasnt losing, when it was discovered it was fixed and now her band is working well for her. Yes, its more surgery, what a pain in the behind, but its the only way to fix it and the only way to get your band working properley.

Hello Ruth (my middle name)

My old band was an AMI-swedish band that was installed 8/14/03 by Dr. Sanchez. After about 6 months and 4 fills I had a flouro/X-ray check which revealed a kink in the tubing. Well I suspected a leak, then confirmed it over 6 months later in mex, cause Dr. Sanchez recomended I go see him. At that visit the tubing was repaired and I was given a 7cc fill (big band), a month later my doctor (McKeen) here in Calif. did a flouro fill and that's when we saw that the repair didn't work. Back to mex I went and Dr. Sanchez decided to reband me, free (the makers of the AMI band is paying for it). Dr. Sanchez takes care of his people!!!

I'm very happy with my new band.

Never any erosion or slipage issues ever.

Not here to scare you, just to let you know it's happen to me. I'M NOT SAYING YOU NEED TO BE RE-BANDED! Find your leak under flouroscopy, most leaks are near or at the port. A simple port replacement is easy.

I can so relate with trying so hard and wacthing every bite, before my band fix/replacement I was always stuggling.

I'm sitting in inches of rain in California...enjoy your summer.

Best luck to you.

Vera

If your food is still getting stuck, having the tube repaired can't fix anything. food usually gets stuck from eating too fast, too big of a bite, or too much. A properly working tube won't make you stop eating chips and ice cream, either.

You sound like you have two separate issues. You might need to have the tube fixed, but it sounds like you are associating that problem with poor food choices??? I apologize if I'm wrong, but I'm kinda cranky so I'm being hardcore this morning :P

Hi Ruth, sorry to hear about your complications. Just thought I could clear up your kilo/pound issue....there are 2.2 pounds per kilo! Good luck with your math!