Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still confused about getting "stuck"

Hi everyone! I was banded on 9/2/10. I have had 1 fill of 1cc with 2 cc added during surgery and had been doing great. For the last few weeks though, I have been getting a pain by my upper right abdomen and about every three or four days the pain gets so bad I have to vomit (sorry, gross). This happens about an hour after I eat and it has been different types of foods (not band friendly--bread, rice, peanuts). Is this what stuck is? I don't feel it right away like I have read others that take a few bites and feel it. I eat and I feel fine and then it hits me...and it hits me hard. I am in pain for about an hour or more. The pain travels to my back. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow. But since the pain goes away and I feel fine, I have waited.

I have tried to read other posts about getting stuck, but none seem to describe what I am feeling or the onset of how I feel. I have tried papaya enzymes, the chicken dance, grabbing my ankles, but none have worked.

Any advise/suggestions will be appreciated.

It doesn't sound like being stuck to me. Being stuck is pretty much while you're eating or very shortly afterwards. I think pain an hour after eating is something else going on.. I'm thinking perhaps Gallbladder, if you still have yours.

Glad you plan to call your doctor. hope you feel better soon.

(I very infrequently have GB attacks, last one was July 4.. I avoid high fat foods because of them. I don't want another surgery.)

This happens to me too when I eat too much.

I know for most people here getting stuck happens right away, but for me it seems to kick in hours later.

Hi everyone! I was banded on 9/2/10. I have had 1 fill of 1cc with 2 cc added during surgery and had been doing great. For the last few weeks though, I have been getting a pain by my upper right abdomen and about every three or four days the pain gets so bad I have to vomit (sorry, gross). This happens about an hour after I eat and it has been different types of foods (not band friendly--bread, rice, peanuts). Is this what stuck is? I don't feel it right away like I have read others that take a few bites and feel it. I eat and I feel fine and then it hits me...and it hits me hard. I am in pain for about an hour or more. The pain travels to my back. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow. But since the pain goes away and I feel fine, I have waited.

I have tried to read other posts about getting stuck, but none seem to describe what I am feeling or the onset of how I feel. I have tried papaya enzymes, the chicken dance, grabbing my ankles, but none have worked.

Thank you both so much for responding. I still have my gall bladder. This has been my only surgery and I hope its my ONLY surgery.

Congratulations to you both on your great weight loss! What inspirations.

I would probably bet money that it is your gall bladder. Same thing happened to me when my gall bladder quit working. Luckily, it happened before being banded. I couldn't imagine having gall bladder problems with the band! Better get that checked out ASAP. And remember even if it isn't gall stones...be sure to get a function test....I had gall stones but, my 15 yr. old daughter was having the same problems...kept having to take her to the er...they did an ultrasound and it came back fine...after several trips to the er...they finally did a HIDA scan and found that her gall bladder was only functioning at 13%...so, they had to take hers out. It is very painful and made us sick as a dog! Good luck!

My vote is on GallBladder! (Sorry...been an ER nurse for over 20 years....). Gallbladder problems are very common with significant weight loss.

Go get it checked ASAP so you don't end up with a serious complication.

Jackie

Thank you all so much. After reading replies, I have been online looking up gallbladder symptoms and YUP, that is exactly what I have been feeling. I am definitely calling the doctor tomorrow. Hate to say it, but my husband was right. I should have gone in sooner.

My gallbladder had to come out 2 weeks after I had my twins. It was the worst pain I have ever been in. The pain would get so bad It would honestly knock me to my knees. It went around my back, and it felt like I was having a heart attack. I went into the doctor on Friday and my gallbladder was out Monday morning. I had several stones. Please keep us updated. Gallbladder pain is nothing I'd wish on anyone.

Hello, It could be your gall bladder. Call your surgeon and make an appointment. Good luck!