Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi yall!! I'm looking for a good product to put on my incisions (mainly the port incisions) to reduce scarring. Can anyone give me suggestions? I know everyone talks about Mederma, but I've read a lot of mixed reviews on it. Thanks so much!!! :)

I say Mederma. It has worked great on my stretch-marks from pregnancy and I'll be using it for my incision scars as well.

I'm newly banded, so using tea tree oil to keep the incisions clean and to aid in the healing process and I am also using Vitamin E oil.

I will also try other recommended creams when I heal more.

I have been using this stuff called Kelocote. It's been amazing!! You can get it on e-bay, and you need very very little. My surgeon was impressed with how well my incisions looked when I went back for my check-up.:)Good Luck!!

In my opinion Mederma is a waste of money. I was faithful in using it 3 times a day for 5 months and got no improvement...and it costs a fortune!!!!

Mimi

My doctor insists on NOTHING on the wound site for six months. This was sort of distressing to me---until i hit that point, and realized that the only incision I could still see was the port site incision. And at almost a year out, it is very faint.

Unless you have a history of scarring, I really would not worry about it at all.

is it weird of me to LIKE the scar where my port is? that's the only scar you can see after 2.5 years. i think of it as my "Battle Scar" and a reminder of all my hard work.

of course i'm the person that is always touching my port when i'm walking around... its like a security blanket for me.

Thanks for the link Kookeygirl. I'm def going to try the honey. I have some in my cupboard. Its excellent for all sorts of things but didn't know it could be used for scars.