Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

60 / lbs down - HAPPY but gettin really flabby! Any guys have tummy tuck

rosstheboss
Sign in to follow this  

Hi Guys and Gals!

Well down 60 lbs in 18 Months, started at 300 down to 238. My highest however was 316. Overally I am pleased but with the last 10 lbs I noticed more flab that now hangs over my pants. I work out 3 times a week with a trainer and try for 1 or 2 times more on my own. I am planning to do more upper body but not sure this will help.

I am thinking may need Tummy Tuck etc. and was wondering about other guys who may have had them done and what kind of results you have seen. My waste has gone from a 44 / 46 to about a 38. Chest from 52 to about 48.

Thanks

Ross The Boss

I have the same problem. I am within sight of 40 years old, and I just don't think the skin is going to go away on its own. Even if I continue to loose the weight, I think the flap over the pants is not going away. It feels like its mostly skin with some fat underneath it.

I was really really hoping to avoid a tuck, but I know the truth and simply gotta find the money to get it done. I bet I could drop at least another pants size, maybe 2 by having the excess skin removed.

I started at a size 52, and now down to a loose size 38.

I would also like to mention I do a lot of core / ab workouts, and this seem to be making the "skin" problem worse, not better. I guess the more fat that goes away the more the skin takes on the flap appearance.

That's one of the things I am most concerned about I've been fat for 50 of my 62 years and I don't think the skin will shrink to fit a new me. Don't relish the idea of a flesh apron, ugh! So I have started a special savings account to pay for the almost certain Tummy Tuck I will need when I reach or am near to my goal, again ugh!:(

So far I have gone from a 54 waist to a 46/48. Chest from a 64 to a 52. Yet when I tried on a suit the other day I went for the 60 chest jacket at was immediately told by a passing employee that it was way to big to me. That comment made me realize how much I've lost. And then I really saw the skin starting to sag.

I have money saved already for a Tummy Tuck, arm lift, and thigh lift. I refuse to let the skin sit there for the rest of my life. Exercise is not helping it and the doctor told me it had lost its elasticity.

Once I get closer to my goal weight at the end of this year it will be time to get it done.

That's one of the things I am most concerned about I've been fat for 50 of my 62 years and I don't think the skin will shrink to fit a new me. Don't relish the idea of a flesh apron, ugh! So I have started a special savings account to pay for the almost certain Tummy Tuck I will need when I reach or am near to my goal, again ugh!:(

Some insurances will cover removal of the apron if it is a certain size and there are health issues ie sores from the skin rubbing etc. Check with your provider.

I was 430 pounds back in 2006. I had the lap band 4 years ago and have went from 430 pounds down to 205 pounds. On December 13th 2010 I had an inner thigh lift, Arm reduction, male breast reduction and a Tummy Tuck that did my stomach and back.

The results are AMAZING. I was a size 60 inch waist that dropped down to a 38 inch waist. Currently now I am a 34-36 and still have swelling that needs to go down.

Side Note - The procedure was NOT covered under insurance for me based on the doctor i went to AND it cost roughly 24000 after all expenses.

It was the MOST...i Repeat...MOST PAINFUL experience I have had EVER in my life. I felt like i was nailed to the cross for the first 3 days. I could not walk without a cane or assistance for 2 weeks post op. I had a lot of gauze pads for blood and 6 drains sticking out of my pubic region (2 were for my chest...4 were in my pubic region that had to be drained daily). I was unable to sleep in a bed for over 6 weeks and was sleeping on a recliner during that time.

I've posted it a few times on the site but here are comparisons again

179238_10150376165050644_528120643_17255793_650288_n.jpg

this was at my heaviest.

n528120643_5219883_9826.jpg

That was me from 400 pounds down to 280 pounds approximately

63361_10150261368300644_528120643_15120538_2540409_n.jpg

This is at 230 pounds. If you notice the stomach area you can see a Slight Buldge on the sides aka Love handles. If you look at the chest on the left side you can see the overhang inbetween my chest and my arms. That was a MAJOR factor for me getting surgery was my chest area. It was saggy and huge.

180723_10150383973605644_528120643_17380511_673422_n.jpg

This is 2 months post surgery trying on shirts. That is a SMALL from Express clothing shop. Now...It is very tight on me and was done as a joke but you can now see that there are NO love handles on my sides and that my chest is completely flat. It is amazing what i feel like wearing what i wear now.

Just remember this. There are HUGE HUGE HUGE Benefits from the surgery BUT it also requires much of your dexterity and determination. You must realize that THIS IS LIFE CHANGING and will be EXTREMELY PAINFUL. I was almost in tears for 2 days in the hospital hating what i did. After i paid my dues and recovered, I was ex tactic that i did this. It is all up to your determination and wish you the best of luck

thanks for your note but you REALLY REALLY LOOK GREAT! So glad for you and that you got this done while still young. Thanks for your help

Ross

I was 430 pounds back in 2006. I had the lap band 4 years ago and have went from 430 pounds down to 205 pounds. On December 13th 2010 I had an inner thigh lift, Arm reduction, male breast reduction and a Tummy Tuck that did my stomach and back.

The results are AMAZING. I was a size 60 inch waist that dropped down to a 38 inch waist. Currently now I am a 34-36 and still have swelling that needs to go down.

Side Note - The procedure was NOT covered under insurance for me based on the doctor i went to AND it cost roughly 24000 after all expenses.

It was the MOST...i Repeat...MOST PAINFUL experience I have had EVER in my life. I felt like i was nailed to the cross for the first 3 days. I could not walk without a cane or assistance for 2 weeks post op. I had a lot of gauze pads for blood and 6 drains sticking out of my pubic region (2 were for my chest...4 were in my pubic region that had to be drained daily). I was unable to sleep in a bed for over 6 weeks and was sleeping on a recliner during that time.

I've posted it a few times on the site but here are comparisons again

179238_10150376165050644_528120643_17255793_650288_n.jpg

this was at my heaviest.

n528120643_5219883_9826.jpg

That was me from 400 pounds down to 280 pounds approximately

63361_10150261368300644_528120643_15120538_2540409_n.jpg

This is at 230 pounds. If you notice the stomach area you can see a Slight Buldge on the sides aka Love handles. If you look at the chest on the left side you can see the overhang inbetween my chest and my arms. That was a MAJOR factor for me getting surgery was my chest area. It was saggy and huge.

180723_10150383973605644_528120643_17380511_673422_n.jpg

This is 2 months post surgery trying on shirts. That is a SMALL from Express clothing shop. Now...It is very tight on me and was done as a joke but you can now see that there are NO love handles on my sides and that my chest is completely flat. It is amazing what i feel like wearing what i wear now.

Just remember this. There are HUGE HUGE HUGE Benefits from the surgery BUT it also requires much of your dexterity and determination. You must realize that THIS IS LIFE CHANGING and will be EXTREMELY PAINFUL. I was almost in tears for 2 days in the hospital hating what i did. After i paid my dues and recovered, I was ex tactic that i did this. It is all up to your determination and wish you the best of luck