Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some help!

I has been almost 5 months since my surgery and I have only lost 15 lbs (gained back 5 over Christmas)! My fill is 2.6cc. I get full very quick and I stop eating but I still don't lose any weight! I am getting very frustrated and my mom is getting very upset with the whole surgery and me not losing the weight. Can someone please, please help me? Tips, suggestions, anything?

What are you eating?

Is your Dr. someone local that you can call for advice, or tips?

My Dr. said that if I had any trouble losing weight to get in touch with him.

Everybody is going to lose at different rates. Try logging everything you eat, just to see if you calories may be on the high side. Are you getting your Protein and Water in? Have you added exercise to your day? The holidays are very hard...do not give up hope. You may want to consider going to a nutritionist and see if they can't come up with a plan customized just for you.

You need to be very honest with yourself about what you are eating, and how much. Use www.fitday.com to track your usual intake for a few days. Is it within the correct range? Usually 1500-1700 is low enough to lose weight. I wouldn't recommend going below 1200.

If your calories are okay, and you're eating mostly healthy stuff, is there any low key exercise you can do?

It may be time to have some bloodwork done and make sure there isn't something else going on, like thyroid, cortisol, etc.

donali, thank you! I really needed to evaluate what I am eating! I will try using the Fit Day website for a little while. Hopefully that will help and I will remember to do it every day!

I am not doing that great with the excercise thing! I do play basketball for 2 and 1/2 hours twice a week, but I do need to do something more. I will be going to our local YMCA from now on.

Thanks to all who responded, hopefully this reevaluation of my eating and excericising habits will help. And no, my surgeon is in Mexico and the doctor doing my fills is a few states away so they aren't real close to help. I guess I just need a kick in the butt so that I can get back into the swing of the Band. I guess it would also help to come back to LapBandTalk more often.

Thank you guys very much!

--Kylie

Definitely check your calories. Also find out what your BMR (basal metabolic rate) is so you know what your base calorie intake should be. You might also want to convert (many tools online for this) your activity/exercise to calories to find out what you're burning each day. You can eat a very restricted diet and feel hungry (or not) all the time, but if you're burning fewer calories than you're taking in, you aren't going to lose weight.

Also talk to your mom, encourage her to ask questions here or any other resource. This is not something that should be causing you or your family frustration.

Also, what's your Water intake? Water is crucial for metabolozing properly -- and lots of other things. If you don't drink water, you simply won't lose weigh as effectively.

Also, what's your Water intake? Water is crucial for metabolozing properly -- and lots of other things. If you don't drink water, you simply won't lose weigh as effectively.

I drink a lot of water! Let's just put it this way, it isn't very often that you don't see me with some water. I love water and I drink ice water all the time.

Everyone has given you some great advice; I only have one thing to add. Make sure you do some resistance training i.e. weight training. When we try to lose weight our bodies will preferentially burn muscle because it is more metabolically active than fat. Your body is fighting to keep the weight on. But if you lose muscle your metabolism is lowered and you have to eat even less to lose fat. So get your Protein and build some muscle to rev up your metabolism.

You might want to keep an eye on your aspartame intake too. I know it affects my weight loss dramatically.

OMGosh! Really?!!! I have noticed I lose better when I go a few days with plain Water instead of Crystal Light. Darnit!!!! I love my CL!!!! I was hoping that wasn't linked...thanks alot! :ermm :)

www.room42.com is a good place to figure out how your food intake should break down. Check it out!

You don't note the dates of your "fills" and this seems almost too simple- but maybe it's time for another fill.

I'm a newbie and have not been banded - but in listening to all of these experienced people - I'd evaluate that option.

I'm having the same issue and I met last week with a nutritionist and she recommended going on Protein only for 1 week to jump start your metabolism and then to also keep the fit day food journal. She recommended to stay between 1000-1200 calories a day and exercise 2 days a week with weights and 2 days doing some kind of aerobic activity.