Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So this is my 3rd day on a 2 week pre op diet... the diet consist of 2 Protein shakes, 4 oz fruit, 4 oz vegetables, 4 oz Protein (meat) a day.. I can also have broth, sugar free Jello, and sugar free popsicles. When I stop and read everything I can it seems like I shouldn't be hungry... but my body is telling me different.. I stay with head ache and no energy.. I just want to eat something and feel the feeling of fullness again... I need some encouragement..

Any suggestions on vegetables and meat that are more feeling then others??

Have more Protein shakes maybe, that will fill you up. Or try soybeans, or spinach as they have a lot of Protein.< /p>

I'm on all liquids for a week, and I'm not hungry, I wanna eat, but I'm not hungry, just gotta pay attention to it. Keep your mind occupied so you don't think about food.

I would say that would be the best idea. I'm on 3-4 Protein shakes, no food. and I'm not hungry.

Or call your doctor and see what they would recommend. I'm guessing adding more food is probably not a good option, don't want to start over eating again.

So this is my 3rd day on a 2 week pre op diet... the diet consist of 2 Protein shakes, 4 oz fruit, 4 oz vegetables, 4 oz Protein (meat) a day.. I can also have broth, sugar free Jello, and sugar free popsicles. When I stop and read everything I can it seems like I shouldn't be hungry... but my body is telling me different.. I stay with head ache and no energy.. I just want to eat something and feel the feeling of fullness again... I need some encouragement..

Any suggestions on vegetables and meat that are more feeling then others??

I am glad I am not the only one. I am starving and I am on day 7. Good luck to you! We can do it, just think it is just temporary!.. :blink:

Hi everyone! I am on day 4 and also starving!!!! Surgery on the 20th. Plus I have only lost 1 lb which is discouraging. I think if I saw the scale going down it would offset the hunger. Are you already losing?

Hi everyone! I am on day 4 and also starving!!!! Surgery on the 20th. Plus I have only lost 1 lb which is discouraging. I think if I saw the scale going down it would offset the hunger. Are you already losing?

I've lost 4 lbs in 4 days.. that's the only thing that is keeping me going is watching the number on the scale go down.. My surgery is also on the 20th.. I so can't wait!! :)

I'm finishing day 3 and I'm hungry too although I find warm broth satisfies me in the e evening and crystal light of her al teas durin the day...day 3 down and 11 to go!

You appear to have the most liberal 2 week pre op diet I've seen. Mine is Clear Liquids, full liquids, SF Jello, SF puddings, SF popscicles. smoothie King Gladiator Protein Meal Replacement full liquids (using skim milk) shakes are my main food source. I just competed Day 11! No hunger or headaches, Losing tons of Water weight (15.6 lbs after Day 9). Haven't weighed since. Even my shoes are beginning to feel loose!

I'm really wish I could chew a small piece of Protein meat, or fruits, or vegatables. But I'm not hungry and have plenty energy.

Hang in there. It's for your own good. Keep busy. Good Luck.

I'll be banded Monday!

I definatly think that your body knows if your hungry or not. It's hard but you can do it.

I have been on the pre-op diet since Tuesday so about 5 days...wow..it seems longer. The first two days were horrible...I had a headache each day and was super crabby. I was on a 5-6 medifast diet with 1 protien bar a day. As much sugar free Jello and Sugar Free popsicles as I wanted, boulion cube Soups and sugar free drinks like crystal light, ect. I have a whole book of what I can eat.The second day I had a brocolli cream Soup and felt sick to my stomach. The next day I tried a protien fruit drink with sprite zero and was about to get sick in front of my students. I ate some Jello and had a hot chocolate protien drink and again felt sick. Finally, I called my nutrionist. She said some people can't tolerate the drinks and such. She allowed me to eat 6 oz of chicken and tuna in Water. This has definately helped. I would call the nutrionist. I love the protien bars and the chicken and rice soup but that is about it. Since I ate the chicken my headache has gone away and I don't eat as much. I am worried about not working out because I have a pacemaker and don't want to overstress my heart.

One of the ladies at work that had the surgery last spring from the same doctor said she just didn't eat because she couldn't tolerate the protien foods and was afraid to mess up. I am happy to see the pounds come off but am nervous about the surgery because I don't want anything to mess this up. I lost 120 pounds about 6 or so years ago. Then a virus attacked my heart and I gained about 60-70 pounds back. This is the best option for me, so I am going to do everything I can.

Just hang in there and keep talking to people who are going through it. They have good advice and definately use your doctors and nutrionist to help you be successful.

Good luck.

Hi..Your pre op diet is the same as mine Julie. I decided to ge a little jump start and started the pre-op 3 weeks in advance (to give myself some buffer if I have an oops day!), am on day 13 now and have lost 9 lbs. Just remember, this is not to loose weight but to make the liver less fatty, so very limited carbs. I have not had any rice, bread, Pasta, or milk since beginning. If I'm hungry then I thow another bag of steam veg (leafy green not corn or carrots) in the microwave (I mean 80 caloreis for whole bag!), put some spray butter on it and that tides me over for sure. Still having less than 1000 cal intake a day.. but all Protein and very little carbs. Add another scoop to your Protein shake can help as well. I am not limiting to 4 oz protien, veg a day and it is still coming off.

You can do it!! Good luck.

I'm on day 2, only allowed shakes, ice cream (which I think is weird, but it says it is allowed), SF Jello, SF popsicles, yogurt. Yesterday I did ok, I was at work most of the day. Today I am home so not as busy and I am a bit more hungry, but I am managing.

I was in shock this morning, I had lost 4 lbs from when I weighed yesterday morning. I know most of it is Water weight and that won't happen everyday, but I was like OMG, and I am ecstatic. I know it is not about weight loss, but about your liver, but the weight loss helps me feel good about it.