Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

check out this thread under exercise. I am doing a challenge there.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/topic/113615-workout-challenge-and-chat-thread/page__st__80__p__1550806__fromsearch__1#entry1550806

When were you banded? I have started walking and even though it's ccccold outside I am feeling good about getting moving again.

my doc says no gym till Jan 3rd

but I would love to do a challenge go to the gym 3x;s a week starting jan mon wed and sat is my Water workout classes and I will throw in walk 1 mile one day I dont have class......

When were you banded?

I had my band surgery on 12/22, so it hasn't even been a week yet. I'm feeling pretty good - even cooked Christmas dinner. I was doing 45 minutes of cardio prior to surgery, and I don't mind doing it again, I just don't want to push it too soon or wait too late to start. Make sense?

Hi everyone, I was banded 13 December 2010, I am 55 5'4, and 229 when I was banded - I am entering week 3 with the pureed diet. I am trucking right along. I do not feel that I have a band on. I have lost 15 pounds since surgery and since it is so cold in GA I am walking in the house and on my WII fit program. .

I am getting anxious to get back to doing some sort of physical activity too (not walking, I am not fond of it and it is to cold out), but I am just one week post op. I am going to my post op check Wednesday and I will ask. One bad thing I did do is I went back to work today and we had a lot of snow and I shoveled myself out. Not sure if I should tell my doctor I did that, I may get in trouble.

A quick question, maybe TMI, I have had diarrhea since I started the liquid diet and I am usually constipated and take Miralax regularly ( not since the diet though( so I am kind of don't want to take immodium, should I just wait it out and figure once I start eating stuff it should clear up?

Hey everyone this is my first post!!! I was banded on 12/20/10 I am down 20lbs from my pre op weight so far I'm happy with the results my clothes are even starting to loosen up... I am having problems sleeping myself and one of the incisions is slightly painful still... Is anyone experiencing the most horrorable gas pains ever??? My shoulder is killing me!!! My stomach is non stop gurgling!!! Anyway hope everyone is doing well and keep going strong!!! :)

I'm down 21 pounds yay!!

My sheet says nothing strenuous for 6 weeks, just walking and you should get up to 2 miles a day. I feel good enough to go to the gym but I haven't yet, think I'll wait a little longer

check out this thread under exercise. I am doing a challenge there.

http://www.lapbandta..._1#entry1550806

When were you banded? I have started walking and even though it's ccccold outside I am feeling good about getting moving again.

I was banded dec 13th

thanks for the site !!

Amy

Hello,

I am 3 plus weeks post op and doing well. I haven't lost any additional weight in the last week and a half, Cookies and fudge go down easily! LOL

I am getting anxious to get back to doing some sort of physical activity too (not walking, I am not fond of it and it is to cold out), but I am just one week post op. I am going to my post op check Wednesday and I will ask. One bad thing I did do is I went back to work today and we had a lot of snow and I shoveled myself out. Not sure if I should tell my doctor I did that, I may get in trouble.

A quick question, maybe TMI, I have had diarrhea since I started the liquid diet and I am usually constipated and take miralax regularly ( not since the diet though( so I am kind of don't want to take immodium, should I just wait it out and figure once I start eating stuff it should clear up?

My post op instructions said to take pepto bismol as needed for diarrhea. My post op appointment (one week) said no gym until one month post op. I have gone a few times but am not doing abdominal work.

I went to Fudruckers for lunch today and ate chicken strips and fries. I felt fine and it was lovely to eat only 2/3 of a kids meal and feel satisfied! My growing 12 year old son was more than happy to finish my leftovers!

My first fill is scheduled for January 5th.

Joan

A quick question, maybe TMI, I have had diarrhea since I started the liquid diet and I am usually constipated and take miralax regularly ( not since the diet though( so I am kind of don't want to take immodium, should I just wait it out and figure once I start eating stuff it should clear up?

Hi Jess!

I, too, had problems with diarrhea after surgery. I'm not sure if you are lactose intolerant, but if you weren't before surgery you could be after surgery. I had a mild lactose issue before surgery which was made worse after surgery. At the suggestion of my dietician, I eliminated the Protein Shakes with lactose (try Isopure from GNC) and that did the trick.

Good luck!

Woo Hoo!!! I got on the scale today and after the scale not moving for about a week (thanks to my TOM) I am down another 4 lbs but more importantly I met my goal of being below 300 by the end of the year. This is the first time I have seen a "2" at the beginning of my weight in about 5 years so I am sooooo excited!!! :D :D :D

Way to go Vicky!!!! That's awesome!!!

Yay Vicky!!! I made the same goal and reached it isn't it great!!!

Hello,

Yeah Vicky!! I am so happy you reached your year end goal!

Do you all take Vitamins? And if so, chewable? Where do you buy yours? I am taking Centrum Silver chewables and Caltrate soft chews for Calcium.< /p>

Joan

Hello there,

I was banded on December 13, 2010. I am 28 years old and I Need to loose about 95 more lbs. I am 5'1'' and all sorts of things run in my family, so I decided that this was the best option for me. Not only to be healthy but to be able to play with my 7 year old.

I am 3 weeks post op and I have lost about 17lbs and going strong. I believe sometime in Jan I go for my first fill. I am a little reclusive about it however Im sure Ill be fine. I am on puree'd food and I can eat about a half of a cup of food. I haven't had any restrictions and am doing fine so far.

If anyone has any advice for me I would love to hear. Thanks for reading. Have a great holiday!

Hi everyone - I was banded on 12/17, so into my second week now. It is amazing to me how some are eating chili a few days out and some like me on liquids still. First week was just diluted sugar free juices, Water, clear broth and sugar free frozen fruit bars. Last Friday, 12/24 I could start cream Soups, Protein Drinks and yogurt, main focus - eating Protein. This Fri. I can start pureed/soft foods and that is the diet for 2 weeks! Just certain meats, eggs, veggies and fruit pureed plus most definately the Protein Shakes. I am happy to say I have lost 19 pounds so far, but do get hungry. I had extreme continuous gas and belching 2 days after surgery and had to go back in the hospital to get 3 cc’s removed from the band because it was not allowing the liquids to go down due to swelling around the band. Not sure when they will put that saline back, post-op appt. is next Tues. I was glad to find you all here, it’s great to talk to people going through this too! J