Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

I was out for the first time today since I got banded on Monday. Went to get some christmas presents and I was walking around Kohls for like 1.5 hours and walked across the parking lot twice to drop off my car for an oil change. After the 2 hours out, I felt pretty crappy, started feeling a little nauseus at one point. Probably is because I tried having like 1/2 a cup of Unjury chicken flavored broth this morning and only could take like 1/2 of that. and only had like 1/2 a glass to drink this morning too. I am finding it really hard to get any calories in being on Clear Liquids only. Probably only had like 200 calories yesterday, if that. Yesterday I had a sf Jello cup and it took so long to eat it. (plus the fact tht I don't really like jello, but I felt I needed to get something that had a little shape into me. I mean I am not getting nearly even close to the amount of Protein I should. Is this normal for being on clear liquids? I am trying at least to drink my crystal light to stay hydrated, but I feel that I am not even getting enough.

Hi Guys! I enjoy reading eveyone's updates so I thought I would post mine.

2 weeks post op today and Im feeling awesome! I no longer have any gas pain and I have been able to sleep on my sides. The glue on my incisions are almost off and the cuts have healed very well. I find it strange how our doctors take different approches when it comes to eating again. Here is my schedule for post op eating:

Day 1-5 Protein Shakes

Day 6-10 Full Liquids (soups, yogurt, baby food)

Day 11-15 Soft Foods (to include eggs, fish, shredded chicken)

Day 16 - Transition to regular foods

Tomorrow is my 16th Day so Merry Christmas to me...LOL

Initially I lost 18 pds, then gained 4 right after surgery. I have been stuck on 204 for the last week and I just dont understand it. Since last week I have been walking 2 miles on the treadmill and have only been eating what I've been told too. Small meals (size of a CD) 3 times a day, no Snacks in between (actually I've not been hungry to eat anything in between meals) There is no way I have been taking in more the 700 calories per day. I am also hoping that my first fill will jump start me. Other then my dissapointment in lbs lost thus far, I feel great and my cloths are very loose on me so I am excited about that. I hope everyone continued success and please know that your words encourage me!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Monkey,

I'm two weeks post op today and I'm only eating 1/4 cup of mushies at each meal plus two Protein Shakes a day. I'm not at all hungry since surgery so it's been easy. My doc told me to use the lack of hunger to my advantage. Next week I am supposed to increase to 1/3 of a cup and the following week increase to 1/2 of a cup.

Maybe using a calorie tracker would be a good thing? I'm generally around 500 calories (even though I'm doing low sugar and low fat).

Hi Everyone... I was banded on Dec 1/10 and so far have 22lbs off...When I started my 2 week pre-op diet I was 239lbs and am now 217lbs... being that it's so close to Christmas I haven't really had time to do much in the way of exercise except walking while shopping! LOL! I haven't had a fill yet and don't have an appointment until the 14th of January. I'm so glad to have found this site! It's a great way to find support! I do have some friends who have been banded as well and so far so good things are going well for them!

I am 39 years old, have 3 boys, and about 100lbs too lose! I would love to share experiences with you all. Keep up the good work everyone!!

I've been eating more mush and not doing shakes nearly as much, I hate them! I'm getting hungry though... Not constant but I've been doing like 4 servings of mush a day. I feel like I'm self restricting myself. Which is weird I want the full feeling! I don't see my doctor till like the 5th for my "post op"

I haven't weighed in a week I'm scared lol. But my clothes fit a bit better!

Hello everyone! It is so nice to see/read everyones different feelings toward the band at different times. I am post op only 2 days. Was banded on Wed 22nd. I feel amazing. all the gas pain seems to be gone the only part left is the burping and soreness but even that is much lower than even yesterday. It's crazy to see the different food recomendations by different doctors. My doc has me on clear liquid until the 28th when I see him for post op and staple removal. then i can start my shakes on the 27th then move to mushies about a week later and so on. I have had absolutely no trouble with liquids or broths or even sugar free icepops at this time I consider myself very lucky after reading a lot of posts on here seems as though I am a head of the curve. Not gonna get on a scale until i go for my post op though, dont want to get my hopes up or down :) Merry xmas to all that celebrate!

Hello everyone! It is so nice to see/read everyones different feelings toward the band at different times. I am post op only 2 days. Was banded on Wed 22nd....

We're band-buddies! I was banded on the same day. I'm to the "itchy" phase as they removed all my staples prior to leaving the hospital. I was able to start full liquids today (my Christmas present to myself) and enjoyed something other than broth for a change. I am feeling like I'm not getting enough Protein and tried the Protein Bullet today. It was quite gross but at least I got my protein in for the day without drinking tons of shakes.

Is anyone else having back pain? I've felt like I need to go to the chiropractor ever since surgery, but know it will be a while before that's going to happen.

I'm glad everyone seems to be doing well and hope everyone continues to have a happy holiday season!

Hi! I hopefully will join you this Tuesday when I get banded! :P I have been enduring the wait before I got my date and now can't wait for the days to go by! I had to stop and remember tomorrow is only Sunday lol. I am 54 and 5'9' and have been on my low carb diet for just more than 3 wks. I wanted to be ready! Everyone is saying why don't I be on the diet since I've lost 25 lbs on it......because I want to eat fruit and bread again! .....at least there was sf Jello at my brothers today that I had for dessert! Had to put that pecan pie out of mind.:nono:

I too worry about everything working correctly after surgery. I work in a day program for learning disabled individuals so it depends on who I have that day if I'm very active or not. But, I have the week off and can take more if necessary. The staff works very well with each other there. I have been grateful to hear about your experiences. That helps alot. Yes, we can help each other get thru this. :party:

i am post op 12 days and i am NOT getting all of the 80 grams of protien in.... i am not getting all of my Water in either..... any help would be GREAT !!! how are you all doing it?

also cold anyone else having problems drinking or eatting cold now with the band?

Thanks for the Help !!!

Amy

Curious if it is normal that my left arm only seems to bother me at night? I am 5 days post op

Jess55- I had a problem with my left arm after surgery. All around my thumb and index finger were numb for about a week. It was horrible. I also had a sore back. Apparently it was a pinched nerve in my back from the way I was positioned during surgery.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas day (of those who celebrate). I did very well considering my usual. I gave myself a couple of treats- a tiny piece of christmas cake and a glass of wine. The rest was healthy Turkey and vegetables :)

I'm officially back to a normal food tomorrow! Well normal as in low fat, low carb and chew chew chew!!

I'm feeling more hungry as the days go by but still eating very little compared to what I used to eat. I think I will need a fill at my 1 month check up. My Dr. said his fills are very small and takes up to 3 months to notice a real difference. I'm happy with my progress so far so don't mind.

My scars are still itching like crazy and its 3 weeks tomorrow. They're healing very well though and I hope to go swimming soon.

Its great reading everyone's experiences. It really helps! Thanks!

Jess I was banded on the 17th and left shoulder hurts at night too. Its a strange feeling like a pinched nerve radiating pain but only at night. I sometimes have some pain under my left ribs too but I think thats from the port.

So I am not the only one, but I realized that it is not just night it is when I'm laying down, I just hope it wil get better over time. I'm going back to work tomorrow so I hope I feel ok, still having occasional pains though not enough to take the pain meds ( haven't taken them since day 3) I picked up my 21# dog yesterday and I hurt after so work is going to prove a bit difficult. I'm a LVT and I have to take animals out of cages and bend and such. My supervisor knows though so she said just do what you can.

hey guys so Im offiicially a bandster!!! I was banded on the 22nd just like u Jnormous, and MisDiz :) So yay for us. I had really bad gas for a few days and now its finally subsiding. Im eating very little and am very sore in my belly button ( I had SILS) but besides that Im doing good. I only had one day of clear liquid diet and then went to mushys...so Im eating mostly yogurts, scrambled eggs etc...for xmas eve I even had a lil of tilapia :) but yea look forward to going through this with u all xoxo