Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newly Banded...and need help!!

Hi! I was banded just over a month ago. I lost around 6 pounds the first week, but only 2 since then. My surgeon has a new doctor in his practice so I haven't seen my surgeon since my actual surgery. I really do not like this new Dr. He made me feel horrible about not losing more weight. I have been doing what I am supposed to but my losing really slow. He just made me feel like he didn't believe me and I was completely honest with him. Anyways, guess I am stuck with the practice for now but wish I had made another choice.

I am really curious to know what guidelines other people's doctors have them following. For example, my doctor has me on Low Carb...only 30 carbs a day. I hear other doctors have no restrictions on their patients except them eating smaller portions. I would even be glad to have a calorie limit to follow rather than Low Carb. I know I should do what my Dr recommends, but if other people can eat what they want (healthy) and still lose, then why not??

I would love to find a buddy that I can bounce ideas off of, so PM me if you want to chat. I could really use some advice on the whole Dr thing as well as determining what I should be doing eating wise.

I had my surgery one year ago this past August. After my post surgery diet I was allowed to eat whatever I wanted or my body would now allow. Just eat a small meals. After my doctor appointment I always see his in office dietitian who goes over everything I eat or if I have food questions she is who I email or call. They suggest low fat, low sugar, low salt and more Protein. If his patients don't follow the rules they just suggest that they do. Plus we are told to take chewable Vitamins and Calcium pills because we don't get enough in our food. Good luck.

If this other doctor makes you feel bad about yourself tell the office manager, nurses and your doctor. Tell them you want your appointments with your regular doctor and would prefer not to have to go to the bad mouthed one. No doctor should make you feel bad. Even after surgery there is no guarantee that you will drop lots of weight instantly. My doctor said they like you to lose 1 to 2 lbs a week and there have been months when I didn't lose a pound or gained up to 4 lbs. He left it up to me if I wanted the fill.

I am 3 weeks out. my doctor has only told us right now while we are learning about the band that to just eat smaller portions. Make sure it will last for 3 hours. The carbs were to be very low, while we might think that is easier to eat, its not always the best thing for us. Protein we are supposed to have 65 grams for a women and 75 for a man (per my dr's office). Are you pretty much doing close to that?

Thanks everyone for your input!! I had a little pity party over the weekend but I am back at this week. I can really tell I got a fill as I have been sick several times. I am going to stick to the low carb for now but I hope to one day not to feel like I am on a diet. I was never a huge overeater before but still gained weight each year. I am going to try to not let this guy bother me as I know I have been doing the right things (for the most part). There was a women I was talking to in the waiting room who was a couple of months out and had only lost 6 pounds so I know I am not the only one. I hope it will come off a little easier now that I have had this first fill.

I had my surgery in Aug,2010. Im able to eat anything I want ....Just less of it then I use to. I had my 4th adjustment today. I lost 60lbs before surgery and 25 since Aug. 4th.