Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why am I losing weight?

I had restriction day one of surgery ..I just got a fill this week 2cc and feel the exact same. I felt something was wrong because I could not eat for the entire month with no fill... So we will see how it goes with the 2cc fill. Wish you luck

I had my 1st fill last month so i finally feel restriction. I'm down 22lbs since my pre-op diet. Good but not great. Throw in the holidays as a monkey wrench. I want to be down an additional 8 lbs by the end of January, for a total of 30 lbs.

I am scheduled for my first fill next week and I already do fill some restriction but my weight loss has slowed quite a lot so I will probably get it. That said, I did talk to my surgeon at my post op appointment about feeling some restriction and he said that for some people having the band in place is enough for a while and in his experience those people can usually lose their weight with fewer fills. Everyone's body is different...don't worry about it...be happy that you are doing so well!!

you lost 90 lbs in two months?

No. My BMI was hovering at 43 I believe?

you lost 90 lbs in two months?

No I've lost 100lbs total in 8 months.

hi I have been looking for a valentine days challenge....could you possibly post the link?

congrats on your weight loss

That is awesome and I am on track to do the same hopefully. I have lost 65lbs in a little over 2 months. I am scheduled for a fill at the end of January but I will determine if a fill is necessary at that point. Keep up the good work.

No I've lost 100lbs total in 8 months.

hi I have been looking for a valentine days challenge....could you possibly post the link?

congrats on your weight loss

Katie I don't think there is a challenge for Valentine's Day that has been set up. I made up that ticker for my own use, just one of my mini goals. I'm sure one will pop up soon though!

That is awesome and I am on track to do the same hopefully. I have lost 65lbs in a little over 2 months. I am scheduled for a fill at the end of January but I will determine if a fill is necessary at that point. Keep up the good work.

Congrats!!! That is an amazing weightloss so far, you're doing awesome! Keep doing what you're doing because it's working flawlessly!

I had Fluid already in my band when it was put in, unknown to myself or my doctor. So, you might have some in there.

Theoretically speaking, the higher your bmi the more vicseral fat you have around your stomach thereby decreasing the amount of fill you should need. As the fat decreases with weightloss your chance of needing a fill will actually increase. Men tend to carry the majority of their excess weight in their torso which is why some men tend to achieve restriction faster than women. This is also affected by the size of your band (bigger bands need more fill) and individual anatomy.

So now I am at over 2 months post op and still no fill. I lost 37 pounds. My doctor thinks my success is due to my high Protein and low carb diet. Protein makes you feel fuller longer. There was no Fluid in my band. He thinks the band was just a perfect fit for my stomach. I have the smaller lapband.