Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everybody and Merry Christmas from Australia :)

Just new here and cant wait to chat to you all.. I have recently been put on the waiting list for lap band surgery :banana I am looking at max 6 months wait time. Im so excited yet very nervous at the same time as I dont really know what to expect..

I am in the process of doing all my homework on lap band surgery.. And about to read through all the threads... But anyone with any advice or comments or storys they would like to share please feel free to do so.. Let it be the good or the bad..

Hope to hear from you soon

Again Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and A excellent new year ;-)

Hi Lil, welcome to the lapband board. If you are researching specific information on things like diet, doctors, insurance things like that, it might be more helpful for you to go into the search mode for each of these items.

There are lot's of really nice people here, some who are like yourself and trying to get information and others like me, who have already been banded. You will see a number of people asking about certain problems they are having and wanting advice. This is a support board, so don't be surprised to see that alot. There are others who are doing well and just want to share in their excitement about something postivie going on with them.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'm sure you will have several people who will respond to you and try to offer some help. This is a very honest group of people that really care about others. I think you will find this site very helpful to you.

Good luck in your research and ask as many questions as you can think of.

Merry Christmas

Cindy

Awww thanks heaps for your post chichigirl.. I will be asking many questions as time goes by. I want to know all the cons and pro's of this surgery.. I have already read through some threads and have been quite suprised, Some are a little scary and have been a real eye opener.. But then reading through people's progress and their life change is amazing. I cant wait to share that with others..Thanks for the information and thank you for taking the time to respond to me...

Congrats on your weight loss absolutley fantastic :)

Hi Ya Jack... Thanks for the welcome :D LOL Hmm well lets hope gravitation decides to be nice to me and my band will be shipped the right way round lol :)

Hi there Iluvharleys..Ohhh I have been on since 11 pm and it is now 7:30 am I am definatley taking the time to read up on everything :D There is so much information on here it is excellent. I cant believe I have sat here for over 8 hours reading all this lol...

I am still to find a topic about the needle which fills the port? I hope I said that right.. I have a huge fear of needles and am wanting to prepare myself for that so any advice on that would be great...Eg: Big needle, Pain, Depth ect....

Thanks heaps for the welcome and I am glad to be here :)

I dont think its the actual pain that scares me its the look of the needle LOL Im a sook the drs still give me lollypops after having a needle LMAO :D I think its just something I need to prepare for and get use to.. I will have a talk with my surgeon on my next appointment.. He is meant to be one of the best here apparently he is the one who bought the lap band over to Australia..So fingers crossed he is good at giving needles to lol..

I was given a book to read by my surgeon with alot of information but I dont think anything can beat the words of those that have experinced it.

Thanks jack for replying its greatley appreciated :)

Hey Lil, just thought I'd mention you check out the thread with all of the before and after pictures, it's awesome and inspiring. Very uplifting, I visit it often, someday I'd like to be posting my own pics there.

On the fill thing, I'm sure that each doctor is different, mine does use a long needle, but it doesn't go in too far, I have never had a problem with it myself, and I don't think anyone really likes needles, I know I don't. But the whole process only takes a couple of minutes from beginning to end. If you are really concerned about the pain, ask him to give you a little anesthetic on the area where he will put in the needle. Some people have that done, but I have never needed to have it personally.

Cindy

Hi again chichigirl :) Ive already checked out the Before and Afters it is trully amazing and as you said very inspiring.. Im getting so impatient now after seeing these threads lol.. But I will stick with the saying good things come to those that wait..

Thanks for your suggestion I will see how I go with the whole needle thing I might see if I can take some form of relaxer :D

I have to go for a pysical soon to see if I am fit enough for the procedure ? Not to sure what they want me to do lol I have never been for one before but Im guessing I should wear comfortable clothes and runners?

HI. I am new. I am glad I found this site. It looks very informative. I am meeting with my surgeon on Jan 19 and already scheduled for Feb 14th. Yep, no chocolate for Valentines day this year. I went to the orientation meeting and already scheduled my initial visit and surgery date. I had to schedule already because I'm off in February for winter break. If I change my mind I'll cancel but I really want to do this.

I don't know how to post my own intro message so I thought this was a great place to start.

Hi nickysmom WOW surgery on valentines day you couldnt do any better than that LOL..

Im only new here also.. But to start a new thread when you first click into introductions to the right it says how many pages there are and to the left is a tab that says post new thread just click on that :) If I confused you im sorry Im still yet to learn how things work on this forum..

Good luck :)