Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh my God, I have a SHAPE!

Okay, so it's still a large shape, but it's a shape! My goodness, I even have a butt. Never had a butt before, couldn't see it with all of my back fat. Wow, I'm stoked.

Hope everyone had happy holidays!

post-203691-13813131226288_thumb.jpg

Oh God, *those* things! They're sticking out way too far! I've gone from a 48 to a 40, but the darn things are still DDDs! Oh well, I guess a reduction will be in my future. Here's to perky boobs!

Our "kid" had a reduction last July. First thing she said in the recovery room was, "I can breathe." BTW, she was "squeezing" into a 38DDD, but her actual measurement was 36J. Her surgeon removed about two pounds from each side, and she's a dainty D at this point and loving it.

I'm planning on a boob reduction and lift (no implants) and a panni or abdominoplasty. I think I'll do that first. I may not wait to get to goal, either. (good thing, given my current progress or lack thereof.) I'm a few days short of 57 years old, I've had a c-section and a hysterectomy, with navel to pubis incisions, and I've looked like Austrian draperies for thirty years, even AT goal weight. So, I kind of feel like I get to have my tummy done just because I want to.

Alexis!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK GREAT!!!! i think i'd rather have boobs than have the 'sock boobs' so many people refer to getting when they lose weight!

106 POUNDS in almost 11 months!!!! WOW!!! i am in awe! Congratulations! are you exercising? eating healthy? whats your secret!!;)

Alexis, you really look fantastic - I know it's cliched but what an an amazing transformation! I'm loving all the photos coming up here - it's brilliant "getting to know" people!

Michelle - I've only lost 35lbs (I'm delighted with the loss, but as a percentage of what I am hoping to lose, it is still in the early stages - hopefully!) but all the weight has gone from my face (yay), my waist is actually defined (also yay) but also from my boobs - I hadn't heard the expression sock boobs but I have definitely got the beginings of that! None of my bras fit me and my "push up" bra actually sniggered and was heard whispering something on the lines of "yeah right" and "I'm a bra, not a freaking miracle worker....." to the other bras eyeing me disdainfully from the drawer this morning - one of the few advantages to being large was (in addition to constant warmth!) was the ol' reliable killer cleavage....sigh....no more! I would have greatly appreciated a book on origami for christmas so's I'll be actually be able to get the damn things into a bra in a few months............!;):D :D

Alexis

You look Grand!! congratulations!

You are such a insperation. Boobs are for baby's and pleasure....If you have them, use them, LOL.

My sister had large reductions based on back pain and her insurance paid out in full, we have a history of breast cancer which she/we fear and have lost our mom and sister. I'm the only one in the family that understands her fear and why she did it. She is also obesit.

I did do research on obesity and breast cancer and the only thing I found was it effects afro-americans in menopause. On the news just yesterday "new research" says exercise can reduces the chance of breast cancer. They didn't say why but I believe its to reduce the fat around the breast cells.

I do get off topic sometimes but remember to do self exams. It still affects 1 in 9 women.

Its so good to hear from you Alexis and see you too!

You look Grand!

;)

Wow, guys, thanks! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post again, we had to ire another bartender at work, so I've been going crazy training someone new. One of the owner's friends who has never bartended before. Oy!

Sue, I had been wondering how the "kid" was doing. Glad she's happy with her reduction. I'll definitely want some sort of reduction or lift, depends on how close to goal I get and how I'll look then. I hear ya on the draperies...a Tummy Tuck is most definitely in my future!

Shelly, I don't think I really have a secret. I haven't cut out any of the food groups. I do try to get in Protein first, but I don't go low-carb. My brain simply can't survive on a low-carb diet, I get fuzzy and my memory goes. I need a good memory for work, so I don't risk it. I guess I eat healthy compared to how I ate before surgery. My pre-surgery diet consisted of fast food (usually two whole value meals) and chocolate. I could go for days eating nothing but chocolate. I do still eat chocolate when I crave it, but I force myself to have a more structured meal plan around it. I tend to use the meal plans at www.ediets.com and really like them. As far as exercise, I've been really lax in that department. My job keeps me active, but at this point, not active enough, so I'm going to be rejoining the gym this week.

Getting a fill next week too, hopefully! When I saw her last month, I had a horrible cold/flu thing going on and she didn't want to fill me because of the mucus. Desperately needing a fill now though. That combined with exercise should jumpstart me again. Was nice having a break over the holidays though. Sometimes weight loss on top of everything else going on is just too much to think about!

Sorry for rambling. Thanks again, everyone! Sometimes it helps me to see my pics together to get an idea of how far I've come. When I look in the mirror, I'm still fat, just not *as* fat, so that gets discouraging at times.