Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Adam Goldstein, Voorhees, NJ ANY INPUT PLEASE???

I'm very new to this...within the last month I have gone to my first seminar for Lapband and had my first consult with Dr. Adam Goldstein of Voorhees. Going through my checklist from him for all the tests that need to be done...Just wondering if anyone had any input on Dr. Goldstein or the Healthy Lifestyles Program he recommends for pre-surgery consults and testing. Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you so much...

I'm very new to this...within the last month I have gone to my first seminar for Lapband and had my first consult with Dr. Adam Goldstein of Voorhees. Going through my checklist from him for all the tests that need to be done...Just wondering if anyone had any input on Dr. Goldstein or the Healthy Lifestyles Program he recommends for pre-surgery consults and testing. Any info would be much appreciated. Thank you so much...

I am using Dr. Goldstein. I like him and his Staff is wonderful. I did not go to the New beginnings program I went to see Dr. Deibler for psychological clearance and Kelly Burgess dietitian. They were nice and it was easy. I hope to get banded in Dec. I'll find out on Tuesday.

I am using Dr. Goldstein. I like him and his Staff is wonderful. I did not go to the New beginnings program I went to see Dr. Deibler for psychological clearance and Kelly Burgess dietitian. They were nice and it was easy. I hope to get banded in Dec. I'll find out on Tuesday.

Thank Dori good luck on getting your answer Tuesday. Just wondering how long was the process with Dr. Deibler and Kelly? There was another place recommended to me, which didn't take insurance and was 599.00 they said the process can be three to six months....I thought that was crazy. I have appointments set up for the other tests just waiting to hear back from Dr. Deibler on Monday. So how long did you work them to get clearance for the surgery?? Thanks

Thank Dori good luck on getting your answer Tuesday. Just wondering how long was the process with Dr. Deibler and Kelly? There was another place recommended to me, which didn't take insurance and was 599.00 they said the process can be three to six months....I thought that was crazy. I have appointments set up for the other tests just waiting to hear back from Dr. Deibler on Monday. So how long did you work them to get clearance for the surgery?? Thanks

Thank you! I saw Dr. Deibler once I had to take a written test. Then she talked to me, she said ok I am a good canidate for Lap band. She said give her a few days to get a letter to Dr. Goldstein. (It took 3 hours) With Kelly I saw her once also, it took an hour she gave me good advice on what to eat and how to make good choices. My insurance did not cover either one so i paid out of pocket. $499.00 for Dr. Diebler and $125.00 for Kelly.

Thank you! I saw Dr. Deibler once I had to take a written test. Then she talked to me, she said ok I am a good canidate for Lap band. She said give her a few days to get a letter to Dr. Goldstein. (It took 3 hours) With Kelly I saw her once also, it took an hour she gave me good advice on what to eat and how to make good choices. My insurance did not cover either one so i paid out of pocket. $499.00 for Dr. Diebler and $125.00 for Kelly.

I'm so glad you told me that I was starting to get overwhelmed by my "checklist"...wasn't sure how long the clearance took my other option told me like 3-6 months worth of classes and such....

I got my date... Monday Dec. 13 I am excited and nervous. I hope all is well with you and your journey.

Congrats! I have all appts. Scheduled....already had lab work and barrium swallow : / done. The more I get accomplished on my journey the more nervous I get....I keep second guessing myself...but @ 29 y/o and being overweight my entire adult life...trying every diet known to man...I hope this is what I need....what is ur pre op diet ??? I'm so glad I found someone else using dr goldstein : ) to relate to.

Hi Jerseygirl,

I have gone through Dr. Goldstein, Dr. Diebler and Kelly. I honestly could not ask for a better team of people helping me with this journey! I started in June emailing Dr. Goldstein and he personally responded to all of my questions. I went to his seminar in July and had my first consult with him in September. It took me from Sept 10th till early November to complete everything. Dr. Dieblers meeting consisted of her asking some questions and me filling out a 300 question survey type test. I was meeting with Kelly about once a week she was covered by my insurance. She is great at what she does and helped me lose the 10lbs required by Dr.Goldstein prior to surgery and has given me so much information about post surgery. I'am scheduled for surgery December 6th which is this Monday. I am so happy with my decision to choose Dr. Goldstein. Please don't let the checklist overwhelm you. Once you get started everything seems to fly by. The thing that takes the longest is to receive sleep study results. If Dr. Goldstein recommended you to have a sleep study try and see a pulmonary Dr. and schedule one right away. I wish you all the luck with this journey and if you have any questions about Dr.Goldsteins program Id be happy to talk more!

-Rebecca

Hi Jerseygirl,

I have gone through Dr. Goldstein, Dr. Diebler and Kelly. I honestly could not ask for a better team of people helping me with this journey! I started in June emailing Dr. Goldstein and he personally responded to all of my questions. I went to his seminar in July and had my first consult with him in September. It took me from Sept 10th till early November to complete everything. Dr. Dieblers meeting consisted of her asking some questions and me filling out a 300 question survey type test. I was meeting with Kelly about once a week she was covered by my insurance. She is great at what she does and helped me lose the 10lbs required by Dr.Goldstein prior to surgery and has given me so much information about post surgery. I'am scheduled for surgery December 6th which is this Monday. I am so happy with my decision to choose Dr. Goldstein. Please don't let the checklist overwhelm you. Once you get started everything seems to fly by. The thing that takes the longest is to receive sleep study results. If Dr. Goldstein recommended you to have a sleep study try and see a pulmonary Dr. and schedule one right away. I wish you all the luck with this journey and if you have any questions about Dr.Goldsteins program Id be happy to talk more!

-Rebecca

Hi there, I have Dr. Goldstein. LOVE LOVE LOVE him (and his assistant Eva is the best). I just saw him for a fill today. I have to say he is absolutely wonderful and I couldn't be more pleased with my choice. What an amazing experienced I've had. I've recommended him to several people. I can't say enough about him. I was intimidated by the checklist and Fitsmart requirement (I had my surgery before he began working with the Team over at Lourdes as well), but I wanted this so bad I would have walked through fire to make it happen and before I knew it, everything was done.

@Rebecca--good luck on Monday! You're in excellent hands!!!!!

Rebecca thanks so much for the info! He seems great and I can't find anything negative about him. I found out that dr. Deibler and Kelly are not in-network so id have to pay out of pocket : ( I've been searching for someome in network with no luck....I don't know what I'm gonna do I might just end up going and paying myself or asking my boyfriend if it can be my christmas present...lol. So you go Monday...that is awesome! You'll have to keep me updated. if u don't mind ill inbox you my email bc I'm sure ill have questions I meant to ask...btw I'm Jamie

Hi there, I have Dr. Goldstein. LOVE LOVE LOVE him (and his assistant Eva is the best). I just saw him for a fill today. I have to say he is absolutely wonderful and I couldn't be more pleased with my choice. What an amazing experienced I've had. I've recommended him to several people. I can't say enough about him. I was intimidated by the checklist and Fitsmart requirement (I had my surgery before he began working with the Team over at Lourdes as well), but I wanted this so bad I would have walked through fire to make it happen and before I knew it, everything was done.

@Rebecca--good luck on Monday! You're in excellent hands!!!!!

-Thanks Juliansmom, I have had so many people ask me why I am not nervous, I have done so much research and I am confident in my choice with Goldstein, I love Eva too she is great! The whole staff at the office is wonderful. Im so happy to talk to someone else who has dealt with him!

Rebecca thanks so much for the info! He seems great and I can't find anything negative about him. I found out that dr. Deibler and Kelly are not in-network so id have to pay out of pocket : ( I've been searching for someome in network with no luck....I don't know what I'm gonna do I might just end up going and paying myself or asking my boyfriend if it can be my christmas present...lol. So you go Monday...that is awesome! You'll have to keep me updated. if u don't mind ill inbox you my email bc I'm sure ill have questions I meant to ask...btw I'm Jamie

Jamie,

No problem I would love to email back and forth and help you with any questions along the way,because I know I had a lot and Im sure this is just the beginning so when fills come around I know I'll have a lot more as well. Dr.Diebler was out of network for me as well. Her appointment was $500 for me but she broke it up into payments. $250 was due at the meeting and then i had two additional payments of $125. These people know its expensive and they are willing to work with you its amazing! my email is Becca.B711@yahoo.com feel free to write!

@ Julians mom....that's awesome I'm so happy people are starting to respond. So where did u go for ur psych/nutrition eval?? I'm having such a hard time finding someone my insurance will cover. I have NJ direct they emailed me a 5 page list of docs for the psych/nutrition eval and the list was so outdated, most were wrong numbers and the ones I reached weren't taking new patients...uugghhhh. Oh well ill start my search again tomorrow. I know dr. Goldstein works out of virtua voorhees but does he do his procedures @ any other hospitals?? I live in Burlington but after the seminar I liked him so much I don't care about driving to Voorhees.. Thanks again for the reply

@ Julians mom....that's awesome I'm so happy people are starting to respond. So where did u go for ur psych/nutrition eval?? I'm having such a hard time finding someone my insurance will cover. I have NJ direct they emailed me a 5 page list of docs for the psych/nutrition eval and the list was so outdated, most were wrong numbers and the ones I reached weren't taking new patients...uugghhhh. Oh well ill start my search again tomorrow. I know dr. Goldstein works out of virtua voorhees but does he do his procedures @ any other hospitals?? I live in Burlington but after the seminar I liked him so much I don't care about driving to Voorhees.. Thanks again for the reply. : )

Jamie