Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP sick of soup and potatoes suggestions please

Since Dec 1st I have been eating Soup, potatoes , oatmeal and chicken salad and sugar free puddings(diabetic) I am sick of it Any suggestions. If I cant come up with something diffrent I fear I may cheat.Im not hungry just tired of the same old things.

Christmas is coming and I do not know what I will eat.HELP

Hey lady!

check out bhg.com! I found a recipe for asian turkey and rice Soup, sounds absolutely delicious! You would probably do well to leave out the rice for now, but when I make it I will use lo-mein noodles!!

chicken salad - mmmmm! Never thought of that delectable little tidbit!

Well, I'm off to make some yummy chicken salad - oh wait, I'm still on mushies ... darn!!!!!

~cheri

I like taco bell so i would go get a combo burrito(beans, beef and sauce) and add extra sauce ...dump it in to a little bowl throw away the shell and yum .. maybe a dallop of sour cream(fat free)

What about trying something like a pureed Soup or chili? Black bean soup is great, nice seasoning and high in Protein. Just whirl it up in a blender and heat, yuuuummmm. Do the same with chili or any other kind of soup that has different seasoning.

You can also try cottage cheese with no sugar added fruit preserves or applesauce. Scrambled eggs might be tolerable for you now or even egg salad.

As for Christmas dinner, I don't have any real festive suggestions for that, sorry.

Also check the food threads here, there are usually alot of receipes of different kinds of meals.

Merry Christmas

Cindy

Pate! Go to the deli section and look at all the luscious pates and spreads that you'd never buy because they're too pricey. Great ethnic spreads like hummus, tzatziki, and liverwursts are what I lived on. Also soft cheeses, like goat cheese and this horrendously rich French things. DROOL!!!

The mushy phase is a license to try new things. Go for it!

I made the most amazing Christmas dessert for our dinner with Doug's family last night and actually got to taste some if it. An ice cream like thing that was made with creme fraiche and spiced with cardamom and a few other things, accompanied by brandied fruit - so that it tasted like Christmas pudding without all the flour. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........... gosh it was good!!

You just need to use your imagination. I had scrambled eggs for lunch yesterday - done in a tiny dab of butter, with chives and some cheese, salt and pepper, yummy. Dahl, like I mentioned, fabulous with a dollop of greek style natural yogurt, I had thick set vanilla yogurt and mashed fruit for Breakfast today, tonight is Christmas dinner with my family - I get mashed veges (lots of roast pumpkin in the mix, love roast pumpkin) with gravy - at the moment everything seems like an amazing taste sensation to me, probably coz I've just done 2 weeks on liquids. Home made Soups are so good, I'd never eat canned Soup willingly. tuna or salmon mornay, macaroni cheese blended just a touch, there's so many things you can eat whilst on mushies if you think about it.

I liked cream of wheat, Blended Gispacho Soup, refried Beans with melted cheese, I put a little taco seasoning in the beans to liven them up a bit, Baby food from the jars, some of the stuff is actually ok. Cheddar cheese chewed very well, and Baked squash with a little parmasian cheese salt and pepper, Steamed apples with cinammon and brown sugar from my pressure cooker, steamed carrots, and paul newman oreos with the frosting bumped off and I chewed and chewed and drank milk, and one of my favorites was grahm crackers in milk.

Are you on mushies now? if so get some canned turkey, mix with mayo, eat with cranberries and a bit of mashed spuds. Put some sourcream on the mashed spuds, you can also melt some cheese on them.Vickyp>

Since Dec 1st I have been eating Soup, potatoes , oatmeal and chicken salad and sugar free puddings(diabetic) I am sick of it Any suggestions. If I cant come up with something diffrent I fear I may cheat.Im not hungry just tired of the same old things.</p>Christmas is coming and I do not know what I will eat.HELP

Thanks for some good ideas.Graham crackers and milk yummy.What kind of hummus is good and what the heck is it? I did the Taco Bell thing yesterday.My husband said he hates taco bell but it was the best thing I have eaten in 26 days.I have done eggs, egg salad, chicken salad,tuna salad , fish,homemade potatoe Soup, Veg beef soup canned Soups of all kinds,im sick of soup.

Hummos is a blend of tahinni(crushed sesame seed) and ground up chick peas, sometimes called garbonzo Beans. There are roasted garlic types, ground olive types and some peppery types for starters. a lot of different stores have different brands. The containers are usually small so its ok to experiment. It is often used on warm fresh pita bread, sometimes fallafel, salads and crackers Its Mediteranian in orgin. have fun!

P.S. Im so proud of you, you were banded after me, and you have lost more weight than me already!! You go girl, and I mean that literally! Good job!