Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have BCBSNC PPO?

If so...how long did it take to get approval? I'm currently waiting on their decision. I'm getting nervous. I dont want to come this far to be denied!

I do! After my information was submitted I was approved the same day.

Thanks ladies!! I was approved yesterday. I found out when I called BCBS, I still havent heard anything from the doctor's office. I'm assuming they are still planning on the 12/9 date. That will be fine with me since I need to lose some weight pre op anyway.

I have BCBSNC.... My paperwork was sent in on November 2nd. I have STILL not heard anything.

When I called BCBS they said it was in 'review'. I'm also getting pretty nervous. How long had they had yours when you got approved. Its been 2 1/2 weeks so far for me.

Running out of fingernails!!!!

Cindy

New...mine was submitted on 11/9 and I was approved on 11/11. You should be hearing something back really soon. If they were going to deny you, they probably would have done so by now. Hang in there, you will get an approval shortly!

Hi guys! I'm in the process of doing all the steps to be approved for lapband through BCBS-NC. It sounds like most of you have had success with them. I was told that they require a 5 year history of my weight, a psych eval, and that they may need some diet documentation. Did you guys have to supply diet documentation? If so, how detailed do I need to be?

Thanks!

Hi guys! I'm in the process of doing all the steps to be approved for lapband through BCBS-NC. It sounds like most of you have had success with them. I was told that they require a 5 year history of my weight, a psych eval, and that they may need some diet documentation. Did you guys have to supply diet documentation? If so, how detailed do I need to be?

Thanks!

Amber,

This is what they required:

BMI greater or = to 40 (no comorbities)

BMI less than 40 but 35> (at least one comorbidity)

2 year weight history

Nutritional evaluation within the last 12 months

Mental health evaluation

That was it! My surgery is 12/9!!! Good luck to you!!

I was approved with BCBS of NC in 2 days. I was amazed! My surgery will be on the 13th and I am currently on my liquid diet!

Honestly this whole process has been so much easier then I planned for! I did go through a clinic which required that I have 3 appointments with a Doctor, 3 nutrition classes and a one on one with a nutritionist. I also had to have a psych evaluation. All before I can see a surgeon. They told me that most people can expect to wait about 6 plus months to get all these things done. Best case would be 4 months.

I did not have to have any prior weight loss information..like 5 years worth of information.

I also had to lose 5% before I met the surgeon.

My surgeon is ready to go and basically I saw him and he said as long as I get approved by BC then we will have it done asap. That was at the end of Nov.

There you go! I am excited to start and disliking the liquid diet but am surviving!

Good luck guys! Oh and let me tell you blogging and reading others stories has really really helped me!