Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh Bandster Hell... ;p

Hi all!!

I wasn't sure exactly what bandster hell was. I have seen it as topics of conversation, but never having much free time, I never really get a lot of free time to check it out...

I think I officially know what it is now. If its not, feel free to correct me, but for me, this is what it is! :)

I was banded July 6th, 2010. 3 more days and I will be 4 months post-op! I did my 2 week liquid diet beginning June 22nd. I have basically been hungry since then!!!! :rolleyes:

I chose not to tell many people, just immediate family and best friends. So they don't really understand why I'm grumpy! LOL. But no one will ever tell me I took the easy way out! I've had 4 fills (kinda) and am still hungry, no...starving! I have to have small, teensy fills due to swelling and vomiting. I have lost 78 lbs since June 22nd. I am stoked about that! However, it has been pure willpower on my part... I have literally been measuring out 3/4 to 1 cup of food and slowly eating that. When it's gone, that's it for 3 hours, satisfied or not. My doctors are amazed, but none of us can wait until I find my sweet spot! They told me I don't have to measure, eat til full, the band is supposed to work with me so I don't have to "diet" but I refuse. Nothing is stopping me now! LOL

I was just wondering what the average fill is until I stop being hungry. I love my band, it was definitely the best decision I ever made. However, all the brochures about stopping hunger...false advertising! I was expecting to be full immediately. LOL. Oh well, it is what it is. Any advice is welcome!

Thanks! Ashley

2 week PRE-OP diet- 6/22/2010-7/6/2010

Banded- 7/6/2010 :wub:

1st fill- 2cc 8/24/2010

2nd fill- 1cc 9/23/2010 (removed all on 9/24/2010 after 26 hrs of vomiting)

3rd fill- 0.2cc 10/12/2010

4th fill- 0.2cc 11/2/2010

Total's= 2.4cc, 78 lbs lost, BMI down 12, 44 total inches lost. From size 26 to 16. :lol:

Maybe it is more of a mental thing. That is how it is with me. I haven't had a fill yet, so I am losing on pure willpower as well. It sucks! Can't wait for restriction, but I know I have some mental issues with food to work on, or the band will not work in the end. I have really been working on being aware of what my hunger cues are, and how to spot when I am really hungry, or if I really want food because I used to eat at a certain time, or when I had company...okay, now I'm rambling. Anyway, it is something to think about. Good luck with your journey!

Thanks! Good Luck with your lap band journey as well! I cannot WAIT to feel restriction and not be consumed by hunger! Oh well, still can't complain! How much have you lost? :)

I have a different issue that I am wondering is Bandster Hell. I am not hungry, but no matter how good I do on the diet, I am not losing any weight. It as been a few weeks now. I see my doc next week and hopefully he will schedule 1st fill then.

I am beginning to think I am not going to get anywhere. I even exercise most days of the week.

Ashley - you are amazing!! I am in awe of how well you are doing and how you have changed your behaviors.

WAY TO GO!!!!

Oh I wish that was a problem I would have had! I was hungry within 2 days of surgery! I couldn't believe it! Hang in there though! From what I have read, everyone is different afterwards! Keep me posted!!:)

Desiree, Thanks so much! When was your surgery?

Desiree, Thanks so much! When was your surgery?

I had mine on September 10th

and a size 16 sounds like the size I would love to be!!!

Awesome! So we are roughly 2 months apart in our journeys! Keep in touch please!

I have a different issue that I am wondering is Bandster Hell. I am not hungry, but no matter how good I do on the diet, I am not losing any weight. It as been a few weeks now. I see my doc next week and hopefully he will schedule 1st fill then.

I am beginning to think I am not going to get anywhere. I even exercise most days of the week.

Highest weight 369

9/15/10 Beginning program weight 340

9/29/10 Beginning of Pre Op Diet 236

10/4/10 Surgery Date 234

Hi Bay,

Is there a typo in your stats above ? ^^^ Amazing if you lost 100lbs in 2weeks.. :eek:

I just wanted to share with you that I started about where you were in March of 09. I was 383 day of surgery. Lost maybe 2 or 3 lbs during the recovery stage. But once I got on solid food.. look out! I dropped really fast.

March 28, 09 I was 381. April 6 I was 359. Over 20lbs in 9 days.. It was so fast the nurses were reluctant to give me very much of a fill and were questioning me to make sure I was eating.. LOL.

I wasn't even doing much exercise at the time other than walking my dog.

I think it takes a while for our bodies to realize that it's ok, there will be food again and start letting some fat stores go.

Also it looks like you had to do a pre-op diet? My doctor did not require one. I've made a very unofficial, unscientific observation over the past couple of years that those who are put on a preop diet, don't drop weight as fast after the surgery. Those who aren't required to lose before surgery.. lose faster afterwards. I've had a nurse who works in bariatrics confirm that this has been her observations too.

Keep on keeping on.. follow the band guidelines as close as you can (perfection not required. ::grin::thumbup:, go to support group either in person or online and it SHOULD work for you.