Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So i have been craving doritos for several weeks. I have been killing myself to follow this new eating plan especially after surgery and the post op diet. I had to have someting crunchy before i went crazy. And yes im still on mushies, i have been exercising, drinking my Water, eating my protien, blah blah blah. So today i put five doritos in a bowl and very slowly ate them! It took me an hour but i totally enjoyed it! no regrets and i dont consider it a slip. So i ate the doritos. yup. i also threw the rest of the bag away in the large can in the garage so i wouldnt do it again but i have to say those were the best doritos ive ever eaten.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::laugh::wub::laugh::)

That's too funny! I have been having cravings as well...but mine has been for fish and broccoli...still on semi-liquids...What have you been eating on the mushy stage?

Suggestions please as I am heading to mushy next week!!:lol:

weight.png

So i have been craving doritos for several weeks. I have been killing myself to follow this new eating plan especially after surgery and the post op diet. I had to have someting crunchy before i went crazy. And yes im still on mushies, i have been exercising, drinking my Water, eating my protien, blah blah blah. So today i put five doritos in a bowl and very slowly ate them! It took me an hour but i totally enjoyed it! no regrets and i dont consider it a slip. So i ate the doritos. yup. i also threw the rest of the bag away in the large can in the garage so i wouldnt do it again but i have to say those were the best doritos ive ever eaten.:rolleyes:

I would say be careful on your post op diet. Its not to torture you, its so you can heal.

With regards to eating doritos, I personally feel that you can eat anything if its in moderation. If you're having a craving for doritos, then eat 5 doritos. But I would say you should just save it for after the post op diet - stick to the plan your surgeon laid out for you. I'm sure its totally fine, but you wouldn't want to risk even a slight chance of complications for some doritos.

:wub::laugh::):laugh::lol:

That's too funny! I have been having cravings as well...but mine has been for fish and broccoli...still on semi-liquids...What have you been eating on the mushy stage?

Suggestions please as I am heading to mushy next week!!:scared2:

weight.png

I was actually really nervous about what I was going to be able to eat, but it really hasn't been hard. Scrambled eggs, cream of wheat, oatmeal, roast beef hash, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes,refried Beans mixed with some salsa and sprinkled with cheese - I also like my refried Beans with roasted red and yellow peppers (they become super soft and mushie) I pureed some cannellini beans and added a little bit of pesto, put it in a baking dish, sprinkled with some grated parm - good stuff! :rolleyes:

I even made an italian chicken stew in my crock pot that had stewed tomatoes, herbs, spices, zucchini, green beans, bone in chicken thighs and breats - cooked it all day and shredded the chicken - then I portioned it out in small containers. And for my sweet tooth, I mix ricotta cheese with some sugar free vanilla Syrup and some vanilla extract, and it's like the inside of a canolli :thumbup: The possiblities are endless - you just have to think outside the box. Let me know if any of these things work for you - I'd LOVE to hear your feed back.

~Jacqui

for mushies...cream of wheat with sf Syrup, ricotta cheese with spag sauce and a meatball (I made them super soft) I also have been eating a lot of ground turkey-yesterday i made taco meat with ground turkey and put it over some black Beans with some cheese..super good. over cooked veggies with parm. scrambled egg with turkey sausage crumbles. I also made chicken Soup but with less liquid and a cream soup and added veggies and cut the chicken reallllly small, almost like the inside of a pot pie....that was good too.

I was actually really nervous about what I was going to be able to eat, but it really hasn't been hard. Scrambled eggs, cream of wheat, oatmeal, roast beef hash, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes,refried Beans mixed with some salsa and sprinkled with cheese - I also like my refried Beans with roasted red and yellow peppers (they become super soft and mushie) I pureed some cannellini beans and added a little bit of pesto, put it in a baking dish, sprinkled with some grated parm - good stuff! :frown:

I even made an italian chicken stew in my crock pot that had stewed tomatoes, herbs, spices, zucchini, green beans, bone in chicken thighs and breats - cooked it all day and shredded the chicken - then I portioned it out in small containers. And for my sweet tooth, I mix ricotta cheese with some sugar free vanilla Syrup and some vanilla extract, and it's like the inside of a canolli :blush: The possiblities are endless - you just have to think outside the box. Let me know if any of these things work for you - I'd LOVE to hear your feed back.

~Jacqui

All of that sounds delish and is actually many of the things I love already. I was doing lots of turkey meat prior to surgery. I like the sound of that canolli....thanks for sharing. I will definitely give you some feedback.

for mushies...cream of wheat with sf Syrup, ricotta cheese with spag sauce and a meatball (I made them super soft) I also have been eating a lot of ground turkey-yesterday i made taco meat with ground turkey and put it over some black Beans with some cheese..super good. over cooked veggies with parm. scrambled egg with turkey sausage crumbles. I also made chicken Soup but with less liquid and a cream soup and added veggies and cut the chicken reallllly small, almost like the inside of a pot pie....that was good too.

The overcooked veggies with parm sounds good. I love turkey meat already so glad to know it is something I can try. Thanks for sharing.

And, if you're like me, you won't be able to eat Doritos. As much as I love them...they don't love me. I ate 2 and got horrendously stuck!!!

:frown: