Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band V.S. C-section.

Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone has had a C-section and then the Lap Band. ..which surgery is worst when it comes to the pain and gas post-op?

I've had 3 C-sections in the past and I'm pretty sure the banding can't be worst. :-/

Oh honey! If you can handle 3 C Sections the Lap Band is like a teeth cleaning. It's 95% easier. The gas kinda threw me as I didn't have that issue with my C Section, but after having one child with Pitocin and a failed epidural, let me tell you, this is nothing! I got up and walked to my car 3 hours after the band was placed. I felt groggy a bit, but I was just fine.

Melissa

Lapband is WAY EASIER than a c-section.

I've had two and Lapband is a walk in the park comparatively.

It's been 21 years since my last section, but I remember the section as being a whole lot worse. With a band you don't have a brand new life to try to take care of while you're healing.. uh.. wait a minute.. maybe you do.. LOL

Anyways, banding I think was much easier.

I didn't have problems with either.

I have had 2 c/s and the lap band was by far the easiest. I was heading home within about 4 hours of my surgery.

That's what I thought. :-) Thanks for your responses guys.

The other thing that worries me is how I'll be able to take care of my 1 and 3 year old. ...my mom would be out of the country for 5 months and I want my surgery done before that. My husband can only take a week off work...hmm but everything will be fine I guess. :-)

My kids were 1 and 3 when I was banded last year. The first week was difficult, but I had a lot of help. Plus I wasnt able to pick up my little one, so that was the hardest part.

The band is a zillion times easier than a c-section!

Lab Band was a walk in the park compared to my C-Section. Soooooo much easier!!

I haven't been banded yet but I've had 2 c sections. I recovered easily from those. I am wondering if Lap Band is similar to gall bladder removal?? I had mine removed laproscopically after my first c section and other than just moving slowly afterward the pain was mainly from the gas. This is what I hear a lot of people say about Lap Band so I figure it is probably pretty similar.

i agree c-sections are a lot easier. with the lap band my gas pains were worse.

My two c-sections were much harder than the LapBand surgery.

The pain from the c-section incision was SO much more painful than any of the 5 little incisions from the LapBand surgery. I really didn't have any pain associated with the the incisions. The only pain in my stomach area was an uncomfortable feeling from where the port was placed.

What really got me though was the gas pain associated with the LapBand. I really wasn't ready for that. They don't inflate your abdomen to perform a c-section (at least not me). The trapped gas caused me all my pain after surgery. Don't worry....it does go away within a couple of days.

Good luck and don't worry. The surgery isn't that bad!

Please don't let my wife see this thread. She had 2 c-sections and came through like a champ with no complaints. Hopefully my Lapband will be in place within a month after my recent approval that took 9 months of appeals. I'm sure I will complain about pain a ton more than she ever would after 2 children.

We will be married for 11 years tomorrow. I hope that by our 12th anniversary I can be much closer to my size when she married me. It would be nice to have a 2nd honeymoon and not be ashamed to take off my shirt at the beach. :eek:

Ok. .so my mind is set. This will be easier than I thought! :eek:

Cunner I hope you spoiled your wife during recovery from the c/s because I'm pretty sure you would want her to spoil you this time around. Good luck; )