Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not bad BUT not good either

Okay... I think I just need to vent or to get support or just encouragment from some one/some where.

I was banded September 7. Since the pre-op, I am down 16 pounds.... Yeah its not bad since I have been eating normal food and not on a strict restriction yet. Just had my first fill 2 weeks ago, Im at 2cc now. Problem is.... as above... I am eating normal and not super restricted. I don't even think that THAT is the problem cause I DO notice a change in how often and how much I eat...

The real problem is... this whole halloween thing... ya know, ya buy candy 3 weeks before cause its on sale and ya eat half of it before the day comes... YEAH THATS the problem... well, the day has come and gone... now what...

I am and have always been a Junkfood Junkie... I have an addiction which I have been trying to control.... Okay so I recognize where I failed myself but now... how do I focus again...

I don't think I have gained any weight (yet) due to my downfall but then again, since last week, I refuse to get on the scale until another 2 weeks (after my next period-TMI sorry).... I beat myself up for my issues but I recognize the problem and okay sooo I screwed up.. fine... but I need to focus again... ITS SOOO HARD...

SOOOOO please someone, give me words of inspirations... words of guidence... How do I motivated myself to get up at 5:45 to go to the gym before work without being cranky, resentful and miserable? Something? Anyone?

Funny thing is that I have PLENTY to motivate me but those things aren't motivating me. :thumbup:

Geeessssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Please let tomorrow bring me the inspiration, motivation and dedication!!!!!

THANKS for listening... ummm reading.... lol (if anyone bothered! :lol:

Danide,

I am here for ya girl! In the same boat too. I am 3 months post op, have had 2 fills so far, and have some restriction but not at sweet spot yet. Down 25 pounds so far. And I have eaten more than my fair share of fun size Kit Kats during Halloween! There I said it. And I do not make the best food choices. There I said it again. And I KNOW I do not work out as regularly or as strenuously as I need to be. There said that too! So I know that I could be much farther along in my success story if I would just STICK WITH THE PROGRAM! But, I am not the most perfect person in the world. I know that I will get my butt in gear here soon and I know that I WILL lose the total of 100 pounds by next June that is my goal. I know that I WILL be a success story. I will make certain that it is going to happen. It is so easy to beat ourselves up over the little things. But just know that every day is a new day and we can only take it one day at a time and One Day We will Get to the Promised Land! :thumbup:

Get rid of the candy, if you know someone who can bring it to work, then give it ALL to them and thank them...if you are working bring it in to work and leave it off of your work area. Myself, I told family buy the candy and do not tell me when you do it, keep it out of my face and out of my reach! Bless their little hearts they did just that, in fact the hubby waited until halloween and then bought the candy at a substantial discount...brought what was left over to work today.

As for the exercise, I hate exercise! Ok hate is now probably too strong of a word. However, there was a time in my life that I did indeed hate it. getting up to exercise gives me the good feel to start my day and I really don't mind it now, I have been known to even schedule some evening exercise.:thumbup:

I would get rid of the candy i made sure when i gave it out it was all gone by the end of the night. as for the kids candy it's like stealing from them so i dont. and i'm trying to get them to eat it quickly or take it to school and give away.

think of the hassel it is to get lapband. it's a serious surgery that cost a lot of money. you have to go through the first couple of weeks drinking nothing but stuff like Protein Shakes and broth. and if you think about it, we all have problems with following any diet so this took a lot of self control which you were able to do. so this is just a mild mishap and do better today and tomorrow and days after. i think of kit kats getting stuck in the port that would stop me along with all the other candy i like during this time.

Dont let the time and effort put into the lapband go to waste! it's to much work for that

concentrate and pray....i always pray and believe it or not it really helps....plus i am grateful everyday for what i have, just change your attitude and you will see that everything will get better. trust me and best of luck:thumbup:

I was just banded on the 27th and am still on liquids so I can't eat any of the candy. I am not a real sweet eater but I sure could go for some right now but it will wait, that is if my husband doesn't finish it all off. I think that I will take a couple of pieces and stick it in the fridge and that way I will know that it is there for when I can have it and that way it doesn't feel like I am so deprived.

As for all of you that did eat some candy... I wouldn't feel too guilty about it unless you ate the entire bag. I know that it is really hard to go through this liquid phase and anyone that has been through this deserves a couples bites of candy or whatever else it is that makes them feel less deprived. I would say you have to give yourselves credit just for being able to get where you are and being able to go through the surgery and the phases to get back to normal food. If you are eating good and doing what you are supposed to be doing then I am sure it is a lot better than you were doing before the surgery and there is no reason to feel such guilt for having a little bit of candy. It is not like they stitch our mouth shut and we are still going to want the things that we are used to and this is supposed to be a tool to help us. The word there is tool!! Even with it, you can not expect to never want or eat something that is not good for you or on our list of foods that we are supposed to eat. If we did everything the way that most think we should then we would not have needed the surgery in the first place. We needed help to lose the weight and if you need a cookie or some candy once in a while as a treat then it should not be something that you punish yourself for. I just give you credit for admitting it because most people hide it or deny eating any of the wrong things. I give anyone credit that can admit that they had a moment of weakness and had something that they didn't think they should have. There is always tomorrow and if you can get back to the way you were and progress then I give you credit because this is not a miracle band it is a lap band.

Use fear as your motivating factor I am afraid of food getting stuck. I am afraid of being fat. I am afraid of dying from being to fat. I am afraid of failing. I had surgery on 9-1-10 and 1 fill since then. I have hardly no restriction but fears keep me from eating the wrong thing. Quite honestly I refuse to buy anything that might tempt me. I started dieting when I started going to the nutrionist for 6 months prior to surgery (mandatory). My weight was 330. I am at 247 today. I go for my 2nd fill next week. I just use sheer will power and fear to make it the next day. Plus I have learned to do an hour of cardio 5x a week. After I evercise I have a yummy chocolate Protein Shake. The shakes totally take away an sugar craving I might have. Good luck!! It's a hard journey but you have all the tools you need to make it!

How do I motivated myself to get up at 5:45 to go to the gym before work without being cranky, resentful and miserable? Something? Anyone?
Are you seeing any results from the exercise yet? If not, maybe start by taking your measurements now, and again in a month (or sooner).

Lay out your exercise clothes the night before so you don't have the excuse of not knowing where things are. Give yourself a small reward when you've been to the gym every day for a week (a mani or pedi?, a book you've been wanting?, even a SMALL low calorie food item would be ok.. but I'd really try to find a non-food reward. I have a serious yarn addiction.. I love to crochet. So I could reward myself with some yarn I wouldn't normally buy. You know what pushes your buttons and what you won't normally allow yourself to have). Perhaps if you know you have a reward waiting for you if you make your goal.. it would make it easier.

But sometimes it's just about putting on your big girl panties and getting it done. I saw a T-shirt the other day.. said on the back "Get over it Princess.. this is BOOT CAMP". We've just got to get over it and get on with it. :) I understand the early morning thing.. a year ago I was getting up at 3am (!!) so I could eat at 4am to go to boot camp at 5:30am. Crazy I know.. but it did so much good for me.

Now, let's talk about Halloween. It's over. Won't be back till next year. What can you learn about what happened this year? That your resistance muscle isn't very strong yet. That's ok..you've only been exercising it a little while. It will get stronger. For now, get the leftovers out of the house. Send it to work if you can or dump it in the trash and put something nasty & disgusting on top of it.

Next year, don't buy stuff that you like. Or if you feel like you have to have "the good stuff" look for things that are less damaging. I found that the hershey's dark chocolate kisses are only 20 calories each. I can find room for 20 or 40 calories in my plan. Reeses miniature cups are much more.. so I won't buy them again. And a small amount of dark chocolate is good for us.

Practice delaying tactics. Tell yourself, I didn't plan for that piece of candy in my eating plan today. I can plan for it tomorrow. When tomorrow comes, put it off one more day.

Make a list of why you want to lose weight. Here's a list of 100 reasons to lose 100lbs. Maybe some of them will resonate with you.

100 Reasons to Lose 100 Pounds

Print out the ones speak to you and post it where you'll see it several times a day. Put a copy in your purse.

One day at a time, one step at a time. You can do this!

One of the tricks I used when I was on a diet a number of years ago was to buy my favorite treat - in those days it was a Milky Way Dark candy bar - and use it as a reward that was always just out of reach. It sat on the shelf in plain sight. By itself. There was only one in the house.

I knew I could eat it at any time I wanted to, but since I told myself there was only going to be one, I wanted to save it for a very special occasion. I really wanted to earn it, because I knew it was going to screw up my diet. It had to be worth it.

I used all sorts of things to trick myself into not eating it. For example, I'd tell myself if I had an especially good workout, I could eat it. So I'd bust my tail working out. But then I forced myself to wait till after I'd showered and gotten cleaned up, and by then the urge was gone. So I'd save it for another day. And another. And another. I'd challenge myself to save that reward over and over. After a couple of months it was so stale, I didn't want it anymore, so I threw it in the trash.

I know it isn't appropriate to a LAP-BAND® diet, but it IS a fantastic experiment in self control, setting honest goals, and valuing honest rewards. I chose not to take the easy way out. And on that particular diet I lost about 40 pounds. And I never did eat the stupid candy bar. :)

Be strong. You deserve better than you're giving yourself.

Dave

Edited by Dave_NW

How do I motivated myself to get up at 5:45 to go to the gym before work without being cranky, resentful and miserable?

There is no way in hell I could get up at 5:45 for anything without being cranky, resentful and miserable. I'd barely be coherent. Could you go for a walk in your neighborhood instead of going to the gym and save yourself enough time for a little more sleep?

And so you ate too much candy. Oh, well. As long as you don't do it every day it's not going to kill you. Beating yourself up vigorously is likely to cause substantially more psychic and physical damage in the long run. Halloween is over. Toss the candy (it is stale anyway) and go on with your life.

Thanks for the thoughts, ideas and comments everyone!

Im doing a little better, yesterday I did walk about my neighborhood a little rather then hitting the gym, I jogged a little too to boost the calorie burn... I am gonna go to the gym today though, leaving at 7 since I don't work till later today.

The reason I'd rather go to the gym is because I will exercise longer if Im there rather then around my house. And I will do things that will burn more calories.

Gotta kick my own butt I guess! I think Im going to put up a big sign across from my bed that says Get Up and Just Do It!

Thanks again! :rolleyes:

Oh and thanks for the 100 reasons. I have my own list so now I can add to it and put it on my wall too.... LMAO until I lose another 15 lbs, Im gonna have a lot of crap on my wall! LOL

Edited by danide