Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you see a difference?

I finally started exercising 2 weeks ago. I've gone to the gym for 60 minutes 3 times / week. So far, I've been walking on the treadmill (3.5 - 4.0 mph) for 20 minutes and doing the elliptical for 20 minutes (4.0 mph). Then I have added some ab and arm exercises.

I feel great after each workout and really wish I would have started this sooner. How long will it be before I start seeing a difference?

I just started working out also, trying to go 4 times a week and do 1/2 hr. cardio (I can't make it on the eliptical more than 10 minutes:tongue_smilie:) usually do the tread mill for 30 minutes and I do all the weight machines, alternating muscle groups every day. It seems like a chore to go but I'm starting to enjoy it. I will admit, I sure feel good when I'm done! Good luck to you!

It all depends, but know that it will happen. Also, switch up your routine sometimes and introduce core training into your reigmen.

I went from a 26 to a 18 overnight.

It all depends, but know that it will happen. Also, switch up your routine sometimes and introduce core training into your reigmen.

I went from a 26 to a 18 overnight.

WOW! That's fantastic! Thanks for the input!:sneaky:

It took me two weeks to see a real difference and drop a pants size. I go to the gym 5 days a week for a min of 1 hour each time. I do 30 min on the eliptical and 30 on the bike. I try to switch it up sometimes but thats my usual routine. I started this on Sept. 7 and by Oct. 7th I was down 10lbs without changing my eating habits much. I wish I would have started a long time ago!!!!! I believe its time to change things up because I haven't lost much since Oct. 7th! I wish I could use the treadmill more but I have a foot problem!

Where I had my surgery done they "stress" that you join a group called "NEW START" post surgery. It is a 6 week nutrition and fittness class that meet once every 2 weeks. They really stressed "strength training" in addition to the cardio. They said that weight training not only builds your strength and tones you but it does a lot to change your metabolism and kick it into gear. They really stress that it is AS important as the cardio. I never knew that before, but I have never been much of an exercise buff!

Have any of you worked otu with Kettle bells? They have them at the gym, but I've never used them and don't have a personal trainer. I've looked on-line at different exercises to do with them and it looks like you get a really good workout. I'm thinking about adding them into the mix.

I ve read that doing something at least 28 times it might just become a habit..........I ve found it true really zero exersize to 2x week 30 mins in the pool+1 mile. I ve played that message to myself every day and it helped me develope a healthier me...............Self talk is a tool ,use it !

I want to remind you to look at other things besides weight and clothing size. Pay attention to how much easier every day tasks become. The increase in general ability to live life is as much a reward as the weight loss.

Also pay close attention to the level of effort a particular exercise takes. When you start to feel that 30 minutes on the bike become easier, then you need to increase the intensity / level or change the activity completely. The body will become comfortable with the exercise and your results will drop off. If it doesn't hurt, its not working.

I know I have had a good productive workout when I have to hold the hand rail to make it down the stairs.

OK - I have been going to they gym 3x/wk and working out at least 45 minutes of cardio and adding in some strength training with it and have not lost 1 pound! I don't get it. I am keeping my calories anywhere between 900 - 1200 / day. Any ideas?

I am with you here. I exercise five to six times a week for 40 minutes. I count every calorie i eat but i eat up to 1500 calories a day. I can say that I have lost lots of inches though. My clothes fit a lot looser than before and I am thrilled about that. So any advice anyone can give I would be more than happy to listen.:)

I've been doing cardio and strength training too and in the past 3 weeks have lost "zilch"! Gonna keep plugging away!!!! It's hard not to get discouraged, but I'm sure the weight will start moving again. I seem to eat more since I've been working out, going to try to cut back on this but I'm starving when I get home from the gym! (Don't always make the best choices)

Okay, I was doing my usual routine and I decided to step it up a notch in the gym! After doing the same thing and not sweating to much I figured that's why things are slowing up. Monday I went in the gym on a mission! I pushed harder and harder until sweat was dripping off my nose! LOL! I did the same thing Tues, and Wed and guess what I am 3lbs smaller this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooo hoooooo!!!!!!! So, I can't promise the same results with those are stalling but if you are not pushing it up a notch then try it!:)

I'm gonna keep on pushing myself. I know it's just a matter of time before the scale moves. I feel like when I'm in the gym, I'm giving 100%. I know I sweat more than I ever have - I guess that's good :frown:

I do feel like I can tell a difference in my clothes. Also over the last couple of days, I've gotten comments on how much weight I'm losing.

I started working out : 40 mins EA Active (Wii), 30 mins on my pilates and weights (to help tone up arms. I have not had my surgery yet but I was put on a strict diet and had 10% of my weight to lose so I figure I might as well get in a good habit before hand. I also have PCOS, which I have been told I will always have to excercise because it (PCOS) makes it harder for a person to lose weight. My surgery should be in the next 10 days so no time to waste :frown: