Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What percentage of people need Plastic surgery after losing weight?

Diid you require plastic surgery after weight loss  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Diid you require plastic surgery after weight loss

• Yes, I lost more than 100lbs
    • No, even though i lost over 100lbs
    • Yes, I lost less than 100lbs
    • No, but i want PS for other reasons

I have about 70lbs to lose and was wondering if I will need PS after. I really dont want to lose all the weight only to find out that i need PS because I look heinous.

Thank you

I have lost over 100 lbs. PS is not "required". I do have much extra skin on my arms, but may just live with it because the scars from that PS tend to look just as bad as the saggy skin.

I lost over 100lbs (130lbs or so) I have had a breast reduction and arm lift and also a full TT this year - And the scars are wayyy better than the skin a hanging, I feel so much better - More womanly - and I have a ton more confidence without all the excess skin :-)

I lost just over 100lbs. I don't especially like the wording of your question. "Need" can be interpreted in a lot of ways. Some people lose massive amounts of weight and quite happily live with the excess skin, and then there are others who have tummy tucks after delivering a baby because they can't live with the little 'pooch' they end up with. Whether you will 'need' a Tummy Tuck will depend on what you can live with after your weight loss.

Personally, after my weight loss I decided that I wanted a tumy tuck. Even tho I didn't 'need' it, I wanted it. I took a second job, saved for 3 years (while living quite comfortably with a hanging tummy) and had a tummy tuck done 4 months ago. I'm quite pleased with the results, certainly feel more comfortable naked, however in my clothes ~very~ rew people have commented that I look any different.

Your original post states that you don't want to "lose all the weight only to find out that i need PS because I look heinous." How about losing the weight to become healthier and happier? Then you can start to worry about if you need to fix any thing....

Canadagirl, this is actually a VERY good point. I apologize to all I may have offended. I was not in a right state of mind when i posted this poll. I was just so scared. And frankly i dont think i am scared of having lose skin, I think i am more scared to lose my friend (food).