Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my first fill appointment yesterday and the bariatric nurse was asking about my Fluid intake. I told her a drink about 3-4 20oz bottles of Vitamin zero Water per day.

She had a fit! She told me I needed to drink plain Water and if I didn't like plain water to add a packet of crystal light to it. I told her that doesn't make sense? Why is water with crystal light (with artifical sweetners and colors, etc.) be better than VW0 that has all natural sweetners, no art colors and lots of Vitamins?

She stood her ground and I digressed but did leave the office thinking she is an airhead!

What have you heard about this subject?

She obviously isn't understanding the ZERO part of Vitamoin Water Zero. I am not a fan of any artificial sweeteners. I don't feel that they are safe long term and try not to put any nasty chemical flavors, preservatives or additives in my body. Don't be bothered by her ignorance. A zero calorie drink is a zero calorie drink. How can there be something wrong with what you like to drink?

Well DING-DONG! Can't win for losing :w00t: :)

I have got to stop believing things on labels I guess and start drinking Water. However, not from the tap. I actually purchased a $300+ Water purifier unit months ago. I guess I better start using it!

I buy Vitamin Water Zero if I am out and want a drink. You can buy it at the grocery or Walmart for a dollar. I would rather have something with flavor than plain Water for the same money (oddly I like it room temp rather than ice cold). I would agree that you are really not getting much Vitamins in the product. I suppose the down side could be that your liver and kidneys are having to process the coloring they add; which has to be harder on your organs than plain water.

I once had a boss (who was the ultimate #$@$#% ) who lashed out at me for adding to much sugar free ice tea mix to my glass. One of my coworkers who I think was dumbfounded said "it's sugar free what's the problem?" She would not back down! "You should not add so much flavoring. That's bad!"

To quote Welcome Back Kotter "Up your nose with a rubber hose."

i didn't realise that there was a zero version.Over here we just get Vitamin Water and it makes me cringe - the name is obviously trying to con people into believing it is healthy.

I had my fill Monday and took my Vitamin Water zero in with me to drink and the nutritionist said that the water ZERO is fine. The Vitamins are synthetic as the article claims, but they are also in gummy vitamins or chewables. Anyway, the regular vitamin water is a HUGE no no, but the ZERO version is fine. Of course all natural H20 is the best ;-)

I drink it all the time. I love the lemon flavored one. IMO it's better for you than Crystal Light as long as your buying the ZERO version.

I drink it all the time. I love the lemon flavored one. IMO it's better for you than Crystal Light as long as your buying the ZERO version.

What exactly makes it better than crystal light??

I love zero Vitamin Water. My PA had no problems with it. I realize the 'vitamin' part is a selling point and not factual. BTW they are on sale 10 for $10 at Target. I just came from there.

just have to put my 2 cents in....but I must be the only person to think this... I think it tastes like straight up cough syurp! haha before I had ever tasted and during pre-op (was on the list of things ok'd during luquid phase) I found it 10 for $8 at kroger....was pumped. bought ten....and the nine unopened bottles sit on the porch....

I like Water with fresh lemon squeezed in it....quenches my thirst every time! :)

just have to put my 2 cents in....but I must be the only person to think this... I think it tastes like straight up cough syurp!

I wouldn't compare it to cough Syrup, but I don't care for it much either. I'd really rather have Water.

What I DO like is Powerade ZERO. I do try to limit myself to one a day until I get my 64oz of Water in...not that there's anything wrong with drinking it.. I'm just trying to get more good ole H2O down. :)

The one thing that I noticed with the Vitamin Water vs. Crystal Light, is the fact that Vitamin Water has 4 g carbs per serving, and Crystal Light has none. So with 2.5 servings in a bottle of Vitamin Water, you have 10 g of carbs per bottle. It may have 0 calories, but I don't want the extra carbs..

The one thing that I noticed with the Vitamin Water vs. Crystal Light, is the fact that Vitamin Water has 4 g carbs per serving, and Crystal Light has none. So with 2.5 servings in a bottle of Vitamin Water, you have 10 g of carbs per bottle. It may have 0 calories, but I don't want the extra carbs..

Good point. I had to go check my Powerade.. 0 carbs. yeah!

Yuck to Vitamin Water! :) But whatever gets you through, don't make yourself crazy about the little things.