Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

spanx question for the ladies

I was just wondering if anyone was able to wear their Spanx after surgery. My spanx have become such a part of me, I wear them everyday. I was just wondering if anyone had problems with them after the surgery?

what is it?

Spanx look like stockings that have tummy control

Ah, don't wear stockings so no wonder I didn't know :smile2:

That is too funny PuppyBandit I was wondering what she was talking about too, Leggings but after surgery you should wear something loose fitting my doctors said, So you won't make the incisions sore. Don't worry about your stomach right now before long it will be gone. Good luck

I don't think I could have wrestled into Spanx immediately postop, and abdominal tenderness would have made them very uncomfortable. But once you get past the immediate postop hurdle, there's no problem with them.

How comfy are they anyway? I've been thinking about buying some but there aren't any stores here that sell them. Do they feel like they are suffocating you or what??

they are very comfortable and breathable. I wear mine everyday. So this will be an intersting new chapter in my life.

I first heard about them on oprah a couple of years ago

Once you get them on, they are comfortable, but getting them on in the first place is a workout. I would not have been able to get them on right after surgery, but now I don't think I would have a problem. I'm just waiting for the weather to cool off, too hot here still.

Spanx aren't a good idea right after bc u still have that gas in you and are swollen on top of it. I wear spanx religously also, I was able to get back to wearing them after 4 weeks. U'll feel when the time is right. U won't feel as bloated from the gas and stuff and your port area will be pretty much healed. I agree getting them on is a lil work out and they're tight as ur getting them up..I wear the high tummy ones that go up to below ur chest and I cringe at the thought of if I had to bring them up over my port area b4 it was healed lol. So yea, wait about a month..ur body will let u kno when its good to go throw those suckers on :)

And as for the potty question..there's a slit for ya. But its one of those overlapping things so its closed when ur upright lol. So I guess ur supposed to not wear undies with them..personally I can't get used to goin comando so I just do the workout of gettin them up and down all day lol. Hey..any and all exercise helps right lol

@jennaj221

Your right about the slight part it's very convient I wear the high power but I never have a hard time getting mine up.