Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on the 6th...I have no energy!

Hi everyone, I was banded on the 6th of october, and everything went great....I am soo tired though...not on pain meds, but i have no energy whatsoever. Has anyone else experienced this? Even when i get out of the house, I feel like no doing anything...is this normal? Otherwise all is well, I can't wait to go to the dr on Mondday and see how much weight I have lost!

I got banded on the 7th, I'm feeling the same way. We just had surgery and were pumped full of all kinds of fluids, so it's natural that we're going to be tired. It'll pass in a few days.

I was pretty weak too for the first 10 days. Keep in mind your calorie intake is very low, and probably much lower than your body is used too. Your body is also recovering from the trauma of surgery and healing.

Thanks, I am glad to hear that I am not alone!

I was banded on Sept 28th and I was tired for about a week. I am back to normal now and it feels so much better.

I was banded on 9/28. I felt that way and finally, after a week and a half, called my dietition. He said I needed to incorporate more natural sugars into my liquid diet - ie watered-down unsweetened applesauce, putting a little banana in my Protein Shake and then straining. It helped immensely. I finally had energy again.

i had surgery on 9/22 and still feel very weak. it is getting better day by day. i also think i am not eating enough.

OMG! Yes!!! Between being exhausted and an emotional wreck, I am questioning whether doing this was a good idea.

I suspect I am not getting enough food for my body to operate--but I just DO NOT even feel like eating.

I was banded on 10/07....... don't see Dr til the 18th..... when will I feel better?

Congrats, I was banded on the 8th... and I know what you are saying, I do not have any energy. The pain of the gas totally freaked me out, plus, I traveled by plane, train, bus and cab to get to the hospital, then I was discharged to a lodge one day post op, then took the long road back home.. now.. I just want to vegetate.

I am sure that in a week's time we will be over it all. I do still have pain on my left side with a huge hard knob. I have a dr's appt next week and after that!!! lets put the negative thoughts behind us and get a moving!!!

But.. for now... take it easy, rest and recover!!

Take care

I was banded on 10/2 and would feel OK in the morning but really tired by the afternoon.

It took me about 9 days to overcome the fatigue. It gets better every day.

I was banded 10/11 and I feel very run down. I am not hungry and not able to get the Protein Shakes down, just makes me feel ill. I have a hard time w/ anesthesia so am finally fighting that feeling off. I too have a pain on my left side other than that no pain at all. Just can't wait to get to eat solids and get all the nutrition in that I need, I am also having severe headaches, anyone else?

I was banded on 10/7 and i was only tired for that weekend...now I don't want to go to sleep....What's up with that??? I'm still on liquids but I am trying to take in 50-70 grams of protien a day (liquid form)

I was banded on 10/4 and yesterday I felt great and today I feel awful!! I woke up feeling tight and having the gas like pains in my chest and a terrible headache. I am so tired today too!! I am trying to just be a big girl and suck it up, but If I feel like this tomorrow I am calling the Doctor!!

I was also banded the 4th and have had no energy! Im sure its just our bodies recovering from the surgery. I am going for my post op visit tomorrow. Im looking forward to hearing what the Dr has to say.

Same for me I was banded on Oct 8th, I feel washed out. I am having incision pain and alot of indigestion. I know that this will pass, I just wish it would pass now! lol...I see my surgeon tomorrow to have the stitches removed and to have a general check up. I hope everyone wakes up filled with an infusion of energy....

Jill:party: