Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lets Hear from Aussies !!!!!!!!!

Guest Nedim

Guest Nedim

I got banded on the 12th of December in Sydney Private Hospital by Dr. Ritchie ... So far so good. Apart from some pains in my wounds that is healing rapidly no complaints. Stayed in Hospital overnight and got discharged next morning. I am at home for the week but working on my computer everyday with out any problems. I would like to hear from other Aussies in this forum and see if we can organise to help each other. I know 4-5 people in Sydney who already had the band but I am sure there are lots more. Dr. Ritchie has done 850 operations so far.

So c'mon guys lets get to know each other...

Nedim Aydogdu

Northern Beaches

Sydney

Oy Oy Oy!

G'day Nedim, I'm Jacqui, banded 9 December at The Avenue Private in Windsor, Melbourne by Gary Crosthwaite. Like you I stayed overnight, went home in the morning, I feel great and have very little pain. The band is definitely working, I'm love love loving this feeling of fullness for hours and hours after I've had my liquid lunch - not the same type of liquid lunch as the old days though. I'm sure I"ll get hungry again in a few weeks.

Guest Nedim

Hi Jacqui

We seem to be similar sizes I was 99 kg and want to go down to around 70. So far everything is good. I have just got the Protein powder that was recommended so I started using that in the food. I wil see the doctor at the end of january and he will check to see if he needs to tighten the band he said. I have friends ( 2 sisters ) who had the band and have been very successfull loosing over 50 kg each.

Still at the end of the day it boils down to some discipline and this gadget will hopefully help. My major problem was I was just eating too much food. Not necessarily bad food as I do not eat sweets or drink too much or each many fried food. This will basically stop me from eating too much. I actually walk with my dog every morning so that is going to help as well.

Thnaks for your reply and lets keep in touch and if we can get enough ausies together maybe we can start a forum. All the best for the christmas and a very successfull new year...

Nedim

Hi Nedim

im fee and im from melb

i got banded on the 15th nov and have lost 13kgs so far

im really happy with my band so far

hope your doing fine

Guest Nedim

Hi Fee

Very nice to hear from you. How did you manage to loose that much in month !!!! its amazing. I will be seeing my doctor end of January. I am sure that he will give me a fill

as well. Have a happy christmas and a new year.

nedim

i think alot of my weight loss is Fluid

i had my first fill at my 2 week post op checkup thats prob why i have lost so fast

my weight loss has now slowed down

merry christmas and a happy new year to you as well

Hi Guys, I'm in Regional WA. I was banded on the 1st of August but due to complications have yet to have a fill so I haven't lost anything yet and still weigh the 120kgs I did before I started :) But I have just been to Perth and had a scan to show that my complications have now been resolved, so I am hoping to get my first fill in Jan and finally start losing. My goal in to get under 70kgs - I have never weighed that little as an adult so I am really looking forward to seeing what I look like under all this.

hi loopylou

not good to hear about u having problems

hope there all fixed up now

hope ur first fill goes well

Guest Nedim

Hi Loopylou

Very nice to hear from you. I m hoping that now your complications have been sorted out you will on your way to loose those kgs asap. All the best for the christmas and new year. cheers

nedim

Hi Guys,

I have not yet had the operation ( Am on waiting list) But I just wanted to say hello anyway..

Fee I see you had Dr Nottle.. He is also my Dr I hear he is one of the best..

Merry Christmas Guys.. Have a safe and happy New Year

hi, I'm not banded yet but have my first appt with my surgeon, Dr Dolan, on January 17th in Perth. Congrats to you all on such great results! Can't wait to join you all.

Where are you from loopylou???

I am a member of 3 aussie sites but thought I would look a little further a field for more information, incentive and inspiration! Look forward to talking to you all on here

regards Lynn

hello lynn,i was banded in melbourne july 19 like you i am on 3 site's i also love being on this site, i love your state my son live's in embleton so have been over there a few time's,i'm sure you'll have no regret's about your decision to be lapbanded i am one of the slower one's it has taken me all that time to lose 10 kilo's but it's the best i have done for many years, jenny

Hi Guys,

I have not yet had the operation ( Am on waiting list) But I just wanted to say hello anyway..

Fee I see you had Dr Nottle.. He is also my Dr I hear he is one of the best..

Merry Christmas Guys.. Have a safe and happy New Year

hi there

yeah i had mr nottle and he was great

will you be getting done at the williamstown hospital?

have a good new year everyone:)

Hi fee

Dr nottle has put me on a waiting list for both Werribee and Williamstown hospital so which ever one comes up first..Did you have to go for a physical before you had the operation? I have to book my appointment to see one.. Not exactly sure what they are going to do, A heads up would be great :) Is it just to take my blood pressure ect?? Ive never had to have a physical before

I had to do the following - blood work (which makes sense, cholesterol, Iron levels etc), blood pressure, height, weight, verbal medical history.

No psychological assessment, the website for my surgical team pretty much dismisses psychological assessment as useless since many obese people are depressed, in the long run they dont believe it offers any indication of success or lack of success with a lap band and why discriminate since many people have suffered mental ill health at some point.

I did have to see a respiratory doctor. I cant figure that one out. Why? I've had several small ops under general anaesthetic and never had to have this done before. Why is it important in terms of the lap band? It was bulk billed so no skin off my nose but a big waste of public health money if you ask me.

That was it. It was all done on one day at the clinic and then I was in the hospital being operated on a fortnight later.

So I guess every doctor's different.