Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All, we're just weeks from the end of the year holidays. We're about to face our biggest challenge. We'll need to step up our game plan. Mine is to start getting to the gym. I'm getting close, almost made it tonight.

Lately I've been able to eat without having a acid reflux episode. I'm still basically down to one good meal a day. But I can eat sometimes in one setting or two. Not three or four like before. At times I can even eat dinner like tonight.

Ms Husker, when I used to feel like that, that last bite was more than enough. And that's not a good feeling as we all to well know. I learned not to take that last bite. No matter how small it is, just to keep from throwing it away or saving it till later. How I get over that is wait about 1/2 or more then go back and eat it, if I still have that "urge". And that's just what it is an "urge". An "urge" not to let that last bite get the best of me.

Janine, gall bladder problems was not one I would thing of as an effect of acid reflux. I was thinking along the line of espoghas issues. I still think that getting some Fluid removed might get rid of the reflux. But, I won't at this time. Since I"m so close to weight goal. And just get back into excerising. I"ll just keep taking the pills. It may not make since but we all know our goal is to get to our weight lose goal.

So, thank you for taking us along "Your Journey" for we are all learning lessons and issue that come along with the band. But as we've all said in the past "We Love Our Band".

Welcome back all March Bandsters. We may not get here regularly but we do come back. Please just write your success good or not. It helps you and us keep in line and on track.

Thanks Gwen for starting the October blog. I'm still hanging in there. Doctor was really please with the weight loss I've had in the last 4 months. Of course, it has only taken 3 years to get to this point. Yes exercise is very important. One of my walking friends to me that her doctor said what we are doing won't help us lose weight. He doesn't think we are getting our heart rate up enough. I figure calories in and calories out. It was really discourging to hear that from a doctor. Of course I have seen her at the Y in a week now. Sometime we hear what we want and not what we need.

Hang in there we will be here together.

Carol

Hi All, just checking in. Well, now that I have my acid reflux in check somewhat my appetiate has improved. I'm eating a little more and junk food craving is on the rise. Now I really have to step it up and get back on track too.

At least I'm getting closer to excerising again. I now carry my gym clothing just need to get to the gym. Had a few distractions but I'm going to do my errands during lunch and get to the gym in the evenings. Cut out Bally's for I wasn't getting there and money gone to waste. The city gym $55 a year is good enough for me. Every evening there is an excerise class going. So I can do the weights or class.

So, what are you going to get back on track to? One small step or goal at a time. That's something we must remember.

Sounds like you two are doing good. Right now I have a couple health issue I am dealing with. Not being able to sleep and I failed a breathing test at my last apt. I have no energy so I am not doing any exercise. Am doing a breathing treatment 3-4 times a day and hope that will open up my lungs so I can breath better and when I can breath better I am hoping to be able to sleep better at night. I don't like and will not take sleeping pills because they kick my butt the next day so I am going to start melintonin (sp). We will see. I will get there, just really, really slowly. And you know what, thats ok.

Blessings all

Barb,

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Right now is not the time to worry about weight.

I understand the sleeping pill thing. I hate that drugged over feeling the next day. Hope the other stuff helps. I know alot of people that work nights take it to help them sleep.

Keep us posted.

Carol

Hi All, just checking. My acid reflux in not as bad as before. I know for I'm beginning to eat more. And we all know that includes bad food choices and junk food. Not including the fact that my daughter just stargted working in a bakery so, we're tasting the wares.

But, that's not going t deter me, for I want to reach my goal weight be year end. Also, one of my friends is looking for a workout buddy. I've been wanting this for a while and I know she'll stick to it. So, hope to start this week.

Ms. Husker, be extremely careful with any sleeping aid. My co-worker took some and she experienced sleep walking epsidoes. She had the gastric bypass and she can't do sugar well. Well, one morning she woke up her kitchen was in a mess and some candy she had on the computer desk was all eaten and shrewed on the floor and desk. She had no memory of getting up during the nights and doing these things. So, when and if you take any ask someone to be watchful of you. Not to say this will happen to you but something you should know.

Hey Carole hope all is well with you. And you are seeing results on what you're doing.

Take care all...

I am seeing results, I'm down 41 lbs since the end of May. I want to lose faster but thats still not bad. I hope to lose another 10 or 15 by the end of the year. I would like to be close to my goal by my next birthday in May.

Glad to hear that you have found someone to work out with, it helps make the time go faster. I have lost a couple of my walker and I do miss them. Its hard to keep the pace when it comes to exercising. I'm commited to doing this, so I have to do going alone most of the time. I understand the junk food route its really east to do. Why in the world do you suppose junk food goes down so easy.

Have a good week and keep up the hard work.

Carol

Hey All, Carol, you and I want to lose the same amount of weight by year end. So let's buddy up on the adventure. And congrats on the amount you loss since May. Sometimes we go thru weight loss spurts. And that was a lot. I haven't had one like that for months. So with buddying up with you and my new excercise buddy, I should be at my goal. I'm so excited.

I'm going back to eating vegetables for dinner. Just have one solid meal which will be lunch and vegetable prepared some kind of way for dinner. Some type of liquid form. Since it's easier for the system to digest at that time of night. Since I will be coming home late from excerising about 9pm. So, I don't want to be eating a heavy meal then go to bed.

So, what say you Carole? Up to the challenge???

Sounds good. I need some kind of challenge to keep me going,esp. this time of year. I love to bake for the holidays and its really hard. So I will be counting on you to keep me going.

Good luck with excerise buddy. I hope that helps you. I just make myself go most mornings. I only miss when I'm babysitting for the grandkids or doctor appointments. I have missed very few days since May. I go five days a week and walk in river walk at the Y. I hope its doing me some good. I figure if I'm not sitting around or sleeping late, it must help with some calorie burn. I do hour to hour and half eat morning. Hope I can keep this up.

Sticking with my weight watchers although I haven't been that good this past couple of weeks. Still losing will see how I do tomorrow.

Take care buddy.

Carol

Hi All, Just Checking In.

Hey Carol. Glad you're up for the challenge. I'm able to get back to yoga now that the renovation to the house is almost over. I can plan my evenings better now. I'm excited for both partners. I thought since my acid reflux was not as bad that I'd be eating more. Not so, or just sometimes. Still down to one good meal a day and maybe something at nights. With that baking, I know what self control that will be. My daughter works in a bakery on the weekends, so she'll be brining home samples. Good luck to me.

Janine and Ms Husker hope all is well or soon to be. Miss hearing from you. To all those coming back, thanks for dropping by. Now that the holidays are coming up it may be weeks before logging on. But still find the time even if you don't post your progress. Just saying hello is good enough.

Luv to All

Just checking in. I didn't lose much this week only lost .4 lbs. I knew it wouldn't be good as I hadn't been all that good. Still making to the Y 4-5 times a week. So now I have only 19.6 lbs to go before Christmas or Jan 1st.

Glad to hear your doing ok Gwen. Hanging in there is just want we have to do. I wish it wasn't this way,but this is reality and must learn to live this way. Thanks for being here.

Wish we heard from more people that use to be here. Would love to know how they are doing.

Carol

Hi. good for you .4lb weight lose. I myself loss 3lbs. but that's only because I stopped eating the junk food and cut back on the Pasta. In addition to taking a Protein drink in the morning eating lucnch and not very hungry at night. But do eat a little something just th same.

I'm enpowered and engernized to exceris this week. I'm going to start back to yoga, hot yoga tomorrow evening. Start off with 2x a week and maybe 3x. My evenings are flexible, no one to rush home to. As a matter of fact I'm going shopping today and will spend some time window shopping. So, there's my walking for the day.

Last week was a rough week, the house renovation, my "TEENAGE Daughter", work not so much. But did hear of a co-worker who passed away on her way to "work". When you hear news like that, you begin to revaluate your own life. Like I'm doing now. I have a dr's. appt. Tuesday about weakness in my legs. Hope it's something that a pill will take care of or something that a holistic way will take care of.

Well, let's try to check in twice a week for each others results. The others will soon follow.. Take care for now.

Hi, just checking in. Went to the doctor yesterday ab my acid reflux. I was prescribed with Priolsec for 30 days. She says this might solve the problem. Then I'm to go back to the lapband doctor to get an endoscopy of my throat. What may happen at the appt. is that he may remove some of the Fluid to releive the acid reflux. If he does this then I'll really have to step up my food intake. But better that that risk esphogas problem. The worst of them throat cancer from the acid backup.

Oh well throat problem, gall bladder removal, what else could be a side effect of lapband. But no matter what, I'm still glad I got it. Just need to regroup and continue on.

Hope you've had some success on your journey.

Carol, I lost 2 pound, but did not excerise. Looking into what yoga excerise I can and cannot do now. For the doctor say I may have sciatica. Been having tingling and some numbness in my legs. Sometimes when walking or standing my legs feel like they'll just give out from under me. So, I don't want to excerise then fall from where between the gym and home and can't get up. So, I'll just stick to walking or maybe the bike for now.

Hi All, just checking in again. Kinda lonely here. Now that you're back you have something interesting to share.

Still trying to get around this relux. Still can get in only one good meal a day. The other times it's just eating something so that my body can have something to feed off of. Also, started taking Vitamin supplement. The doctor said I maybe Vitamin B12 deficient. Was having weakness in my legs or I may have sciatica issues. The x-rays will tell for sure and the blood test. So, I may be looking at therapy for a while and excercise to ease my back pain.

Carol, didn't do to well this week. Those darn pastries my daughter brings home from work. I may not be able to eat food, but I can do some damage to junk food. But, since taking the supplements, that's weaning off. Thank Goodness. So I just take the pasteries to work. They love the assorted pasteries I bring.

Well welcome back all.

I'm going to start the November thread. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f90/november-thankful-month-123902/

Edited by Whitepants
add post for November's Thread