Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week post op MISERABLE and I want out

I know everyone tolerates pain differently, but I am wondring, with so many people commenting on extreme pain, did your doctors not send you home with meds to take? I had Oxycodone or one of those -codone meds (can't keep them straight). And when I was in the hospital, I took pain meds every chance I could as I am not a believer in being in pain and then getting meds. I much prefer to keep them away. =)

Also, who stayed overnight vs. those who left the same day? In my reading here, it see,s as though the people who left the same days seems to have more pain then those of use who spent the night and the bathroom and walking every 2 hours were our only responsibility.

If I were in great pain, I'd ring my doctor's phone off the hook---you just had your stomach stitched around a band, for Pete's sake---let alone the multiple incisions you now have in a bouncy place on your body that reacts to every bounce, step, and rattle your body takes.

I really hop things ease up for everyone and you find comfort. But above all else, you pay the doctor, he is your employee so don't lose your voice in talking to him.

I know everyone tolerates pain differently, but I am wondring, with so many people commenting on extreme pain, did your doctors not send you home with meds to take? I had Oxycodone or one of those -codone meds (can't keep them straight). And when I was in the hospital, I took pain meds every chance I could as I am not a believer in being in pain and then getting meds. I much prefer to keep them away. =)

Also, who stayed overnight vs. those who left the same day? In my reading here, it see,s as though the people who left the same days seems to have more pain then those of use who spent the night and the bathroom and walking every 2 hours were our only responsibility.

If I were in great pain, I'd ring my doctor's phone off the hook---you just had your stomach stitched around a band, for Pete's sake---let alone the multiple incisions you now have in a bouncy place on your body that reacts to every bounce, step, and rattle your body takes.

I really hop things ease up for everyone and you find comfort. But above all else, you pay the doctor, he is your employee so don't lose your voice in talking to him.

like your ticker!

To bring up one point.....I too did stay the night, and I can't imagine not doing that. I was a 3 hour trip away, and I was very happy I did decide to stay the night.......yum all those good meds:lol:

Well I still think I did touch on a nerve.....look I'm almost 50, and I hurt like hell, but what did I expect? Nothing less!

I know I want to loose this weight more than any pain can keep me down....and yeah I was down! I'm not going to complain about it because I want this soooooooo bad.

Peace out everyone

~Kelly~:thumbup:

Wow. I would hate to see you give birth to a baby. "I hate my child. I am in so much pain and discomfort down there...." Pain is temporarily. I was in a crap load of pain, but I honestly couldn't have lost 67 pounds by myself. You'll get better.

hahaha you are ridiculous! SOOOOO NOT THE SAME THING...I hate my baby...yeah ok! I have two babies and would go through labor with both before I did this again!!!!!

While I feel ok now it was hell and I dont mind telling any potential bandster how bad it was and if I want to bitch about I WILL and so can she!....

If you dont want to support people....go lose weight on your own... We dont care about your opinions anyway!

This forum is for support.... people should feel welcome to come here and ask questions, vent , do what the want.... !!! It is a "forum" for all that afterall!

I don't know how I got quoted as saying that but I didn't.

I am bored with this subject already . I will never understand why people on the net want to tell others what to say and feel and get into "e" fights. Really, it's not that serious.

I was not being unsupportive in agreeing with the post of the person I guess you were trying to quote.

When you post a very negative thread to begin with not everyone is gonna come in and agree with you. I don't think the response was snide or unsupportive she was just expressing what a lot of people thought but did not post.

I was one of the fortunate ones that had no pain or discomfort after my surgery and I know I was blessed because of that. I did tons of research though before hand and I was prepared for a lot worse. So when I read OP's post I agreed with the comment of the poster. I just happen to feel that 1 week after having major surgery some pain and discomfort is to be expected . I put off my surgery for almost 3 years because of coming here and reading all of the not so good experiences.

I see from this thread though that there are many that did not have a good experience and the OP has a lot of sympathizers and persons telling her what she is experiencing is somewhat normal and I guess it is for some. However, it is not everyone's experience.

Take heart though I am being punished and the band that I was so happy with at first now has me in "bandster hell" and I'm not so happy but I don't feel like I want out and I don't want my band removed. I know what I am experiencing now is part of the journey for some. As badly as I wanted to wake up after the first month and be down 50 lbs. it's not happening for me.

I hope time and experience heals us all and makes our dreams come true.

Dee

Girl......you will be fine!

I was miserable and tired for a whole month after surgery, but everyday I felt a little bit better than the day before. Hang in there don't get discouraged. U WILL quit hurting and as the scale goes down u will be glad u did it.

my gosh blonde1 you are 60 wtf it is expected that recovery will take some time.....how ever! she is only 20 years old.....I just don't get it!

hahaha you are ridiculous! SOOOOO NOT THE SAME THING...I hate my baby...yeah ok! I have two babies and would go through labor with both before I did this again!!!!!

While I feel ok now it was hell and I dont mind telling any potential bandster how bad it was and if I want to bitch about I WILL and so can she!....

If you dont want to support people....go lose weight on your own... We dont care about your opinions anyway!

This forum is for support.... people should feel welcome to come here and ask questions, vent , do what the want.... !!! It is a "forum" for all that afterall!

You know what, Blessedmama? Opinions and support goes both ways. Manda was saying she did feel significant pain and discomfort but it was temporary, so please take a chill pill and don't be quite so quick to jump on someone else.

If you honestly don't wish to hear from anyone who's been there, done that, or hear them give you advice about how it will get better, but instead wish to attack them for giving half a crap enough to post and reassure you, then perhaps you're the one who should rethinking how you interact with people on this forum.

You know what, Blessedmama? Opinions and support goes both ways. Manda was saying she did feel significant pain and discomfort but it was temporary, so please take a chill pill and don't be quite so quick to jump on someone else.

If you honestly don't wish to hear from anyone who's been there, done that, or hear them give you advice about how it will get better, but instead wish to attack them for giving half a crap enough to post and reassure you, then perhaps you're the one who should rethinking how you interact with people on this forum.

I only asked one question,,,,,,,boy did I open a can of worms!!!!

It was the baby comment... Really, you support the baby comment? It is totally different. I totally wish to hear from been there done that bandsters. But if someone wants to whine and moan let them. It's for people to tell them hey I have been there too without all of the "OMG DID YOU do your research" or "I would like to see have a baby" I hate my baby! !!!! comments! that isnt SUPPORT lelllo... That was my point... Sorry you couldnt see that!

It was the baby comment... Really, you support the baby comment? It is totally different. I totally wish to hear from been there done that bandsters. But if someone wants to whine and moan let them. It's for people to tell them hey I have been there too without all of the "OMG DID YOU do your research" or "I would like to see have a baby" I hate my baby! !!!! comments! that isnt SUPPORT lelllo... That was my point... Sorry you couldnt see that!

I support the baby comment. It was by far the funniest thing ever posted on this site.

I listened to my mother belittle me from day one practically until the day she died. Blaming me for the pain she went through with the C-section.

I agree that the baby comment could have been taken the wrong way, but there will always be times when something comes across the wrong way, and you can chose to roll with it and read the subtex behind it, or you can get upset.

The fact of the matter is, I read Manda's comment as simply an analogy to show you that sometimes something worth it is worth the pain. And I really do believe keeping a positive attitude up helps significantly at times like this. I'm all for venting, don't get me wrong, but venting is about getting it off your chest so you can cope and deal with the issue.

There are very few veteran bandsters around this forum these days, and make no mistake, we've all had our issues, and have found various ways to work through them. Keep your ears open, coz some of the very best advice, and positivity to get me through the tougher times, I got from this very place.

I wish you all the best. In time, this period of your life will be a distant memory. I remember the first time I wore a bikini. NONE of the pain I went through mattered one iota then.

I agree that the baby comment could have been taken the wrong way, but there will always be times when something comes across the wrong way, and you can chose to roll with it and read the subtex behind it, or you can get upset.

The fact of the matter is, I read Manda's comment as simply an analogy to show you that sometimes something worth it is worth the pain. And I really do believe keeping a positive attitude up helps significantly at times like this. I'm all for venting, don't get me wrong, but venting is about getting it off your chest so you can cope and deal with the issue.

There are very few veteran bandsters around this forum these days, and make no mistake, we've all had our issues, and have found various ways to work through them. Keep your ears open, coz some of the very best advice, and positivity to get me through the tougher times, I got from this very place.

I wish you all the best. In time, this period of your life will be a distant memory. I remember the first time I wore a bikini. NONE of the pain I went through mattered one iota then.

Ok Veteran, I have a pill stuck, what do I do for that?

I support the baby comment. It was by far the funniest thing ever posted on this site.

I listened to my mother belittle me from day one practically until the day she died. Blaming me for the pain she went through with the C-section.

lmfao you are too funny.......No wait I remember when I was in the womb and she was cussing me out for giving her morning sickness!

Not a lot now. Wait til it passes. Next time crush it.

Walk it off. It will dissolve over time.

Read the side of the bottle and if it does NOT say "Do not crush" get a pill crusher at the drug store.

If it DOES say, "Do not crush" ask your pharmacist if there is a liquid alternative to the medication.