Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh so Nervous

Hi, let me introduce myself. My name is Regina. I have been reading these boards for about 1 month now, just lurking. Everyone has been an inspiration to me. I have not been banded YET, and I am keeping the faith that, it is YET! They are trying to get me in before the end of the year but I am waiting on insurance approval. I have First Health in Texas. I called them today and they said I should have an answer in the next 24 hours. I am soooo nervous, the wait is killing me. I can't even get myself to start eating like a bandster because of my nerves. This is depressing, I am so pumped about starting a new life and I want it NOW. I am 5.5 and weight 255, BMI 41. I am 37 yrs old. I know I am not a bandster yet, but please I need prayer and encouragement. Thanks for listening.

Regina

I am sending positive thoughts and prayers that you get the positive response today that you are looking for.

You don't have to have a band to be a part of this group. We have all sorts of folks here that just want to be supportive of others going through weight loss issues.

The pre-requiste testing and waiting for approval, in my humble opinion, is more difficult than the actual surgery and recovery, it was for me at least. Sounds like you have already jumped through the hoops, but sometimes they try and throw up road blocks to discourage you, don't let them. This is your life and you are the one who knows what's best for you.

Please, let us know as soon as you hear anything, good or bad, we are all here for you.

Cindy

Who is going to do your surgery?

Don't worry about eating like a bandster yet... I know it is good practice, but I pigged out as much as I could because I thought I was never going to get to eat good again.

chichigirl is right, the waiting is the worse part of the process.

Hi, I'm another Cindy...welcome to LBT. It is true, you do not have to have a band to be on the boards and be supported by, and supportive of, others who hae weight issues. This is a great place, and we will "hold your hand" through cyberspace as you set out on this really exciting journey. We have all had "the wait" and it is hard...everyone relates to your desire to start now! Post anytime! Cindy

If I get approved before year-end I will be having it done at the Barix Clinic (Dr. Hall) in Wylie, TX. If they deny it then I have to start all over next year since my insurance is changing to Aetna. I hear Aetna is alot more difficult to get it approved. So I am just praying that they will approve it now, for the best Christmas present ever!

Regina

Nope, never heard of either. I guess I am not too familiar with Dallas at all :rolleyes:

Good luck! I hope you do get approved before the end of the year because Aetna really bites so I have heard!

I am just not getting any work done this past week, all i can do is read these boards. LOL! It makes me feel like it's actually gonna happen if I keep reading. Thanks you guys for talking to me. I went on another board and it seems like I get ignored :rolleyes: Guess they are just not as nice and supportive as you all are. How do I put a signature on here?

Regina

At the top go to User CP and choose the option edit your signiture. Really easy and user friendly.

Still thinking good thoughts for you.

Cindy

Regina~

Welcome! I'm not banded yet, either. Have gotten insurance approval and the date is set for Jan. 24 in Sioux Falls. I hope you are successful in getting your band done before the end of the year.

Emily

Thank you Emily. Congrats on your surgery date. I hope my date will be between Christmas ans new years. Praying anyway. Thanks for the support.