Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. 2010 Bandsters !!!

Stateofzen, there is absolutely no way they have not noticed a 60lb weight loss. I'd say they are being polite by not saying anything; especially if they are men. Congratulations, your efforts are paying off!

Everyone, I am proud to say I am in onederland. I hit it last Thursday, but knew I would pop back up with the way I fluctuate and sure enough I did. I'm now confident I will stay below at this point.

Hi everyone!! I am so proud of everyone, I wanna cry!! We have been through alot and ya'll are so upbeat.

I wanted to ask a question. I was banded on 09/11 and the area where my port is, is still tender. I can't lean over to tie my shoes without some pain, or lean down to pick up something off the floor. Do you think something might be wrong? Or is everyone else still tender. I hope my band hasn't slipped or something? I don't want to go back for more surgery now, I still haven't gotten paid from my job since Sept 09... What do you think. My next appointment is Nov 2nd. I'm still walking on the treadmill though.

My port is located just to the right of my belly button. The port site is still a bit tender, but not painful. I cannot wear pants with a tight waist. I used how much I could bend over as a gauge of how well I was healing. My biggest issue ended up being able to sleep on my side without port site pain. I finally can do that comfortably.

Each person is going to heal at a different rate and the location of the port and the "attachment" method seem to also be factors.

My port is located just to the right of my belly button. The port site is still a bit tender, but not painful. I cannot wear pants with a tight waist. I used how much I could bend over as a gauge of how well I was healing. My biggest issue ended up being able to sleep on my side without port site pain. I finally can do that comfortably.

Each person is going to heal at a different rate and the location of the port and the "attachment" method seem to also be factors.

Thanks, that makes me feel somewhat better, and I can wait till my DRs appt next week then to ask about it.

Zen you are amazing, wow, 60 lbs, incredible. I started a few lbs heavier then you, but have lost almost 30 and no one has said anything. I said something to my husband about I feel I can see a difference in my face and he said he hadn't noticed but that he thinks I'm beautiful (gag).

Anyway I think at 60 lbs there is no way people don't notice but they are being polite. I have done the same thing- people who lost a ton of weight and I was too afraid to mention it. I can't wait till I can say I've lost 60 lbs.

Joany I still have tenderness although I was banded later. like if I squat and try to look in the bottom cupboard forget it. I can lay on either side, and always could. when is your check up?

You all are great, and doing awesome, thanks for all the info.

Hello all I have not been around for a week, a lot has been going on . It's good to see everyone is doing Good.

[quote name=LisaA;

SLOW and GRADUAL is the key!

Going slowly with fills can be frustrating' date=' but is well worth the wait to avoid problems.

Lisa I love that saying SLOW and GRADUAL is the kay.

It would be good for all of us to keep that mine. Also thinks for the info "What to do before and after a band fill, great job.

[quote=Scarred4Life; (surgery to first fill) = 33 lbs total [/:sneaky:

Scarred4Life That wonderful.

[quote=stateofzen;

I've lost about 60lbs (including pre-op)!

Exercise is still my nemesis/personal challenge. I appreciate the September exercise thread in the fitness section-- that's some good encouragement for those of you who haven't headed over there yet.[/quote]

60lbs, Congratulations You're doing a wonderful Job.

You and I are in the same club EXERCISE is my challenge also.

[quote=missjoany;

I wanted to ask a question. I was banded on 09/11 and the area where my port is, is still tender. I can't lean over to tie my shoes without some pain, or lean down to pick up something off the floor. Do you think something might be wrong? Or is everyone else still tender. I hope my band hasn't slipped or something? I don't want to go back for more surgery now, I still haven't gotten paid from my job since Sept 09... What do you think. My next appointment is Nov 2nd. I'm still walking on the treadmill though.

Joany, My port area is still a little tender. Like Lisa I can not bend to low, a lot of times I sit and a chair to get things that's to low.

Rembunctions, My port is right of my belly button also but mine is four fingers above that area.

Bunny, if I didn't get numbed before my fill I would have squeeked too! My goodness.

Last night I had my first dinner out with people other than my husband (a work dinner). We went to a Thai place and to avoid noodles and rice I ordered hot and sour shrimp Soup and a chicken satay appetizer. It was great, and I've got left-overs of both for lunch today. I did have a moment at the end, when I was the only one who got a to-go box (and I clearly had eaten much less than everyone else) where I felt like people noticed but my colleague are too polite to say anything, thank goodness.

That said, only one person has mentioned my weight loss and I've lost about 60lbs (including pre-op)! I think mostly I'm glad because it's a little awkward to have people commenting on your weight and the main reason I haven't told most people is because I don't want them monitoring my weight loss. On the other hand, I'm really super curious if they are noticing or if in their eyes, fat is fat so they haven't noticed.

Exercise is still my nemesis/personal challenge. I appreciate the September exercise thread in the fitness section-- that's some good encouragement for those of you who haven't headed over there yet.

Exercise an issue for me too.... :unsure:groan so thanks for the link. Great weight loss - can't wait to have lost that much. I also prefer not to discuss my weight but I have to say that I don't agree that people think 'fat is fat'. I think everyone is so caught up in their own stuff that it's got to be a DRAMATIC difference before they notice. People aren't that observant!

My experience after losting 25 kgs (about 15lbs) is that people would get a puzzled look on their faces and ask me 'Have you lost weight or something??" I'd think to myself -"Are you kidding me??? This is a result of me losing fat off my body that is equivalent to 2 huge bags of dog food and some more." My reply was: "Yes, just a little...":rolleyes2: You have to have a sense of humour when you're on this journey!!!!:thumbup:

Thanks for the Thai dinner ideas... great as we're out next Friday. Have a healthy weekend:thumbup:

I was banded on the 21st of September and have lost 13 kilos (28 lbs).

:-D

I'm hoping to lose another 13 kilos before December.

Hi All - wondering how everyone is doing eating normally again. It's 3 days post fill and I'm starting to notice the change as pre-fill I was really starting to feel like I was eating too much. It's a great relief feeling the band doing it's work - just had some salmon and because it was a bit on the dry side, i can feel pain in the stomach area and a bit of grumbling. Lesson learnt - add sauce to dryish meats. Still struggling to remember to drink enough between meals so to stay hydrated. I'm still feeling nagging doubts that this is all going to work after a life time of success/failure/success/failure etc It's early days I know and there are those who are a year down the road who have done fantastically. Have a great weekend all.

Rambunctious, Congratulations! I can't wait until I get to the 100's it will be a happy day indeed. I was banded on 9/13 and am down 40lbs since starting the pre-op diet! I had my first fill 1 1/2 weeks ago and haven't noticed much of a difference. Looking on the bright side, I actually think that's a good thing, it means I haven't had any problems.

My port site was a little tender too until a couple of days ago. Now I don't notice it at all.

I'm going to check out the Sept. exercise thread. Thanks for the info. I'm doing well with the workouts and love my trainer but will take all the encouragement i can get! Happy weekend all.

Hi All Sorry I haven't been on the thread as often, but getting back to work has been time consuming to say the least. I am 4 weeks post op now and like others I have port tenderness when I wear tight jeans, or if I bend a certain way, but other than that no issues. I am back in the gym. I love attending the classes. I take sculpt, step, and Zumba and I must admit they are working. I've only lost 30lbs (including preop) but I am getting compliments every day on how I look. I am fitting into clothes that I haven't been able to wear in years and there's already a waiting list for my clothes as they get too big (lol). I am finding it hard to shop for new items though. I don't know what size to buy or when to buy. Do you wait until your 2 sizes down? 3? I am beginning to see how the mental change is just as big as the physical one.

Hi Everyone!!

I found out a HUGE secret!!! How to help us get the “hurt”, “discomfort”, “pain” feeling go away when we get food stuck!!! Are you ready…? Papaya Enzymes chewable Tablets!!!

I had an episode the other night and ran to the internet to see what I could do… I read about these tablets and how they help break down Protein. So I went to CVS Pharmacy and found them in the Vitamins section. I bought them for $8.50 for 250 tablets. The bottle says to chew 3 at a time, but a person on YouTube says 4 will do the trick. So last night I had another stuck incident and I got the 4 tables out… and in less than a minute I was normal. No more pain, hurt or anything!!! I waited about 3 minutes and continued eating normal… slowly and chewing a lot more and had no more problems. I am so excited and couldn’t wait to tell you guys about my experience =)

Here is some info:

What Is Papaya Enzyme?

BySabah Karimi

Papaya enzyme is a potent mix of proteolytic enzymes derived from the papaya fruit, and offers several health and digestive benefits. The enzyme can speed up certain chemical reactions within the cells, and also breaks down certain types of protein. Papaya enzyme, also known as papain, has practical and medicinal uses. People can enjoy its benefits by eating raw papaya fruit or taking a papain dietary supplement.

I put some tablets in a zip up baggy to keep at the office and another one to keep in my purse… just in case. I hope to not have any more incidents, but if I do… I will be prepared!

On a non-scale victory… I put on my first size 16 today (Friday jean day at work). At pre-op I was a size 22 and 268 pounds. Today and only in week 5 post-op I am down 35 pounds (233) and happy… I started walking this week and noticed a 3 pound loss, so my friends… walking is my best friend right now.

I hope this little secret helps you in any way. Have a wonderful weekend and stay focused, NO Halloween CANDY!!!

Moni

weight.png

Edited by monicaleon18

Moni, Thanks for the infor, I'll be keeping that mind.

Moni I'm have not been able to post my new weight on my

weight ticker would you happen to know how I can change

it to my new weight.

Moni, Thanks for the infor, I'll be keeping that mind.

Moni I'm have not been able to post my new weight on my

weight ticker would you happen to know how I can change

it to my new weight.

Hi Sourmissg,

Just click on your weight tracker and it will take you to the link. First put in your pin and click on edit/update weight data. This will take you to another page, at the bottom update your info and click next. then just highlight the "weight ticker", right click to copy. Once your in the message section of this forum you right click and click on paste. That should but it in the bottom of you message.

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

Moni

Moni. Thanks so much yes I was able to change to my new weight.

Gale