Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We Need To Shout With Joy!

O.K., I would be the last person to be considered the head of the cheerleading squad, BUT we need to shout and yell about our victories.....we have been dwelling on scales which are not moving the right direction, slippage, erosion, feeling like failures, etc......

WE SHOULD BE PROUD OF OUR BANDSTER LIFESTYLE AND EMBRACE IT!!!!

I know that scale victories rock, but I can bet that if you take just a couple minutes and count your non-scale victories it would make you SMILE.

I will start my NSV list and you add on......

1. Can sit in booth now

2. Can tie my shoes without wanting to puke

3. Can go up and down the stairs without having to take a rest

4. Can drive my car without being trapped behind the wheel

5. Not afraid to put on a seatbelt in someone else's car

6. I can lift things again

7. A regular Bracelet fits my wrist

8. I don't schedule my life around food

9. My feet and legs are not swollen anymore

10. Can sit in a movie theater without pinching my butt in the sit.

I could go on, but it's your turn now.....

YOU RAH...BANDSTER'S RULE....YOU RAH!!!!

Cheers to you, Margo, for starting the "HAPPY THREAD"!

I will add my "happy's" :

1. Down just about 3 sizes in 5 months

2. Approaching a big goal of losing 50 pounds!

3. I have lots more energy!

4. It is much easier to get in and out of a car.

5. People compliment me on my weight loss, almost every day.

6. I sleep better.

7. My daughter's little arms fit around my waist when she hugs me!

8. I have better posture, probably because I am not weighed down.

9. I enjoy taking care of myself (make-up, lotion, skin care) much more now.

10. I can find clothes that are actually flattering, instead of "camouflage" for problems!

Best of all, because of LBT, I have lots of support and care anytime I need it. Thanks, everyone!

Cindy

Great idea Margo! Here's my list:

1. I can get down on the floor at my son's school to help him with his boots and not worry about being able to get back up again.

2. I can hug my husband without bending at the waist to get my arms around him.

3. I'm more easygoing. Life just seems easier when it doesn't take as much effort to do the little things.

4. I don't obsess about my next meal.

5. I don't feel guilty about indulging my cravings because they have been drastically reduced and I won't be able to eat much anyways.

6. Like Cindy, I also take way more time with my appearance now.

7. My hubby was always attracted to me, but now... it's just better all around.

8. People are always telling me how great I look. That hasn't happened in years!

9. I can sit in the captain's chairs at the end of my kitchen table. I remember buying the table two years ago and thinking how dumb it was to spend money on chairs I couldn't fit into.

10. I don't feel like I ran a marathon after climbing the stairs.

11. I can shop at plus size stores again (I was out of 3X shirts at my highest so catalogs were my only option).

12. I eat less than my Mom!! She has always been small. She's always talking about how she eats 1/2 piece of toast for Breakfast and then is too full for lunch... Wahahahahahah!! Don't mistake me - she's an awesome mom and I love her dearly, but it still feels good! :)

The clothes I was wearing before my band was ready to burst, now they fit loosly :)

My family is proud of me (I am too)

I feel good

I am happy with a normal portion instead of the entire batch

I've met so many nice people and new friends here

I've met Renebean in person :D

I have great support from LBT

My scale is going in the right direction for once

I have more energy physically and mentally

My selfesteem is getting better

I can smile at people instead of the ground because I know where I'm going

I have hope !!

But mostly I have Christ whom strengthens me.

Kudos to you Margo, what a wonderful idea, here are mine:

1. Insulin dependent no more

2. Half the amount of blood pressure medications, stopped one completely

3. Below 300 lbs

4. Far enough below, not afraid of a little Water weight anymore

5. Energy to do what I want when I want, like shopping for hours on end

6. Feeling my rib cage when I lay down, didn't know if the darn thing was still there

7. Gave away all my really fat clothes as they were falling off of me

8. Able to wear some of most of my skinny clothes

9. No more difficulty breathing

10. No more sleep apnea

11. Able to fit into a regular hospital gown

BUT THE BEST ONE IS I AM PROUD OF MYSELF AGAIN AND NO LONGER FEEL LIKE A SIDESHOW FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy, Happy Holidays

Cindy

OK, here are a few of mine -

1) I watch what my svelt 9 year old daughter eats, and I wonder how anyone could eat that much!

2) I sat in a Canada Aire Regional Jet on Monday. Had 6 inches of seat belt left, and I was able to sit comfortably in my own seat, in a non-exit row, non-bulkhead, non-first class seat. Amazing!

3) I went from a size 46 to a comfy size 38. Now I can stop in at costco and buy model-type jeans (Ralph Laurens) and Lucky brand jeans OFF THE SHELF, and at a discount, instead of paying robbery rates at the fat-boy store.

4) My BP is normal.

5) I can run a mile in an airport when late, and not cough and choke the rest of the flight, once I get to my airplane.

6) I AM COLD EVERY SINGLE DAY IN THIS COLD WEATHER. I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THAT FELT LIKE!!! Guess I will just get another jacket!

7) I gave away all my fat clothes.

8) People in my office just stare at me trying to figure out what's different, but they don't know, so they just assume it's them.

9) I lost the equivalent of my 5 year old son in weight. - in 6 months! No wonder I feel better! And its a lot easier carrying him up to bed, when its just his 50 pounds, and not my extra 50!

10) I can walk around naked in the bathroom, and not be worried about my wife seeing me!

Life's good!

Thank you, Bandland!!!!

:bump2:

1) Actually wanted to go the Catherine's and try on pretty blouses.

2) I did not get upset when the pretty blouses weren't fitting me perfectly.

3) Left the store without a new blouse becuase they did not fit properly but I was still happy.

4) Can almost wear my 32 jeans that I could not get buttoned months ago (still have a little muffin top to go)

5) Got the size 30 jeans up over my thighs and butt....next over the belly he he he

6) I can walk for an hour not have to sit down unable to breath and back hurting

7) Learning to Live Life and Enjoy It

Hey, we all have alot of positives in common!!!!

Here are some, which may/may not have been mentioned. They are a little different.

1. I can sit on my husbands lap without killing him.

2. I use a regular bloodpressure cuff for regular folks.

3. My butt is flat and I rather like it!

4. My old bikini underwear is now "grandma panties."

Shawn

1. I use to hate to wash my jeans because I was afraid they wouldn't fit afterwards; now I want to wash them because they fit better when they are clean.

2. I'm going on vacation in a couple of days and I use to hate packing all those big ugly clothes, now I'm looking forward to packing some cute clothes.

3. I'm anxious to see how I fit in the airline seat. I'm sure no more seat belt extensions for me.:clap2:

Four months ago I couldn't drive myself to the gym.....couldn't fit behind the wheel. Three months ago I couldn't walk from the car to the gym door by myself. Two months ago I couldn't go more than 10 minutes on the treadmill (but I was proud of that!). Two weeks ago I said, "I've reached my limit - 20 minutes." And TODAY I walked 26 minutes!!! ( And I'm driving myself around town, too!) What next??!!

- My grocery bill is 1/3 of what it used to be.

- I no longer start sweating after walking 1 block.

- I was confident enough to get a great new haircut instead of waiting 8 months between cuts because I didn't want to look at myself in the mirror for an hour.

- I don't HATE the gym anymore.

- I sleep through the night and wake up with no pain in my legs and feet.

- I look forward to tomorrow knowing I'm on the right path.

Hooray for all of you. Haven't even got a date yet but reading your posts made me feel happy. Katt

1. I am a cheap date!

2. I proudly bought and hung a full length mirror in my bathroom.

3. My pant size is now smaller then my mother's.

4. I can wear my bathing suit around other people without a cover-up.

5. Everyone tells me how good I look.

6. food no longer controls me.

7. I can't wait to step on the scale each Wednesday morning.

8. I feel great! No headaches, no High BP, no foot pain