Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate going to the gym!!

Around this time of the year, hsn and qvc run sales for exercise equipment. I've seen the lightweight powered treadmills , earlier this year, that are easily moved and store under the bed. They also do not require assembly. You just open the box and plug it in and you're off. They were reasonably priced as well.

I hate it too! Same reason, I just don't like the act of going. It smells, and nowhere to put your stuff, and it's busy. My parents signed me up a month or two ago and I still haven't gone :-x. Also I belong to LA Fitness (big gym chain) and there are 4 or 5 gyms within 10 miles of me. One is huge and new and nice, and the others are smaller and older... do some research and find out which is nicest? I don't know where you live, and if you have hills or good weather. But I like walking outside and hiking. I had a personal trainer for a number of years and once a week we'd always go hiking in the canyons. 1 hour long hike burns about 600 calories she told me. I enjoyed that way more than being in the smelly gym.

I took a walk outside this morning it was nice, little cold though!! But I think I'm going to start hiking all the time.

Also I wanna look into classes like Zumba or Yoga or just things that don't involve the gym. I wish I could get a treadmill but I have the smallest apartment on earth and I'm on the 3rd floor.

I am cheap and limited on space so I use Leslie Sansone DVDs. I get pretty sweaty after 3-4 miles. I also like my Wii Fit and other Wii fitness programs. I try to do 30-45 min of something everyday. If the weather is good, I walk outside. I don't think good fitness has to come from a gym membership.

I hate the process of working out...walking to the gym , driving to the gym (if it's a day I am not already on campus), packing my gym bag, getting sweaty (I HATE getting sweaty) and then having to take a shower afterwards (especially if I have to do it at the gym b/c I can't go straight home afterwards)...not to mention the extra laundry I have to do in order to maintain clean work out clothes...the whole process is so annoying....

Last year I bought an elliptical thinking that itwould save me form going to the gym but I've only used it like 5x...I am so glad I did not buy it new (i got a really good deal on Craig's List)

Last semester I started taking Zumba classes which were a lot of fun but since the school has been closed for winter break, so has the gym....

And I did get a personal trainer for weight lifting..Ive only done one session with her and then had to stop due to my surgery and not being allowed to lifet more than 10lbs but I plan on resuming with her next week or the week after, that's only 1x perweek....

I also need to start using my Wii Fit again and biking outdoors...

I personally love the gym. I love the fact that I get away from home, from work, from the kid, and focus on ME!!!!.

I like looking at all the pretty people because they keep me motivated. I like the occasional looks I now get from others (well maybe they are not admiring but I can always pretend.)

I like the variety of exercise available to me.

I plan my life around gym days. Its a habit, a ritual, an addiction, an integral part of my life. DON"T SCREW WITH MY GYM TIME!! that is a lesson everyone in my life has had to learn.

Now I also understand those of you who feel exactly the opposite. So the advice I can give to you is this.

1. Avoid any one particular piece of equipment such as a treadmill or elliptical. Your body will get used to that particular exercise and stop producing desired results. Plus you will get bored with it.

2. P90x works absolute wonders. There is probably not a better expenditure of money and time to better your overall physical condition. Be forewarned its hard as hell. Might consider Insanity first.

3. Kettle bells are also another extremely helpful and varied method of exercise. They are realiatively cheap and do not require much space.

4. Your own body weight. Do not underestimate how useful your own body weight can be as an exercise tool. Push ups, crunches, pull ups, and 2000 other methods of using your own weight to strengthen and tone.

The thing is to learn as well when going to commercial gym, i left gym for last 2 years and purchase some exercise equipment so now i kept some time and use my in house gym.