Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks until Banding

Hi all

New member here and first time poster. Getting my banding done on the 12th of Oct and will be starting my Opti-Fast pre-op diet tomorrow. Had my "last meal" yesterday at the Cheesecake Factory. lol

Anyhoo, I haven't tried the Opti-Fast yet and was wondering what everyone thought of it. I have vanilla, strawberry and chocolate drinks as well as bars and Tomato Soup (which I normally don't eat.)

Looking forward to the band.

Hi all

New member here and first time poster. Getting my banding done on the 12th of Oct and will be starting my Opti-Fast pre-op diet tomorrow. Had my "last meal" yesterday at the Cheesecake Factory. lol

Anyhoo, I haven't tried the Opti-Fast yet and was wondering what everyone thought of it. I have Vanilla, strawberry and chocolate drinks as well as bars and Tomato Soup (which I normally don't eat.)

Looking forward to the band.

Hello there!

I am also getting banded on Oct. 12th and I will be starting Opti-Fast tomorrow as well.

I was also wondering how the Opti-Fast tastes. I am so afraid it will be nasty.

Hey! Congrats on your date! I'm getting banded on the 6th of Oct! We're awesome!

I started my Optifast diet on the 22nd, the first days were rough but now it's better. I'm a chocolate lover and I got the chocolate shake, chocolate bar, and the chicken Soup. I must say that the chocolate shakes are good...definitely a million times better then I expected. The bars are ok too, they're kind of grainy which is weird. I make sure that I leave them out for an hour or two to make sure it's soft, it tastes better that way. Now to the soup...I HATE IT!!! It is really gross and I just can't do it. I had it the first day for dinner and haven't had it since. My surgeon lets us have 3 sugar free jell-o and popcicles a day so I just subsitituted the soup for a extra jell-o (so I eat 4 a day) and lots of Water. I've been drinking 120 oz of Water a day and that's what has helped me with my screaming stomach.

Tons of luck to you guys! Remember, you can do it! If I can you can....TRUST ME :smile:

Edited by va_viv

I am using Halmi as well. We are sibblings, u and I. LOL

hello there well good luck make sure u have all the facts and dr who will do the fill and find all the surport groups u can because when i got my lapband i didnt have all the facts and i just now after a year of having my lapband i finally found a dr that will do the fills and help me i am just now trying to fine surport groups good luck its worth it just make sure u have all the FACTS OK good luck simplewoman1965

I am using Halmi as well. We are sibblings, u and I. LOL

Whaaaaat? That's cool! I could always use another big brother LOL. Well, I really hope to see you around the office and maybe the support groups. Are you in the Fair Oaks office or Woodbridge? I went to the support group in Woodbridge and didn't really like it, there were mainly gastric bypass people there and mainly concentrated on them. I'm going to try and go to the one the Fair Oaks hospital offers...hopefully I'll find more bandsters there.

Good luck!!!

I am also getting my band on the 12th! Very excited I do not have to do opti-fast but Clear liquids for 3 days. Which I am not excited about but I did quit smoking cold turkey to have the surgery and so far have gone almost 40 days without smoking, so I figure if I can make it through that I can make it through the few weeks of not really eating food lol

Best of luck o all of us, here hoping for great surgery outcomes and healthier bodies!

Whaaaaat? That's cool! I could always use another big brother LOL. Well, I really hope to see you around the office and maybe the support groups. Are you in the Fair Oaks office or Woodbridge? I went to the support group in Woodbridge and didn't really like it, there were mainly gastric bypass people there and mainly concentrated on them. I'm going to try and go to the one the Fair Oaks hospital offers...hopefully I'll find more bandsters there.

Good luck!!!

I have been going to the Woodbridge office. However, if there is not much in the way of support groups for the banding there, I will consider Fair Oaks. Not terribly convenient for me as I live in Springfield. Let me know what u think about the Fair Oaks situation.

I have been going to the Woodbridge office. However, if there is not much in the way of support groups for the banding there, I will consider Fair Oaks. Not terribly convenient for me as I live in Springfield. Let me know what u think about the Fair Oaks situation.

I only went once, there was only 1 person there that was banded. There was a guy there trying to decide whether to have the band or bypass and immediately the bypass people were like "I know for me if there was a way to cheat [with the band] I would find it" and so on. I'm just personally looking for more bandsters at support meetings. But, I've also read that's usually the trend (all bypass no bandsters) at those meetings. You should check it out for yourself, you might have better luck :smile2:.

I live in Lorton and going to Fairfax is a hassle but not to bad, I'll let you know how the Fair Oaks one goes.

I too am getting banded in two weeks. My date is Oct. 11th. I started my 2 week liquid diet which consists of nothing but liquids, cream Soups, Jello, and pudding. So far so good haven't been really hungry but the caffeine withdrawls are killing me, leaving me feeling week and tired. I do not understand how people are getting surgery so fast while I went through a year long process of testing and a strict diet followed by a nutrionist? Is it just diff Drs. do things diff? Anyway good luck!

I too am getting banded in two weeks. My date is Oct. 11th. I started my 2 week liquid diet which consists of nothing but liquids, cream Soups, Jello, and pudding. So far so good haven't been really hungry but the caffeine withdrawls are killing me, leaving me feeling week and tired. I do not understand how people are getting surgery so fast while I went through a year long process of testing and a strict diet followed by a nutrionist? Is it just diff Drs. do things diff? Anyway good luck!

Most of the process is regulated by the ins company. sometimes the dr.s but most likely the ins co. Mine was pretty easy with the ins co i have now, but the one prior was like a two year process. glad my company changed ins!