Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sara Rue is a LIAR

This makes me so angry:

Sara Rue is on those (annoying) Jenny Craig commercials claiming she lost 55 pounds using the great food plan that Jenny Craig gave her.

LIAR.

She got the Lap Band and that is how she lost 55 pounds. I don't know how they aren't getting sued for this. It's false advertising. We all know how hard it is to lose weight the traditional way, and they are making it look like no big deal. She did that with the LAP BAND like I did and what makes her so great that she can't admit it?

Someone should file a complaint because this is ridiculous. :lol:

How do you know that? Do you have a link to an article or something?

She does look good now but I was wondering if that's really how she lost it.

Inquiring minds want to know.

How do you know that?

Like I said in another thread because WLS is more mainstream now every time someone loses a significant amount of weight from now on it's going to be assumed they had surgery.

Did she admit that she had it?

I wouldn't be surprised if she did but I don't want to be that skeptical and jaded yet.

Dee

Also wondering where you read that, I would love to read the article. If you could post a link that would be great.

Okay from what I read after I Googled this she previously had Lap Band surgery and regained then weight. THen lost it again with Jenny Craig.

I suppose one could make the argument that since a band is restrictive only, if she only ate jenny food, then she did it on the jenny plan. She just wasn't starving between meals.

It still seems dishonest, though.

She may have done it without the band. If she had no fill in her band, then it was without the band because without a fill, there is no restriction and without restriction, the band is just a piece of plastic.

I don't mean to argue with all of you fine people, but this band is not just a piece of plastic when there are no fills. I HAVE NEVER HAD A FILL, I was banded 12/20/08 and have lost and maintained 90 pds. I do have restriction, maybe I just have learned more from years of dieting, maybe i have more willpower, I can't explain why this band has saved my life with no fills. I could not lose a single pound before the band and i have been maintaining this weight for 10 months now. I am so grateful for the band and I get very upset when people make foolish comments that with no fills the band is useless. I might add, i still get stuck when eating too fast or too big of a bite, still have not mastered that yet. Thanks for letting me vent, I have never been so healthy in my whole life since being banded.

There is a lady in my support group that has never had a fill. She's doing pretty well.

How do you know Sara Rue is a liar? You know, there are people that CAN lose 55 pounds without surgery... (and keep it off, too)

Sparkplug, I can't speak from experience as I am being banded Tuesday, but my doctor did say some people do not require fills and feel restricted. Congrats to you.

Jenny Craig often pays for lapband surgery and claim it was done using there diet methods. Scam yes. bad buisness. :biggrin::mad2:

I am so grateful for the band and I get very upset when people make foolish comments that with no fills the band is useless.

No need to be insulting by telling us we're making foolish comments. I'm very happy that you haven't needed a fill...but the fact is you are in the rare minority. For most people, the band is just that...a piece of plastic that is doing nothing until there is some restriction.

Perhaps those who never need a fill were actually given a fill at surgery and they just don't know it. I've met a couple people over the last year who found out several months after surgery that their doctor gave them a fill during surgery...even tho they were told he hadn't. So we'll never know.

We'll never know whether Sara rue has restriction or not.

I still think it's dishonest, She could have said she had the band but it just wasn't working for her until she used Jenny Craig to change her eating habits. If you have a band it's a lot easier to stick to a good eating plan if your not starving all the time. Not to mention it gives you Portion Control. I mean hell, she could just admit she had the band and didn't follow the rules and that Jenny Craig helped her with that then I might have more respect for her because as of now I have very little.

From reading around online.. its seems that Sara HAD the lapband and then had it removed....

Course who knows with hollywood anymore

To each their own

Big Fat Deal: Un-Blind My Item

No need to be insulting by telling us we're making foolish comments. I'm very happy that you haven't needed a fill...but the fact is you are in the rare minority. For most people, the band is just that...a piece of plastic that is doing nothing until there is some restriction.

Perhaps those who never need a fill were actually given a fill at surgery and they just don't know it. I've met a couple people over the last year who found out several months after surgery that their doctor gave them a fill during surgery...even tho they were told he hadn't. So we'll never know.

We'll never know whether Sara rue has restriction or not.

You do have a point there. I was told my band was empty and then found out that there was 3 cc's that was put in at surgery.