Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another band slippage

I'm sorry to report, that unfortunately, after almost 4 years, my band has slipped. I have not been tested yet, but I know where my band is and I know where it was before. I am 100% positive that it has definitely slipped, no question.

I just want everyone to know, however, that the reason it has slipped is because of a health issue with me that finally landed me in the ER last night. From Thursday night through yesterday evening, I was passing Kidney stones. Not only are they extremely painful, but they also cause severe nausea and vomitting, and I mean severe. I just knew my stomach was coming up through my throat. I couldn't even tolerate Tums, as soon as they went down, up they came. I had nothing to eat from Thursday night until this morning, when I simply had a Protein shake. Too nervous to really eat real food because of the slippage. I am going to stay on liquids until after I see the doctor tomorrow.

Needless to say, this whole situation has me extremely upset. I am hoping that the doctor can simply put my band back where it belongs, although the thought of yet another surgery for me is overwhelming right now. I have already had more than ten surgeries for different things in the last ten years.

I won't tell you that I'm not scared that this has happened. I do know that I have loved my band from day one. I am taking a risk that this may happen again for me, as the kidney stones run in my family big time. Lucky me, had to inherit all the rotten health genes in my family. That's what I get for being first born, LOL. My three younger brothers have no health issues and never had. I don't wish this on them or anyone else, it is just what is.

Thanks for allowing me to share my feelings. I really needed to tell people that understand what this means to me and you all definitely do.

Cindy

Chichigirl, if Jonathan can "unslip", so can you. Get that fill out. If you ever get attacked by the killer kidney stones again, get to the doc quick for a complete unfill.

Stay on the liquids!!! Get unfilled tomorrow, maybe your band will settle back into place. Don't give up yet!!! You may not need surgery to fix it!! Hang in there. Yes, I understand totally how you must be feeling. I would hate hate hate to lose my band. Just don't give up yet, okay? Keep us posted.

Are the stones passed? Yuck and double yuck. Worst pain ever. Sorry. :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your slippage! Good luck tomorrow, and please keep us posted. ((((((HUGS))))))

Thank you so much, you guys. I appreciate the support, thoughts and prayers of anyone and everyone. It means the world to me that you guys are all here and I have somewhere to go and 'talk' about my feelings.

Don't worry, I have only had liquids all day, and will not have anything other than liquids. I will not give up, I have come too far and beat too many odds to quit ever. It's not in my nature and I am glad for that.

Thanks again for the kind words, I will let everyone know how things go tomorrow.

Cindy

You know your own body better than anyone else for sure, but here's hoping that this isn't what you think, or if it is it will go back into place.

You certainly are an inspiration. I was going to start a thread because I was curious the longest that people have had the band. It seems like some run into trouble after a year. 4 Years is awesome and inspirational to me. I haven't yet met anyone that has been banded that long with or without problems.

I hope when you see your dr. he will know exactly what course to take. I read someone's post on here that had a slipped band and it went back into place apparently.

My prayers are with you. Please keep us posted.

Wow, have you reached your goal weight? If so maybe you can keep it off and just continue to eat like a bandster. I'm not an expert but it seems like there would be enough tissue that has formed to almost be like a permanent band on your stomach.

OH SHOOT !!!!!!!!!

CINDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear about this. My gosh. You know that you have my prayers. Please let us know how the testing went. There is always HOPE.

Hugs and Kisses to you...

Oh phooooooie.........

Cindy, I hope you'll let us know what the doctor says once they get a look at your band. My fingers are crossed that nothing serious has happened, and if anything IS wrong an unfill can repair it.

Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon!!!

Well, I was on the phone at 9 am sharp this morning, calling the doctor's office. The doctor will be in surgery all day, figures, but he did talk to me and he doesn't believe it has slipped. He says because I can tolerate liquids, that it may have moved but not slipped completely, sure hope he's right on this one! No one would be happier to be wrong than I am right now.

They are trying to set me up for an upper GI for today and then I will go in tomorrow to see him first thing. Ugggghhhh!!! I just had an upper a couple of months ago and it always makes me gag. The thought of more gagging after what I have been through the last few days is not a happy thought!!!

Dody: Thank you for the kind words and encouragment. Just to let you know and anyone else who is considering the band, this is an unusual circumstance. I have had zero problems with my band from the surgery all the way through until recently. It isn't the bands fault that I got kidney stones and was wretching violently for three days. It was so bad, I'm surprised my band didn't slip into unknown areas, LOL.

Again, for everyone who has responded, thank you so very much for your continued support, well wishes, prayers and everything else you all do for me. It makes going through something like this alot easier to have such understanding and caring people cheer me on.

Oh, also forgot to let everyone know that the CAT scan I had in the ER on Saturday showed the last stone almost completely gone and that there were no more stones in the kidney!!!! YEAH!!!!! Thank God!!!

Cindy

Sorry to hear about your slip. I also am suffering from a slip. I see my band doctor on the 19th. They removed all my fill and although the radiologist said the band wasn't where it was supposed to be, he didn't think it completely slipped. My band doctor has asked me to get my films so he can see for himself, but the report he sent to my primary doctor was band slippage. I hope he can do something with it since I don't think my insurance will cover another band.

I hope you get some good news!!!

I'm just now seeing this but wanted to offer my support. I wish you the best on this, and am praying that it is not a slip, or that if it has slipped a little, that it will go right back into place for you.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you girl!

Hugs, ~Kelly

Just a little update, upper GI and visit to doctor in the morning at 10 am. I will fill you all in once I get back.

Thanks again for all of the support, it really is very important to me, you all are so wonderful here.

Cindy