Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

Surgery date is fast approaching... Nov 1st!

havent started my pre-op liquid diet yet. plan to begin Tuesday which will be 7-days before surgery. I did a trial 3 day liquid which was a requirement by insurance. I lost 4 lbs during this time. was it just a shock to the system of dropping caloric intake to 1200/day, or is it something others are experiencing as well. I wonder how much weight most people lose from preop liquid through the post op liquid (before you can eat blended foods)

May be i should've posted this on post op forums.

I am scheduled for Nov. 16th :w00t: I start the Pre-op on Nov. 2nd, pre-op labs the same day, pre-op with the surgeon on Nov. 11th. I am so excited. I feel like I wont the lottery since this is 100% paid for by my insurance. I know that I need to be so thankful since this is a surgery some people pay out of pocket for, and trust me, I AM so very thankful!! Good luck to all my fellow November Bandsters!

WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!GOT MY APPROVAL YESTERDAY MY SURGERY IS 11/29 OMG I M SO NERVOUS COULD OF DID SOONER BUT ALOT OF THINGS I WANT TO GET PREPARED FOR AND DIDNT WANT TO BE RUSHED, BUT I M SO HAPPY:thumbup:

Wow! Lots of us giving ourselves the gift of more birthdays! My B-day is the 5th and my surgery is on the 8th!

Good luck and Happy B-day to everyone!

Hello everyone, so glad to find this before my surgery. It is Nov. 15, 2010. I am obsessed with the research aspect. Here is my deal, I need to find out when the absolute time I can excercise after the surgery. Sit-ups specifically and running. I am excited to find this site. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

:w00t:

Ohhhh, I forgot to mention with Dr. Hamamji in Orange, Ca. St. Joeseph's Hospital. Doing the shakes Nov.1. I need to get the last meal thing out of my head. Not Good. :w00t:

It's official. My surgery is scheduled on November 12. I took 10 days off work. Still struggling with the white lies and ommisions around my surgery. I keep remembering wise Lap Band Talk advice. "you can't untell". I went to my first meeting with the surgeon on 8/23/10. I weighed 232 and today at the gym I weighed 224 before any official pre-op diet. Oh yay, I am so ready. I increased my work outs to 5 days a week. Swimming 2 days, cycling 2 days and walking 1-2 days. My secret fantasy is to do a triathalon before I turn 50 next year. I think I can do everything but the running now. Guess I'll check out Couch to 5 K. I'm surprisingly not scare and I feel really prepared thanks to this site and several BOOB blogs.

For purposes of full disclosure, I will never use a smiley face in my posts, especially the animated ones. They remeind me of clowns and do I have issues with clowns. That's another post. LOL

Wow...I totally have issues with clowns...lol And I started the couch to 5K also I'm stuck on week 3 becasue of the rain and my couch lol.

I am hanging in there with my pre-op diet, although I have found out -- from direct experience -- why it is that they want you to consume all those shakes! The shakes are fine, but when you start to get hungry (at least this is so for me) you will eat the nearest thing you can find.

The way to pre-empt this is to be very focused on not going more than three or four hours without another shake, or a piece of fruit. Then you don't get to the point of eating wallpaper (well, almost).

My pre-op regime includes shakes and two fruits and no-calorie liquids during the day, and a modest meal at night. This is not bad...and there is no clear liquid requirement pre-surgery (even the day before).

Afterward, there is an all-liquid diet for 2 weeks, and I suspect that I won't want anything else! I am elated as I approach the surgery and look forward to continued conversation with you all as we continue on this path.

Deb WS

My date is November 5th. I can't believe it came this fast. I am starting day one of my pre-op diet today. My surgeon does the HMR 800 4+1. I should have went to the store yesterday to get some veggies it would help to be able to snack a little more.

Hi Everyone!

I'm having a band revision on Nov. 11th with Dr. Geiss at Syosset Hospital. I'm a "born again bandster" and even though I've been through this before, I'm still nervous but excited to kick my weight loss into gear once again and reach my goal. Dr. Geiss implanted a 4cc band in me in 2007 and I lost some of my excess weight but I still have a long way to go. About 6 months ago I maxxed out on my fills so no more saline can be injected into my current band and I hit a plateau in terms of my weight loss so I'm going in for the 10 cc band this time. Two of my friends had the 10 cc band implanted about a year or so after me and both of them are now skinny and healthy. I'm hoping this new band will help me have the same results.

Good luck to you all!

Hi everyone! Must be very exciting to have a date scheduled! This pre-op preparation has been long and grueling for me! I have Aetna and it seems they have a criteria to follow prior to authorization. So, I did everything that they asked, submitted a letter of medical necesity myself and now I am left to wait. I wouldn't understand why they won't approve if they don't, I have followed their requirements precisely, we'll have to wait and see. I am thinking postively that once it does get approved I can offficially become a November Bandster Girl!! I am also looking for a buddy to share this experience with, so that we can motivate and be accountable to one another. If anyone is interested, let me know. :unsure:

Sabrina, did you get an approval yet?

I have Aetna as well. My insurance was submitted on Oct 7th after I have done all the stuff they required prior to authorization. I had such a no brainer case that my surgery was even scheduled because there was no reason for a denial. Until guess what...denied! :w00t: :thumbup: Now I am under an appeal and keeping my fingers crossed that Aetna comes through. Good Luck!

I want to see if someone is having surgery on nov 9th...they moved my surgery up to nov..9th due to the surgeon being out of town on the 11th...so anyone on the same date as me?

Sabrina, did you get an approval yet?

I have Aetna as well. My insurance was submitted on Oct 7th after I have done all the stuff they required prior to authorization. I had such a no brainer case that my surgery was even scheduled because there was no reason for a denial. Until guess what...denied! :) :thumbup: Now I am under an appeal and keeping my fingers crossed that Aetna comes through. Good Luck!

UGH! Your BMI is high, you would think there would be NO reason to stall or deny your surgery!! Especially after all they require to get surgery!

I have Aetna too...and that is my fear, that they will find a reason to deny coverage. It's not right, not careful at all of a desperate situation you and I both find ourselves in.

How long will it take for the appeal process to run its course?

SO sorry to hear they are doing this to you.

I go on Monday for my last appt to meet Aetna requirements for coverage.

I have a tentative date of 11-25, which is Thanksgiving...lol! So...I am hoping for a fast approval and a date before Thanksgiving. Planning to ask them if I can start the diet immediately and get scheduled asap after approval from Aetna.

My Birthday is Nov 1. This is my BD gift!

Hoping all goes well for you early Nov. bandsters!!

Hi Everyone!

I'm having a band revision on Nov. 11th with Dr. Geiss at Syosset Hospital. I'm a "born again bandster" and even though I've been through this before, I'm still nervous but excited to kick my weight loss into gear once again and reach my goal. Dr. Geiss implanted a 4cc band in me in 2007 and I lost some of my excess weight but I still have a long way to go. About 6 months ago I maxxed out on my fills so no more saline can be injected into my current band and I hit a plateau in terms of my weight loss so I'm going in for the 10 cc band this time. Two of my friends had the 10 cc band implanted about a year or so after me and both of them are now skinny and healthy. I'm hoping this new band will help me have the same results.

Good luck to you all!

I'm curious as to how the decision is made between band sizes -- 4cc vs. 10 cc. Do you know?