Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

Im 5 days post op and feeling great.I havent had any sickness and just taken it slowly with food. Even though im not too sure what to exactly do.I went shopping yesterday and definitely noticing the difference with myself as i could walk the whole shops with out huffing and puffing.My stomach is feeling better today and can sleep through the night.Overall im feeling great and keeping positive .It was tough yesterday though it was my 23rd birthday and the family came over with cake (no idea why).They were good just took alot of energy out of me and paying for it today.Legs are mighty sore.

How is everyone wlse doing on the post-op journey

Thanks Lacey:thumbup::biggrin:

Congrats Lacey!

Like I am 5 days post OP and I am doing do great. I have been eating mushies and feeling great. I have been walking and that too feels great. I ate 6 shrimp (chewed VERY well) 1/4 C of mashed potatoes and 1/4 C of pureed peas and I FEEL FULL!!!!!!!

Keep up all the good work.

Looks like we were banded about the same time. I was banded on 8/27. I was on Clear liquids until today. Now I am no full liquids. I can't have mushies for another week. I haven't really been hungry until yesterday. I ate a 1/4 of cup of baked potatoe Soup today and felt stuffed. I am not sure if the doc put any Fluid in my band at surgery or if it is just from the swelling but I can't eat more than 1/2 a cup of anything without feeling stuffed. If is great!

I have been walking about 1/2 a mile daily. Yesterday I walked a mile and a half....but paying for it today. I am pretty sore. My stomach is really sore!

Just starting today I am getting alot of air in my chest everytime I drink. Feels pretty bad. I bought some gas x strips and I am going to try those.

I have lost 18 pounds total but 12 of that was on the pre op diet. I have been loosing about a pound a day since surgery. Not sure if that is normal or not....

Glad yall are doing good!

I had surgery on 8/26 and am on fluds for THREE weeks then mushies then solid food on week six. Losing about a pound a day which seems fast. Missing "real" food a bit. Gas pain is almost gone and still some soreness. I do still take pain meds right before bed. All in all everything is going good.

Sounds like everyone is going well.I also do a shopping trip yesterday as i felt good and im feeling it today.So So sore.Iam realising my weak point to food today.as ive been feeling pretty low today all i wanted to do is eat eat eat but i have settle myself by just keeping a drink in one hand and remembering why i wanted this and that its not going to be easy.

Has anyone else had these feeling too?And how have you dealt with them

Im mainly having Protein shakes and v8 juice with Soup for dinner.I supposed to be on liquids for 2 weeks but i feel like i could stomach mushies

I was banded Aug 31st. Yesterday I thought the pain would never go away. I live on this site looking for people who are dealing with the same things I am. I took some pain meds last night and slept like a baby. Today I'm still sore but it is mainly when I try to sit or stand. I guess because the muscle is where I was cut. But other than that I have had no problems with gas or other issues. So far I've been eating Cream of Wheat and oatmeal. I've been drinking lots of Water and Protein Shakes. For dinner last night I had wonton Soup minus the wonton and crunchy things. Instead I put 2 tablespoons of instant potatoes in the soup. It was runny but good and I could only eat about 1/4 cup. I'll probably have 1/4 cup of cream of wheat for Breakfast. Last night my son wanted pancakes and sausage and amazingly enough I fixed it for him and didn't even want to taste it. I'm so afraid of messing things up that I am very cautious of what I eat. I try to remember why I did this and ask myself, did I really just spend the last 6 months of torture just to destroy all that for a pancake? I don't think so. The only thing I'm really missing right now is something crunchy. But again, I keep telling myself, I have plenty of time to eat but I have to concentrate on my weight and health first. Now to do more walking!!!!

I was also banded on aug31st...I havent felt well to date yet..On the 3rd day could eat blenderized food...It tastes terrible to me...Cant find a Protein Shake I can keep down...Can anyone sugest a Protein fruit smoothie maybe?...I guess im so depressed over the loss of food..I dont know exactly how I feel yet..Im trying..I truely am..but im weak from lack of food or protein I think....Please help!!!

I was banded 8/31/10. The pain the first day was so incredibly bad, but now that each day passes, I am better. Today I started Carnation Instant Breakfast 3 oz. 3 times a day. I don't see the doctor until 9/16/10. I am really hungry and thus far, I don't feel any hunger difference at all with having the lapband. :biggrin: I guess I just have to wait until I get a fill or maybe the pureed foods will help when I get cleared to start on them. I do wish the gas bloating would go away!

I was banded 30th August and am on free fluids for another week. I am supposed to only have half a cup but that doesn't fill me up.I have been eating a lot of diet jelly. I figure it satisfies my need to eat, has no calories and increases my Fluid intake.

After 2 weeks i can go onto 2 band meals a day (specially prepared frozen meals) and i am looking forward to that. I had these for the pre op diet but only once a day with opitfast for the other two meals - had good weight loss.

Also when i am back at work i wont be seeing all the food ads on TV, i never realized how much food advertising there actually is. Noticed at first cause it made me feel sick and now they make me feel hungry.I am hanging in there though!

I was also banded on aug31st...I havent felt well to date yet..On the 3rd day could eat blenderized food...It tastes terrible to me...Cant find a Protein shake I can keep down...Can anyone sugest a Protein fruit smoothie maybe?...I guess im so depressed over the loss of food..I dont know exactly how I feel yet..Im trying..I truely am..but im weak from lack of food or protein I think....Please help!!!

Try powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate Protein powder with 1/2 a banana and a tspn of p-nut butter in a blender or strawberry Protein Powder with frozen strawberry's and a 1/2 a banana. Use Water to make them less Creamer.< /p>

Just hang in and hang tough. Just because you don't like something today doesn't mean you wont like it tomorrow. Anesthesia changes your taste buds for a while.

It is hard to give up your best friend (food) of so many years. :biggrin:

It has been hard to not turn to food every time something came up, triumph or tragedy, food was my "go to bud"!

PS-My wife said to go have your nails done! Do something nice just for YOU!

Edited by sparky1582

I'm amazed by how many different diets there are for us post op. I was banded Aug. 30. Today is the first day I've been really hungry. My stomach is less tender today, but still not great. Slept through the night last night, though! Excited about that!

Hang in there to all you recent banders! Let's keep on going!

I was banded on Aug 31 and I've felt horrible since. Yesterday was better and today is worse, I thought my staples came undone today but I think its just the area where my port is and its sore. I'm not able to eat much and I know I'm not getting anywhere near the amount of Protein they want me to have. I live off of carnation instant breakfasts,oatmeal,cream of wheat,popsicles and broth. I start classes on Tuesday and I'm hoping I will feel 100%..I didn't think after 5 days I would feel so gross.

I ate a 1/4 of cup of baked potatoe Soup today and felt stuffed.

Could you share the recipe for the baked potato Soup even if it was just a can could you let me know what brand i luv potato's and havent had any in over a month. I would luv to have it sometime this week! :smile:

I wish I could but I bought it at a restaraunt named Cheddar's. Best baked potato Soup ever. Probably not too good for you but I am not eating much else now so I figure not that big of a deal. :smile: Anyone else have a good recipe for baked potato soup?