Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All,

I had my band done on Aug 16th 2010. My start weight was 333.5 and as of today I am 312. I feel completely back to normal in all areas. My question is, I had my surgery 2 weeks ago and i have progressed thru the cycles faster than reccomended. I am eating soft meats, mashed potatoes and so on. Is this normal? I havent gained any weight and i have not had any problems so far. Has anyone else progressed fast like me?????

Hi, Had the lap-band on 8/18/10. Tomorrow will be my 1st soft food meal plus the 2 shakes. I thought the reason you needed to do weeks 1-2 on shakes was so you build scar tissue around the band to help secure the band to your stomach. Anyway, I start 1 meal and 2 shakes tomorrow for 2 weeks. It's really a life lesson on eating.

I started at 297 pre-surgery now at 272.5 (2 weeks post op).

Hello All,

I had my band done on Aug 16th 2010. My start weight was 333.5 and as of today I am 312. I feel completely back to normal in all areas. My question is, I had my surgery 2 weeks ago and i have progressed thru the cycles faster than reccomended. I am eating soft meats, mashed potatoes and so on. Is this normal? I havent gained any weight and i have not had any problems so far. Has anyone else progressed fast like me?????

I was banded the same day as you and I am just starting moist meats....tuna with a lil mayo, baked fish, scrambled egg. I had mashed potatoes after 10 days. Sounds like we are on the same track which is what my Dr suggested. I only eat 2-3oz at a time.

Hello All,

Were you allowed to progress or are you moving yourself along?

No matter if you are feeling fine, you should follow your surgeon's orders.

I know it is difficult. I am on Clear liquids now after a tiny fill. And I am pouting about it!

I was able to progress faster than I was originally told, but it was with my surgeon's approval after speaking to him on the phone about how I was doing. I was sooo hungry, I was ready to eat my dog! I told my surgeon this, and he let me move to full liquids a few days early.

I was banded on 8/12 and my surgeon would not give me a permission to move to mushies early. I can't have tuna or ground Turkey until Friday 9/3. I find that if I have puree Soup wait an hour or so and then have a Protein Shake I don't get hungry. Perhaps if you space out some of the approved foods you won't feel hungry to move to new foods ahead of schedule.

Fullprice,

I was banded a week ago and feel like i am also going to fast. i have been sticking to soft foods but not necessarily pureed. It is hard for me to eat pureed meats. Because i was raised a vegetarian. I hope all works out for you.

Just don't over do it. Follow your Dr. I have heard from two different people they streched their stomach by going fast.

God I hope this ol'broad can do as well as all of you. I'm hoping to do good so my son will get banded.

Everyone seems to be doing well. Keep up the good work and don't try to rush things. Remember this is a slow process that takes time.

I don't understand this misconception. When people skip ahead against their doctor's orders, they always say: "Well, I guess it's okay because I haven't gained any weight" or " because I feel fine." You guys should really, really research more on the lapband (in all areas), so that you don't do yourself harm.

The purpose of the post-op stages is not for weight-loss. One reason for the stages are to go easy on your stomach. Scar tissue is supposed to build around your band in order to hold it in place and keep it from slipping later on. You are disrupting that process by making your stomach digest food that it's not supposed to. If you give your stomach too much work when you're supposed to be on liquids or mushies, you may cause a slipped band even a year from now.

Gosh I thought I read most all of it but I hadn't heard of the scar tissue around the band. I will ask about that Sept.23rd when I go for my pre-op visit to start my 14 day fast. Band day Oct.8 Thanks!

Ok, I was not clear when i posted this, I skipped the blended meat and just ate slow cooker meat (really soft) and pretty much have been there since. Haven't really had the urge to progress further yet. Currently I am content with my shake in the am, mostly yogurt through out the day, then a small dinner. followed by a shake later on. Haven't really had an intrest in eating bread kinda affraid. I am going for my first fill next week. I also lost another 3lbs.

good luck!!!!!!!!!!