Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Months Since Surgery So Far So Good

Happy to report the first 2 months with the lap band have gone better than expected. I have lost 35 pounds so far and I haven't had to have a fill yet! I am sure it will get harder but fingers crossed I have not seemed to have any of the problems a lot of people seem to have. Very happy I made the decision to get banded. :biggrin:

Congrats! You're definitely doing an awesome job; keep working your band! I haven't had a fill either and things are going so smoothly. No complaints from me!

congrats! Same here, I'm down 35lbs, banded in June. No complaints, no problems. No nausea, vomiting, sliming, or PB's. I can eat anything but need to be careful with breads - have been stuck a few times eating too fast and too big of bites.

I have my first fill tomorrow - hoping all goes well.

Glad to hear you all are doing well :biggrin: I've been doing well since surgery. Haven't had any problems either, but i'm only two and half weeks post op :thumbup:

Glad there are others! I was banded 2 months ago as well, and you've beat me by a few lbs on weight loss. I just had my first fill yesterday, so hopefully I'll continue to lose.

Good luck to everyone. Glad to hear there are others who are having a similar experience.

I will be 2 months on Thursday and I'm also down a similar amount of weight. So far so good. I'm loving my band!!!:biggrin:

OK guys, I need to know, what did your diets look like? How many weeks of liquid and mushies did you do? Have you slipped at times and had any ice cream? How much food are you eating daily? Are you able to go to dinner with your family now?

I am having a hard day because my husband and kids are out eating at a yummy restaurant and I am bored at home drinking my protien drink. I really want a little scoop of ice cream but am scared to fall off the wagon. All of the recent talk about ice cream on this forum put the seed in my head and is possessing my mind.

OK guys, I need to know, what did your diets look like? How many weeks of liquid and mushies did you do? Have you slipped at times and had any ice cream? How much food are you eating daily? Are you able to go to dinner with your family now?

I am having a hard day because my husband and kids are out eating at a yummy restaurant and I am bored at home drinking my protien drink. I really want a little scoop of ice cream but am scared to fall off the wagon. All of the recent talk about ice cream on this forum put the seed in my head and is possessing my mind.

I had 6 weeks of a "full liquid" diet - which included cottage cheese, oatmeal (thin), blended Soups, pudding, Jello, popsicles & Protein shakes. I was then able to progress to finely diced/chopped foods for a week then onto regular foods.

I was pretty good with sticking to the prescribed diet - only slipped a few times with a bite of a few things towards the end.

Eating out has been hard for me. Since I can't eat alot I end up eating a little bit from everyones plate - so I feel my choices are limited to whatever my kids or husband is eating - and sometimes I don't want what they are having.

The thing I am most struggling with is watching the amount I eat. My eyes are still bigger than my stomach and there have been times where I overeat - then I am stuffed and miserable for a few hours.

I have been banded almost 3 months...No regrets whatsoever!! Only one fill...doc put in 4.5 cc in my band. I have had some trouble eating big bites and not chewing well....stuck in between my breasts. But all in all...I am happy!

WOW you guys make me feel happy! I was bands august 17th so a little over 2 wks ago, I have lost 15lbs and my diet progression is faster, I went to mexico and we are directed to go up from clear liq to full liq then soft food and each week it progresses up. This AM I got up and was was up 1.5 lbs:-( I do not know why but I think it was the Soup, to much sodium. Does it everytime for me. I am hoping to find someone for a fill and follow up care here in portland OR area. this is all very encouraging though!

I had 2 wks of liquids (I cheated a little by eating some mushies), then soft foods for a few days, and then went into a few more solid foods.

I noticed when I get full I'd start to get stuck. Nothing bad, but I could feel it going down. That was my sign to stop eating, and I would. I started going out to eat about 3 wks post-op. I have a toddler, so I'd order something and him & I would share it. Or I eat from the appetizer menu.

I've gone out to eat many times and haven't had any problems. Also, I've eaten ice cream several times and have had no problems. I've eaten McD's vanilla, popsicles, and other stuff. I don't eat a lot of it.

If your family is going to eat, go with them. I'm sure you can eat a good Soup there.

And don't worry about the scale right now. You're still healing.

Thank you for the feedback. It makes me feel better!!