Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Month Band anniversary!

Today has been 1 month since I had my surgery! I am down 24 lbs from the day of my surgery. I just started "regular" foods and feeling pretty good. Its been a hard past few weeks because Iv been so hungry and hardly any restriction and the weight loss has been slow in the past 2 weeks with only 1lb lost. I have my 1st fill scheduled next week. I am basically just doing Weight Watchers right now and hoping I have some restriction with the fill. I havn't had any problems with any food that i have had so far (knock on wood) and Iv tried alot of stuff. I already feel like Iv come a long way and seen progress though, I put on jeans or shorts that I havn't been able to wear in the past year and half and they now fit, my ankels no longer swell and my feet dont look as big and wide, I dont feel bloated anymore and notice I have a lighter bounce to my step and starting to feel better about myself. All this only 1 month out! I know I have a long journey. Im at 277lbs now and my goal is to just get out of the 200's!! Im trying to stay positive and hope everything works out. I still have my worries..like OMG what if I get a bad flu this year and puke so much that my band slips, or what if I forget to chew or something slips and I am in that painful stuck people talk about, what if something else happens to my band? Im selfpay I cant afford another surgery.. but I stay on this website everyday and keep gettin the knowledge and encouragement I need to get by!!! :cursing:

You have a great attitude. You should do very well in terms of getting healthier. Good luck!

Congrats on your progress so far...I was banded a few days before you and I too get my first fill next week!

24 pounds is fantastic weight loss...keep the pounds coming off!

Thanks Mo! Hope your fill goes well too!! I will have to follow up with you!

Happy Anniversary, Nicole!!

24 pounds in a month is FANTASTIC! Way to go. :biggrin:

My surgery was the same day as yours..... I'm happy with a 14 pound loss. Oooooh, and HUNGRY, too!

Counting the days until my first fill.

Yes, Christie! Im sitting here now hungry!! it sucks because I just want to eat..lol....but fighting it...:biggrin:

Congrats on all your success ladies! I was banded on Aug 25. I've been on liquids for the past week and find myself not really wanting to eat. I'm at the point where I've lost my appetite (at least for things I'm allowed to eat). I start purees tomorrow so I'm excited about trying a few new puree recipes.< /p>

I am so pleased you are doing well. Get a flu shot this year! That should ease your mind!

Good for you!

Best wishes,

Today has been 1 month since I had my surgery! I am down 24 lbs from the day of my surgery. I just started "regular" foods and feeling pretty good. Its been a hard past few weeks because Iv been so hungry and hardly any restriction and the weight loss has been slow in the past 2 weeks with only 1lb lost. I have my 1st fill scheduled next week. I am basically just doing Weight Watchers right now and hoping I have some restriction with the fill. I havn't had any problems with any food that i have had so far (knock on wood) and Iv tried alot of stuff. I already feel like Iv come a long way and seen progress though, I put on jeans or shorts that I havn't been able to wear in the past year and half and they now fit, my ankels no longer swell and my feet dont look as big and wide, I dont feel bloated anymore and notice I have a lighter bounce to my step and starting to feel better about myself. All this only 1 month out! I know I have a long journey. Im at 277lbs now and my goal is to just get out of the 200's!! Im trying to stay positive and hope everything works out. I still have my worries..like OMG what if I get a bad flu this year and puke so much that my band slips, or what if I forget to chew or something slips and I am in that painful stuck people talk about, what if something else happens to my band? Im selfpay I cant afford another surgery.. but I stay on this website everyday and keep gettin the knowledge and encouragement I need to get by!!! :biggrin:

Congratulations....you have definitely encouraged me today!

You've done AWESOME Nicole! We were banded the same day...I've only lost about 7 lbs, but I've been eating for 2 weeks. I had lost 11, but within a day or two of eating a few lbs came right back (sodium, I guess). I just had my first fill yesterday. I was supposed to go last Thu, but the doc cancelled.

The needle that they use is HUGE...BUT they numb you with a little shot first so you don't feel anything...It was trippy! I'm supposed to do liquids 2 days, mushies 2 days and then normal food again. I'm HUNGRY! Liquids go right through you so you don't feel very full for long (even with the Protein shake). I'm anxious to get back to real food, but kinda nervous too. There were a couple of times where I got the painful stuck feeling before the adjustment, but each time it only lasted a couple minutes and I was able to get the food down. Now that the passage has been tightened up I'm scared about getting 'stuck'. My cousin in law once had something so stuck that she had to go into the doc to have the band loosened so it could go through...and had to wait a day and a half to do it because it was the weekend! So she didn't eat or drink anything for that time! I can't imagine.

We're all bound to get stuck at some point, but I hope I can just get whatever unstuck without assistance.

I can already tell a bit of difference in myself even though the loss is only 7 lbs. I don't have the pitted edema in my legs near like I used to...my current jeans are looser and I could actually get a slightly older pair on (but man they were TIGHT!)...My boobs actually seem to stick out further than my belly again...LOL...

I'm anxious for us all to see the changes in the coming months!!!

Hi Klisa! I am nervous about my first fill next week..I know what to expect needle wise cause I had a some Fluid removed after surgery that was left in there mistake but iv had no problems with any foods so far, never got stuck either but Im scared once I get the fill all that will change. I hope I am just like I am not but just cant eat as much..I can still chow down but won't let myself!!!

I'm going to call the doc tomorrow to see if they can try my adjustment again. I'm able to have food again and I'm feeling no restriction!