Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Should I Stay or Should I Go"?

I have the option to stay the night post-op or go home.

Any advice?:thumbup:

I have the option to stay the night post-op or go home.

Any advice?:frown:

gracierose: I am.. my doctor requires it just to make sure everything is alright. If you have the option and your insurance covers it.. I would...good luck :thumbup:

Definitely if your insurance covers it, stay. If not, I'd go home. My doctor planned for me to stay but I was up and walking what seemed like miles around the hospital floor so he released me.

I'd stay the one night. I think it definitely helped me.

If I were you I would definitely stay. No doubt. Wish I could have....it's safer and much easier for you. Best wishes, I'm sure all will go well...

If you don't want to stay, force yourself to walk a lot after surgery. It's help's get rid of the gas. Have a liquid pain reliever at home.

I wish I had gone home!!!!! No one ever came to help me go to the bathroom with my IV and they didn't give me pain relievers when it was time and I asked for them.

Mimi

I never had any trouble getting help for bathroom trips. It was'nt until 3:00 in the morning though that I asked "so you are just unplugging this from the wall?" If I had known that I could have just done it myself. They were pumping me full of fluids so I was up like every half hour going to the bathroom. Also my IV was in the crook of my left arm so every time I moved it the alarm went off. I finally realized I could shut that off on my own as well. It was going off every five minutes and waking me up.

Also my room was set up so that I needed to get up on the left side of the bed (again the IV was on the left side) and my port is on the left side. Getting up was hard for me to do. It would have been better if the IV had been on the right side it would have made getting up a lot easier for me.

I don't have the option ... mine requires a one night stay. But I would much rather go home if I had the choice.

I had to stay the night & at first was upset cuz I wanted to go home but was soooooo thankful to stay the night. I was treated like a queen. They not only gave me my meds on time but I had the morhine drip if I needed it. I could not sleep so they offered me something to help me sleep. I was nauseated & they would give me something that wld cut the nausea instantly. I also got heperin injection's in my belly to prevent blood clots (They did not hurt a bit) I had a catherter so no bathroom issues but I was going thru ice chips like they were going out of style & they kept my cup full 24/7 The nursing staff was the best. soooooo I would say stay :cursing: Best of luck & keep us posted