Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Afraid of cosmetic surgery!

I had my banding done in November 2009, down 100 pounds< still have about 30 pounds to goal. I have been working my ass off in the gym,literally!:thumbup:

My belly looks gross- all jelly and floppy but the whole idea of the panniculectomy and Tummy Tuck scares the crap out of me. I would not be able to do it until at least February because off my job and time off. I know I could really use it but it seems like such a risk. Need some encouragement and positive stories- just thinking about the huge incisions and the risk for infection and the pain, I am backing out of even the consultation.

I was so petrified before my first op (Breast reduction and brachioplasty) so scared I had written my will and planned life for my kids etc etc

Afterwards - I had no pain at all and went out to lunch with a friend at 4 days post op

My second Op was Aug 12th - Inverted T Tummy Tuck - Again I had no pain (My muscles could not be done as they were immovable from a hernia mesh a couple of years ago) - Again - I had no pain from it - just a major backache from not being able to stand up straight for a while....

I think Plastic surgery can be very addictive as Op3 is already in my head (thighs and bum need doing eventually) If I had pain I think I would have stopped tho - LOL (I am a wimp)

No matter how scared you are - Think of how you will feel afterwards - Think of the prize that is at the end of it - ''Eyes on the prize'' are the words that were said to me and I still repeat that to myself all the time......

This is the prize...... (Scuze censored bit I was holding it online on a website lol)

Before.....

z213942299.jpg

And at 2 weeks post op.....

z216362744.jpg

I am two weeks and three days post op today.... And I look at the pics as I am still in the compression garment to remind myself of what a wonderous prize that is!

Good luck to you...

I would do any of my surgeries again in a heartbeat. :frown: I've had a Tummy Tuck, boob lift, arms and lower facelift! If I can't get rid of my fatty upper legs so my jeans fit better, I will be getting that taken care of next! :thumbup:

I have before and after pics if you want to check out my album.

Good Luck, Joanie :o)

Like SueHam, I am thinking about my thighs getting worked on and have already had arms, breasts, and simple Tummy Tuck done. I agree with SH about the minimal pain. I just had my under eyes done and they hurt the worst and were the smallest job!!!! Don't live with that jelly belly, you deserve a nice little belly after all your hard work.

Mimi

I would do any of my surgeries again in a heartbeat. :frown: I've had a Tummy Tuck, boob lift, arms and lower facelift! If I can't get rid of my fatty upper legs so my jeans fit better, I will be getting that taken care of next! :thumbup:

I have before and after pics if you want to check out my album.

Good Luck, Joanie :o)

Even though I can't seem to lose much weight even with lapband, I agree, I would give anything to have my flab (especially stomach) removed. Is it very, very expensive? I assume insurance does not cover these procedures.

Even though I can't seem to lose much weight even with LAP-BAND®, I agree, I would give anything to have my flab (especially stomach) removed. Is it very, very expensive? I assume insurance does not cover these procedures.

Let's see...the Tummy Tuck and lift were done at the same time and cost about $10000.

My arms cost me under $4000.

My lower face lift cost $7200.

I had my work done by Dr. Brian Burns in Victoria, Tx...and would recommend his office to anyone.

He did work on my daughter, my cousin and my aunt and they are all happy with the results.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :thumbup:

I was so petrified before my first op (Breast reduction and brachioplasty) so scared I had written my will and planned life for my kids etc etc

Afterwards - I had no pain at all and went out to lunch with a friend at 4 days post op

My second Op was Aug 12th - Inverted T Tummy Tuck - Again I had no pain (My muscles could not be done as they were immovable from a hernia mesh a couple of years ago) - Again - I had no pain from it - just a major backache from not being able to stand up straight for a while....

I think Plastic surgery can be very addictive as Op3 is already in my head (thighs and bum need doing eventually) If I had pain I think I would have stopped tho - LOL (I am a wimp)

No matter how scared you are - Think of how you will feel afterwards - Think of the prize that is at the end of it - ''Eyes on the prize'' are the words that were said to me and I still repeat that to myself all the time......

This is the prize...... (Scuze censored bit I was holding it online on a website lol)

Before.....

z213942299.jpg

And at 2 weeks post op.....

z216362744.jpg

I am two weeks and three days post op today.... And I look at the pics as I am still in the compression garment to remind myself of what a wonderous prize that is!

Good luck to you...

SUE,

HOLY COW!! You look fantastic! I want to have the body lift done but now that I but some weight back on I don't know if I should do it.

WTG!

Ann

Let's see...the Tummy Tuck and lift were done at the same time and cost about $10000.

My arms cost me under $4000.

My lower face lift cost $7200.

I had my work done by Dr. Brian Burns in Victoria, Tx...and would recommend his office to anyone.

He did work on my daughter, my cousin and my aunt and they are all happy with the results.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :)

WOW those prices are GREAT!

I am paying 10,000 for my arms and they want 20,000 for the body lift and 10,000 for my breasts and 10,000 for my thighs:frown:

Thank you!

I am three weeks post op tomorrow - I think I have the dressings removed next Monday - And even with the swelling which I have a bit of - I am still very happy

Edited by SueHam

I'm not 100% sure as to post-op but I am approximately 9st 7lbs (133lbs) now and I was 18st 10lbs (262lbs) at my heaviest....

Hafta run - UK time is diff to US lol

You look amazing. So many people tell me about the pain...you're so lucky. I'm so unsure. I want to do tummy, breasts and I guess I'd need arms. To me, it's about working on dropping the weight (I lost almost 100, had band problems, and now am back on track to get under 200) and being able to get smaller sizes. With the big boobs and belly, size doesn't change much and it's a big downer. But I'm 59 and am worrying about doing surgery. I've never had a problem, but I worry a lot. And if I do my breasts I'll need my arms done or else I'll be buying smaller and the arms won't fit. I'm afraid I'll look like frankenstein! No decisions to make now.Now it's about getting back down to where I was, and beyond.

Thank you for sharing the pictures.

This is my first time posting here, so first I want so say hello. I had lap-band in Decmeber 2007 and have slowly but steadily lost 115 pounds since then, meeting my goal of 130 lbs. but then moving up to hover around 135 lb. mark.

I want/need a Tummy Tuck SO badly, but am terrified of the postop pain. Reading your posts was just what I needed to help me continue on this journey. I've seen one plastic surgeon already and will be seeing him again today to get some clarification on things. I had an appointment yesterday with a second surgeon.

I have to confess that it did me a world of good to hear him say that my arms didn't need any work and that he wouldn't recommend a body lift because I don't have enough excess skin on my back to worry with, that what is there would be addressed with an extended tummy tuck. All the time and money spent at the gym and on a personal trainer are paying off.

I'm going to keep reading and posting because I'm a big wuss and will need lots of motivation to keep me going *LOL*

I got the dressings off last Monday - I am very happy :-)

I used to look VERY weird when i leant forward because of the awful amount of skin...

And now (This Monday)

I look like this......

s216657407.jpg

Scuze fuzziness - Evil camera.........

Wow, you look GREAT! I am going in for my first appt. with plastic surgeon next Tuesday. It will be self pay, kind of scared on the prices, don't have a clue on what a TT cost???? Had breast reduction done about 25 years ago and loved the results, wish I had it done in high school. Wish me luck on this journey.....