Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help! I'm Stalled!!

I have been stalled at 300 pounds for nearly 3 months! I know that I fell off the bandwagon a few times, well actually more than a few times...but I feel like I am working harder with the band than I did without it.

I had my surgery Feb 8, 2010. My starting weight was 357. So I've lost. But I am getting frustrated because I feel I should be so much farther now.

Could someone tell me what they are eating...needing some guidance.

Plateaus are normal but it seems like yours has been going on for awhile. If you've fallen off the wagon, start back from the beginning. Go back to counting your calories for a few weeks. See what levels you need to be at. Stick to no more than one cup of food a meal. Remember to really try to get in your Protein. Start exercising again.

Hey - we have the same banded date! :o

How are your fills going?

Everybody in here have different instructions concerning diet. I am ten months out and my Dr still insist that 4oz or a half a cup per meal should be my norm.(Focus on protien) It works I am allowed to lightly snack between meals. My physical activity has to be in place 3x weekly,30 mins walking in the pool. You can do this !

Talk with Dr or Nutrinist about tweeking your diet

Your weightloss is good. You should only expect 1-2 pounds a week. 57 pounds in 6.5 months is great. Excersise will really help. Start off slow and gradually increase the duration/intensity. Get back to eating properly, a few days of liquid (protien shakes) may help get rid of your cravings for carbs. Good luck!

I've been playing around with them for a few months... I've had 3 fills and 2 unfills...so I'm not sure what's up! :-)

How about you.

I actually think you are doing quite well. Weight loss with the band is a slow process. Just think at the rate you are losing...you will have lost 100 lbs. give or take within a years time. That is progress!!!! Be proud of yourself! :o

It's really normal to stall after a significant loss like yours. The tricky part is convincing yourself that, despite the uncooperative scale, your body really IS changing---and that you need to stay on the wagon and tough it out until the scale starts cooperating again.

To help you through the next plateau, you might want to start taking body measurements, if you're not already doing so. That way, when you hit a spot where things don't seem to be happening for you, you can measure again, and have concrete evidence of your progress.

You might also want to phase out the off-the-wagon episodes. They aren't helping you achieve your goal; they're just reinforcing old messages in your head. You know, the "I always lose--then regain," or, "See? No matter what I do, the scale doesn't budge!" messages.

But those messages are no longer true. If you do what you need to do to support loss, you will lose. You likely will encounter stalls and rough patches---but you will get through them, and you will lose.

Are you exercising? Exercising is so important. Are you burning more calories than you consume?

All of the responses are great! The problem is I do exercise, but I don't do it consistently. I try, but I always get wrapped up doing something else. I really don't know what to do once I get to the gym...does anyone have any exercise pointers or workout routines that have been successful.

All of the responses are great! The problem is I do exercise, but I don't do it consistently. I try, but I always get wrapped up doing something else. I really don't know what to do once I get to the gym...does anyone have any exercise pointers or workout routines that have been successful.

If you have the money, invest in a personal trainer. Heck, I don't have the money and I did it anyway. When I'm not with my personal trainer, I do cardio. I do 15 minutes on the treadmill, 15 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes on the bike, and 15 minutes on the bike thingie that you sit on. In all, it's an hour of cardio. It hardly feels like it though.

For me I keep the exercise simple at the gym. I basically use the treadmill or elliptical for 30-60 minutes depending on my time and stamina. There is a weight circuit set up which I do as well. When I first started using the gym I got a few sessions with a trainer and learned how to use everything.

As far as getting exercise in I set a goal in minutes each week. When I make my goal I increase it by five minutes the next week. I sneak in fifteen minutes in the morning by TiVoing a PBS show that focus on stretching and toning different muscle groups- those 15 minutes add up over the week. Then if I can't get to the gym I walk at work or my sons football practice. I also have Wii Fit Plus and some videos that I use- the Biggest Loser ones are my favorite because for the most part they are exercises a big gal can actually do- not the crazy latin salsa dance stuff that has me falling on my face.....

Anyhoo congrats on all that you have lost already!

If you have the money, invest in a personal trainer. Heck, I don't have the money and I did it anyway. When I'm not with my personal trainer, I do cardio. I do 15 minutes on the treadmill, 15 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes on the bike, and 15 minutes on the bike thingie that you sit on. In all, it's an hour of cardio. It hardly feels like it though.

Oh I like that idea of breaking it up!

I would think about joining Curves. Even if you go for one night just to check them out. Usually they will let you do that for free. If you already belong to a gym and can't get out of the membership. If you go to Curves and go through one of their circuits you could mentally write down what equipment they have and use those same machines at the gym. At Curves it's only a 30 minute circuit and I usually burn 250 to 300 calories in that time period.

Which, ok that's not a big amount of calories, but considering that if we are to only get around 900 calories a day that is burning all but one entire meal of calories a day. Plus walking for 30 minutes a day and I've lost 41 inches since April.

I was banded in May 2010, highest weight 347 and now I'm at 295. It helps just to think forward motion. And if you're busy, just make time. Get up 1/2 hr earlier and go for that walk. Walk around the outside of your house, it's free, and it will only cost you 30 minutes a day. Do 15 minutes in the AM and 15 in the PM at first every day, then increase from there.

you're doing great we all understand!u didnt gain all at once u can lose all at once.i was banded 12/08.my wt when diagnosed with diabetes 6 yrs ago was 254lbs i am 5'2. i have now been off my med 8months i went from a size 18/20 now a 8/10.still working. iwas told by a sales cleks this week that i was small and petite. i asked her whose eyes she was using(smile).keep up thegood work