Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many of you drink coffee?

I do and before surgery I would drink 3 good size cups of every morning. Now I'm drinking just one cup a day and I'm finding that's all I really need. My surgeon says coffee is fine but I know some are totally against it.

How many of you still drink it daily?

I drink about 5 mugs a day plus 4 mugs of tea.....I tell myself I am drinking to obtain the good anti oxidents, LOL!!!!

Mimi

LOL! How do you drink all that? What I mean is I was told that once I get restriction I probably wouldn't be able to continue drinking my 3 cups a day. So are you able to drink that much without it interfering with your eating?

I switched to Decaf, .............only post 2 days so this is my first one, it was nice to be able to get up and fix it an sit an relax, back to a little normal routine

I started drinking decafe about a week after surgery, but am back to drinking lite caffeine coffee and drink 1 sometimes 2 cups a day.

I have 2 cups of hot regular coffee then wait 1/2 hour have my Breakfast wait one hour then have a large 32 oz Decaf halzelnut ice coffee 2 splendas no milk, finish 1/2 before lunch then one hour after lunch I repeat the 32 oz ice decaf ice coffee. THATS ALOT OF COFFEE!!! My doc is fine with coffee as long as its decaf!

I used to drink 4-5 cups a day(preop) now it's 2-3. I am pretty tight in the morning so I have to take it slow. My nut. is fine with coffee.< /p>

1 cup regular (with fat free, sugar free creamer) early early in the morning and it takes about an hour to drink it down.

Caffeine has never been good for your health even before we got Band'd. (?) You know what I mean. I think it's more of a healthy choice after surgery. Why put myself through all of this if I'm not going to make good choices? That's kinda been my thinking after surgery. I'm down to about 3 oz of caffeine with my decaffeinated. 1 cup in the am.

I don't--my doctor okays it after 6 months, but I decaffeinated myself before surgery, and have felt really good, so I didn't start back up with it. I do occasionally have caffeinated tea, but not often.

You mentioned that you were worried about being able to get fluids in when you have restriction. I have good restriction now, and can still drink very freely. Not tiny sips, but drinking. Clear liquids move through the stoma rapidly. Immediately after a fill, I have to stop after every few ounces and wait a minute or so if I want to drink more. But most of the time, I can very freely drink.

I pretty much have given it up. I LOVE coffee, but have only had it once post op when I thought it would help me go to the bathroom (it didn't). I normally drink one cup a day and hopefully I'll be able to go back to that. I don't drink it for the caffeine, I truly like taking the time and drinking a cup of coffee, whether it's Decaf or regular! In the fall, I really enjoy Dunkin Donuts cinnamon coffee but this year, I'll skip the pumpkin muffins! :o

i was always a big coffee drinker -- but now i just have 2 cups in the morning and sometimes another late afternoon. i've had no problems whatsoever drinking reg or Decaf coffee. as others have said, liquids go down pretty easily. i think drinking the hot stuff in the morning also helps to loosen up the band. i can never eat before the coffee.

I did not start back drinking coffee until two weeks post-op. I start off my day with one cup of regular coffee. However I never finish it and wind up throwing it out. So I probably do a half a cup a day. My nutritionsit has no problem with it as long as I limit it to one cup.

I do n I didnt even know you cant drink coffee. Why cant u drink coffee?

I love coffee and so I still drink it. It's either one of two options for me:

Hot Coffee at home, that I make, about 2 measured cups worth. I like it with cream, 2 splendas, and a splash of coffee-mate's pepperment mocha flavored cream.

Or, I get a medium iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts with cream, 3 splendas and extra ice - but I don't ever drink from a straw.

Coffee is so good! Yum. This process or journey rather, is lifelong, I think you can enjoy certain beverages or foods that you always did - but within limits.