Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey i am a 31 year old mother of 4 children. 5'7 280lbs and am very depressed. I was doing my 6 months with 3 months done last year when i found out i was pregnant (oops) don't get me wrong i love her to death and wouldn't change getting pregnant with her at all. I just fill aweful i weighed 268 when i got pregnant with her and just this little 12 lbs more feels like alot more on my body. She is 5 months old i am breastfeeding her and am wanting to start the process again sometime in the next month so when i wean her in 6 months or so i will be fully ready to get the lapband. i feel very sad when i think about having to wait that long because i am so ready to get it, i just need to nurse her until she is at least 12 months old, its healthier for her and with 4 kids its so much cheaper than buying formula. Anyways thats my story or part of it. anyone else banded with similar weight and height and age i would love to hear from you.

Well, I'm a bit (okay, more than a bit) older than you--46 soon to be 47, but am about the same height--5'6" and weight--295:scared2:. I admire your tenacity to get the lapband as well as making sure your children are healthy. The wait can be frustrating (I'm in a three month process, after which the paperwork will be submitted to insurance for approval). Even though my wait won't be as long, I still want it done yesterday. Hang in there--it will happen before you know it. And congratulations on having such a wonderful family!:o

thanks for the reply, i know what you mean by wanting it done yesterday. i cant wait to be able to do more with my children and i know i will want and be able to once i get this weight off. i cant wait to have my life back! to look as i once did and be able to do the things i want to do but my weight restricts me from doing. I am tired of the yo yo dieting and ready to have this tool to help me get this weight off and KEEP IT OFF.

I'm 28 years old 5'3" And 240 so we have about the same bmi. I too am nursing my daughter and will have to wait 6 months to get the surgery. I know how frustratingly long those six months feel! Feel free to drop me a message any time if you need to talk to someone, ok? We're going to get there!

yeah, i told my husband i am going to start the process again sometime the next month that way when i wean my daughter sometime after she is 1 year old i will be ready to get the lap band. He is ready for me to get it too to have the women he married back, although he is to good of a man to say that i know he feels that way. He has been so good to me he says he loves me the way i am but wants it for me because he knows i feel aweful being this obese. ive been overweight for 10 years just about 60 lbs overweight most years until 3 years ago and my weight has gone up 60 more pounds so im 120+ overweight. my ultimate goal would be 145 but would be happy 160. how about you?

yeah, i told my husband i am going to start the process again sometime the next month that way when i wean my daughter sometime after she is 1 year old i will be ready to get the LAP-BAND®. He is ready for me to get it too to have the women he married back, although he is to good of a man to say that i know he feels that way. He has been so good to me he says he loves me the way i am but wants it for me because he knows i feel aweful being this obese. ive been overweight for 10 years just about 60 lbs overweight most years until 3 years ago and my weight has gone up 60 more pounds so im 120+ overweight. my ultimate goal would be 145 but would be happy 160. how about you?

Our stories are pretty similar. My fiance tells me the same thing no matter what I look like he'll always love me for who I am so he'll always find me beautiful. And you know what his praise and support is the biggest motivator for me to lose the weight because I love him so much I want him to feel proud of me! I've always been chubby ever since I was a child but in my adult years I started steadily gaining more and more and i had quit smoking just before I got pregnant and gained a LOT of weight in a short period of time. I remember the first time I did my bmi and it said "morbidly obese" I was devastated. I would like to be down to about 130 but with the weight of excess skin added to the final total I'm not quite sure about the number. I think I'd love to be a size six though. That would be ideal.

i was skinny size 5 all through school had my first child when i was 19 gained alot of weight with the pregnancy just a few pounds under 200. lost it all! became pregnant again a little over a year later gained the same amount but breastfed her and gained 15lbs on top of my pregnancy weight. top weight didn't go over 210 for the next 7 years weight was up and down. then me and my husband decided to have another child i gained 38 pounds breast fed yo yo dieted where i lost then gained back and then some until i was 268 when i looked into lapband got pregnant again now im at my highest weight 280. i always say and i thought i was big then. i never imagined i would be this big. sorry for the long story of my life. just wanted to explain part of how i got here.