Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had surgery Aug 9, exactly 2 weeks and 1 day ago. I was feeling restriction untill last Sunday, when i was able to eat alot more without restriction. I went for my first fill today and the doctor put in 2 ccs. I was supposed to be on liquids after, but i did not comply, because i was hungry, so i ate soft foods. I still do not have any restriction and i can eat several cups of food easily. I am very discouraged. I also gained back 3 pounds. Has anyone experienced this? I need some encouragement.

It can take several fills to reach good restriction. For me, it took 7 CCs in a 10 CC band. Everybody is different.

On the other hand, sometimes you might feel nothing right after a fill, then have some swelling a day or two later. So be careful and chew very thoroughly. (I found this out the hard way -- yuck.)

Until you have restriction, just focus on good nutrition and exercise, and don't worry about the scale. That part will come when your band is actually working.

Hang in there -- it's worth all the patience and effort.

My encouragement is to call you doc. He/She works for you and if the fill didn't work for you then give the doc a call.

On the flip side, I think you are lucky to already have a fill! I was banded 8/11 and got REAL hungry around Day8/9. I gave up and started eating...yogurt and stuff first but then moved up to the big time. Nothing crazy or anything but believe me I understand the hunger.

I'm a little more sensible about it now and I do see that I have four or five hours between meals with no hunger so I know everything's working, but I guess I'm just saying I'm jealous of you already starting your fills!

Just got banded Aug 16, 2010. Just started week 2 full liquids which still is bad because I am getting hungry. I feel like I'm healing good. I could actually drink a Protein Drink that is thicker than the pre-made drinks, actually almost milkshake thickness. Anyways, PLEASE, does anyone have full liquid reccomendations.??

And just to look forward to something., how about week #3 meal plans. What are or what did you do for this week? I was thinking of adding scrambled eggs, maybe with lean turkey slices chopped? Help me out here with some feed back please. Or mashed or baked potato is that possible?

Hi there,

I'm experiencing exactly the same thing. I was banded July 29th, and get my first fill this coming Monday. About a week postop I started getting starving, and since then I have been on solid food. I too can eat several cups of food a day and still I am feeling hungry. Also, I have put on weight! I've put on 2kgs since surgery (I think thats's about 4 pounds). I think it's quite normal to not feel restriction, apparently every body has a different point for that and you just have to wait till you find it. I am hoping for me the weight loss will start again after my fill on Monday, but right now I am just to hungry to limit my intake.

Hope this helps!

Just got banded Aug 16, 2010. Just started week 2 full liquids which still is bad because I am getting hungry. I feel like I'm healing good. I could actually drink a Protein drink that is thicker than the pre-made drinks, actually almost milkshake thickness. Anyways, PLEASE, does anyone have full liquid reccomendations.??

And just to look forward to something., how about week #3 meal plans. What are or what did you do for this week? I was thinking of adding scrambled eggs, maybe with lean turkey slices chopped? Help me out here with some feed back please. Or mashed or baked potato is that possible?

I was banded the same day as you. Since Friday I have been eating thin grits, soft scrambled egg, egg drop Soup, & mashed potatoes. When I eat its only a SMALL amount and I take about 15-20 minutes to get it down. My Dr approved this because I got a UTI from dehydration and needed something in my belly to take antiobiotics. I have had no problems eating so far. Today I woke up starving and this hungry feeling has kept coming back as my pouch emptied. Good Luck!