Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its Winter Time!

paula

Look people - I know most of you live in the northern states (Kelly, Alexandra, Pat, Vines - to name a few) and you are used to this cold stuff. Yesterday the high for this area was 47, the low was 31. BRRRRRRRRR.

Here in south SOUTH extreme SOUTH Louisiana, this is considered C O L D. Today its cloudy, high expected to be 50 (wow, heat wave).

Is just too cold for this crazy coon ass to even get out of the house for some Christmas shopping!!

How do you people up there handle this cold stuff????????

It was 21 when I left the house this morning. Not fun. :(

I handle it by dashing out 15 minutes before we have to leave and turning on the car. Someday I may invest in a remote starter. :(

Indoors, lots of blankets, sweaters, and cuddling. We can't afford to crank the heat the way I'd want to these days. :rolleyes

Paula they are saying it is going to get to 19 here! It is cold already! I guess I will just have to haul out my big heavy comforter, grab a nice hot cup of tea, sit in my recliner and don't go outside! :(:(:(

It is raining here now, then we are supposed to get freezing rain, sleet, and 1-3 inches of snow!

I live a few miles from Alexandra and I agree its not fun. Lots of sweaters, a fire in the fireplace, my remote starter is a blessing. I would be a pop sicle without it. But I love having all 4 seasons and love both the extreme cold as well as the hot days of summer.

this is only the beginning for us, January and Feb. we get into the singe digits and wind chills of -0.

Before my weight loss I never had to button up my coat I was always warm even sweating in freezing temps when I was 105 lbs heavier and now the cold gets to me a bit more, not the same insulation I was acustomed to... oh well I'd rather be cold and thin & healthy than big unhealthy and too hot.

A nice warm cup of tea helps warm me up too. Hubby wont let me crank the heat this year it's set to 68. Personally I think we could afford to do 72 but I think he wants me to snuggle with him :( amongst other things..

Good luck at keeping warm :(

right now it is -7 degrees. Lastnight I didn't walk to my bellydance class, as usual, since ti was about 12 degrees and the cold seered my lungs like fire. I had to pry open my car door because it had frozen shut.

Okay, I have been living in my long silk underwear. I wash my hair when there is plenty of time to dry it (I have curly hair and don't use a blowdryer on it.) and the key to staying warm is to layer. But at least you don't have to worry about crossing parking lots that are coved in 3 inches of ice.

I have to go find a scarf

we dont have a fireplace :( only natural gas/furnace. And with the recent hurricanes, our natural gas bill tripled in price last month - and that was without any REAL cold weather.

Are you guys also "sharing" in the increase of electric/gas prices? *phew* that alone should warm me up!!!

Cold out here today, was 20 this AM (pretty cold for Northern VA). I'm originally from western PA, so this feels like the fall to me. heh heh heh

The only thing that goes in my fireplace are Duraflame logs. I hate the mess and cleanup. I only use it for ambience.

I've got plenty of quilts for the ready, and spent a lot of this past summer insulating and caulking my house to seal up leaks and improve efficiency. I also added a new humidifier to my furnace (moist air holds heat longer). All in all, not too bad, and the furnace isn't running non-stop.

I think I just tolerate the cold, I've never really gotten used to it. I still am not the fondest of the sub zero temps, but I have learned to layer those clothes and wear those gloves!

The warm tea/drinks are always nice after a long night at work, and a warm blankie never hurts either!

I'm in NW Missouri, my car thermometer showed a whopping 12 degreed when I got to work this morning. Since then it has been snowing non-stop and the roads are already covered. Fortunately I can in the building or from home, and so can DH with his job, so I think I'll be packing up my laptop and heading out in about an hour.

I was born and raised in southern California and I DON'T LIKE THIS CRAP!

We've got sleet/snow showers here in N. Texas. I just had to go pick up my DD, because they closed her school. I was home today because I have a sinus infection. Somebody up there just does not want me to have a day of rest!

Still, it's exciting for here. Those of you up north who are vastly more experienced with ice and slick roads laugh yourselves silly at us inexperienced Southerners...I know you do! And with good reason. People drive like idiots, and there are all kinds of wrecks due to it. A slick thin covering of ice shut us down for days! (quit laughing!) Cindy

Nana your dip sounds yummy!

Paula - Yes, the electric bills are awful! I don't even want to see mine this month.

Cindy - I am originally from up North, so I am use to driving on the ice and snow. But, I won't get on them because I know the people down here doesn't know how to drive on them, heck they have trouble when it rains! lol

All kidding aside, it is really scary to be on the roads here when it gets bad. I am glad I am home!

heh heh heh heh heh In Seattle we don't generally get a lot of cold and snow, maybe a couple of inches a year. Every 7 or 10 years or so we get a heavy snowfall.

But even with a couple of inches the news cracks me up.. The TV news people well be all "STORMWATCH <insert year here>" dun dun dun! I was almost run over Wednesday by some idiot who was speeding and not mindful that the roads were covered in snow and ice. If there had been cars parked on the curbs he would have taken them out because he went through the intersection SIDEWAYES.

You haven't seen bad drivers till you've been in the Washington DC area.

We have the worst drivers in the world. They panic for snow flurries, rain, fog, sunlight, darkness, etc.

21 degrees, -7 degrees, 12 degrees.... you folks are nuts for living in the extreme cold. Thats eskimo conditions!

And Alexra, snuggling and cuddling around my house isnt so romantic! We have 3 bumble bee's buzzing around us at ALL times. So forget it~ guess we'll just have to bundle up and start piling on the layers. :)

BBBBrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... and its fixing to get worst out there!

There once was a man of Quebec

Who was buried in snow to his neck

When they asked "Are you frizz?"

He replied "Yes, I is.

And this ain't even cold for Quebec!"

It was 8 degrees here this morning. I could hear the Kee Birds singing all over the neighborhood. They were singing "Keeeeeeeee ripes! It's cold!"