Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three days post surgery, and I'm freaking out...

I was banded on the 13th. I was really nauseous for the first two or three days, too. I found that I was fine as long as I was still, but once I began to move around, the vomiting would start again. I tried to make sure I got my fluids in (room temp or slightly warm). I slept in a (mostly) sitting position for the first two nights. By the third day, I was off the pain meds, but still would vomit if I moved in a certain way. I don't know if it was from the anesthesia or from the band around the tummy, but that finally went by day 4 or 5. Hang in there, you are still healing. It will get better. Just be sure to do exactly as your doctor says.

I was banded on the 13th. I was really nauseous for the first two or three days, too. I found that I was fine as long as I was still, but once I began to move around, the vomiting would start again. I tried to make sure I got my fluids in (room temp or slightly warm). I slept in a (mostly) sitting position for the first two nights. By the third day, I was off the pain meds, but still would vomit if I moved in a certain way. I don't know if it was from the anesthesia or from the band around the tummy, but that finally went by day 4 or 5. Hang in there, you are still healing. It will get better. Just be sure to do exactly as your doctor says.

CLOHSE, so it just went away? I think my nausea is a reaction to the anesthesia because right after the surgery the regurgitations of Fluid started already even if i haven't eaten/drank anything... I woke up this morning and i vomitted the yogurt i ate last night... I can't take it anymore... :confused: help me.. I am now using a hot compress on my tummy, it makes me have stinging pains making me realize i have no food whatsoever in my tummy... I am at a loss... as for seeing my doctor this am i dont know if i can even drive to the hospital in my condition...

Ihave been banded for 2 weeks. The first 8 days were filled with feeling like I was going to throw-up. I finally couldn't take it anymore and called my doctor and he gave me something for it. I don't know why I didn't call earlier. The first week was terrible. This second week has been better. YOu should call your doctor and TELL them you want something. They just called in a perscription for me.

I had my surgery done the same day as you (8/19) and i hope you feel better soon! In the hospital they gave me a ton of dilaudid and that made me feel nauseous and to take home they have me liquid hydrocodone which helps..doesnt make me feel too drugged, but still helps with the pain from the incision sites and the gases. Fortunately, I have been able to keep down my level one Clear Liquids, and if you are having serious issues, i would not let off my doctor until you get some positive results! We're all here for each other on this site, so keep us all informed! Feel better!! :confused:

Yes, it gradually just went away for me. I did have medicine from my doc to take, though. He sent me home from the hospital with 3 meds, an antibiotic, an anti-nausea and a pain med. I agree with the previous posters that say to call your doctor and insist on him calling a prescription in for you.

Are you taking prescription pain meds? I found that taking them made me completely nauseated and as soon as I stopped and switched to liquid tylonol I was fine.

Thanks to all of you for your replies! I actually did feel a little better today than yesterday, tried to get some liquid Protein down and it worked. I have been using some anti-nausea meds, but they don't seem to be working too well. I took myself off the pain meds yesterday just to see if I could do without them and the pain wasn't bad at all.

weight.png

Edited by MediaGurl

Hi all, I just got banded on 8/20 also, it was such a quick thing for me. I;m still bloated, but doing better. I told my anesthesiologist that I get nauseus (sp) after being put to sleep, so they put stuff in there at the very beginning. I did have 1 night fighting that sick feeling, but feel tons better today. broth, Jello, and Tomato Soup are my friends. And coffee love my coffee!!!

I hope you feel better.

I had my surgery on the 17th and also a hiatal hernie repair. I honestly think it is the hernia repair as the pain radiating to my left shoulder (hernia repair pain) was the worst. I am starting to feel better now but also have a ton of gas. I am lactose intolerant so using Lactaid is helping as is GasX. I find laying on my right side to be the best way to get rid of it. I also thought I would "bounce back" quicker and am frustrated from being tired but not able to nap. I think I am just bored. I also gained back six of the presurgery pounds I had lost as soon as I started eating. When I feel lousy though I am forcing myself to walk and that seems to help. There is Children's chewable Gravol in Canada and that works for nausea although I don't take it. Mostly I am having trouble with figuring out if I am hungry. I am eating when I think I should but with all the gas or because I haven't been hungry in a long time, I am not really sure if I am hungry. Today is gassy but better. I have had 2nd thoughts too but what's done is done and we just need to move forward with the belief that it will get better every day and the best is yet to come. How many pounds did people lose during the 4 weeks of healing?

I got banded 8/10/10. I went through the same things you did. I was nauseated for about 1 week. I'm not the type to take in just liquids which made me sick to my stomach. Hang in there it gets better. I'm getting ready to start eating soft foods in which i'm looking forward to. I think that the first few weeks are the hardest but look at what the results will be in the future and it will all be worth it in the end.