Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Installed AND Turned On - FIRST FILL!

Got my first fill today. Nutritionist said "We installed the band 24 days ago, but today we turn it on." Excited. Got 4ccs, which I hear is a little aggressive. liquid going down - feeling good.

Anyone else able to feel the tubing move inside of them during a fill? Little freaky... no pain though, doc went in blind with no numbing...but darn, shouldn't he know where my port is? He put it in afterall!!!

I put some other observations on my blog

A Lead Singer

WOO HOO! Congrats! I can't wait for my 1st fill, I'm scheduled for 9/3. Best of luck going forward with your journey!

Today was my first fill as well! I was nervous but, it was no problem at all. No pain at all either. My doc put a little less than 3cc's in my 14cc AP Large band under fluoroscopy. I feel great and I am excited! I have lost 22 lbs. since June 28, 2010 with my surgery having took place on July 8, 2010. I can't wait to see how much I lose now that I have some restriction! Good luck to you on your journey! Add me and we can be fill buddies! =) My next appointment is September 28, 2010.

Today was my first fill as well! I was nervous but, it was no problem at all. No pain at all either. My doc put a little less than 3cc's in my 14cc AP Large band under fluoroscopy. I feel great and I am excited! I have lost 22 lbs. since June 28, 2010 with my surgery having took place on July 8, 2010. I can't wait to see how much I lose now that I have some restriction! Good luck to you on your journey! Add me and we can be fill buddies! =) My next appointment is September 28, 2010.

How are you feeling today? I can feel the tightness without even drinking something - is that in my head???

Got my first fill today. Nutritionist said "We installed the band 24 days ago, but today we turn it on." Excited. Got 4ccs, which I hear is a little aggressive. Liquid going down - feeling good.

Anyone else able to feel the tubing move inside of them during a fill? Little freaky... no pain though, doc went in blind with no numbing...but darn, shouldn't he know where my port is? He put it in afterall!!!

I put some other observations on my blog

A Lead Singer

yaaaaaay ... very excited for you. I cant get in to see Dr. Ren until September 15th. I can not wait to hear about your continued success !

It may not be in your head. Some people have some swelling when they have a fill. My doc has me do liquids for the rest of the day when I get one.

I am scheduled for my first fill on next Thursday. I sure hope that it does not hurt.

Molly, I am excited and jealous for you and your fill!! I don't get mine for another 2 weeks and change but look forward to hearing how you progress now that its "on".

When do you go back for your next fill?

Yay, Molly!!! I had my first one last Monday :biggrin: I must say, I feel pretty much the same, except that I gurgle any time I drink something now! I think I may slightly feel something...I ate some chicken salad and could just tell I needed to take smaller, slower bites. Nothing was really "stuck" but I kinda 'felt' it. I didn't go back to regular food until the 4th day. Anywhoo...like your nurse said, "turned on" is a good analogy. Just getting the real process started is exciting. I am finally cooking for my family again. I was very selfish the first month after surgery and just felt like I needed to focus on MY meals, not everyone elses. My husband travels M-F so it was just me and the kids. They were happy with all the take out and convenience foods I gave them :smile: Tonight I made a great shrimp Pasta dish with caesar salad and sat in the dining room with my family. It was so nice! I cooked some broccli as well. I had shrimp broccli, a tini bit of pasta and a small piece of bread (all of which I could eat with no problem). I was too full for my salad (which I'm soooo glad I can eat again!). I hardly had anything else to eat today in anticipation for the first real meal with my family again!

Molly & Rachel ~ Congrats on your 1st fills. Im getting closer....10 days away & cant wait. Glad to hear it was a pleasant experience for you both. Keep us posted how much restriction you feel.

2beskinny~ Happy you're doing so good after your fill. Glad you enjoyed your family dinner. Im sure it was a happy occasion for the whole family.

Wishing everyone a Healthy & Happy weekend :biggrin: