Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many cc's do you have?

I was just wondering for those who have reached your sweet spot, how many cc's did it take to get you to the green zone? :w00t:

I just got my first fill on Thursday and I am currently 4.8cc on a 10cc max. band. My Dr. said I should be reaching the green zone soon but I still feel that I can eat a lot.

Thanks so much for replying!:)

Claudia

I currently have 5cc in a 10 cc band and feel like I am very close to good restriction.

I had 5cc in a 10cc band. I thought I was almost there but still eating too much. I got a .5 cc fill. Took it over the top, couldn't even keep Water down in the am, no solid foods for three weeks. still lost 3 pounds during that three weeks. Went in had .25 cc taken out. 3 more weeks I can get liquids down no problem, but food is troublesome and I cna only get about three bites before I start sliming and get stuck. Lost no weight. Saw the Dr. not the PA. He removed .5 cc. I now can eat way too much from my perspective, but I am losing weight so I can't complain. I may have .25 added when I go back since I am able to fit in 4 ounces of chicken, half a cup of cooked veggies and a cup of salad at dinner. I have no hunger between meals.

That makes me 4.75cc in 10cc band, but I think I should be at 5 or just a bit higher than 5. However if I am losing weight, not hungry between meals, etc. when I go on Sept. 1, I will not get a fill.

At one point I was up to 8.5cc but was pb'ing and sliming at almost every meal. They took it down to 8 but still had a lot of sliming. So I had them take it down to 6cc and I'll work my way up again. Somewhere I passed my sweet spot before because I didn't know what I was looking for. So my sweet spot will be somewhere between 6 and 8cc in a 12cc band.

Hi Ms_C,

I have an 11cc band and I have 8.4cc in it currently. It was a little too tight at first, but I chose not to have an unfill. Glad I did not. My last fill was 4.16.10 and it's perfect! :)

I have 7cc's in a 10 cc band. I was banded in April of 2008 and my original surgeon wouldnt give me a fill in the office (long story).

I had to find a new doc and didnt get my first fill until 6 months after my surgery.

My new doc is very conservative with his fills and only gives .5 every 6 weeks. My last fill was in April of 2010 and was finally at my sweet spot. In the last few weeks i've noticed that I can eat more and less gets stuck. I have an appointment on August 20th, and I hope I can talk him into a .25cc fill!

I discussed it with my doctor and I don't want to know what is in there. I have a 10cc band, but I want my restriction to be something I..."feel" . The fill amount is just another number to think about. If I lose weight and can eat does it really matter what is in there? One person is good with 5cc another with 3cc...everybody is different and you really can't assign any value to the fill rate. My doctor performs the fill under fluro, to the degree his experience tells him might enhance the effectiveness of my band and I work with it for awhile. I like this approach. I'm down 52 pounds. I feel great.

Everyone's sweet spot is very different. I have a 10 cc band and at one point I was at 4.8 cc which was too tight. They actually had to take out all the fill because it was too tight and I got sick. They started filling it back again and this is my 3rd fill and I only have 2.8 cc. I don't have a lot of restriction, but I am starting to feel it.

After my surgery, I has 3.5 ccs. So according to my nurse, they started with a high amount so now they after they took out all the fill, they are refilling it back very slow. So, I guess 4.8 was too tight so I still have to find my sweet spot. I'm thinking I still need about two more fills before they find it.

I have stopped loosing weight due to this. However, I'm back on track!!!!

WOW...maybe something wrong with mine.....I got banded in Dec...1st fill 2 CC's....2nd fill 1 more CC 3rd fill 1/2 CC at 3.5 CC's had bad heartburn took 2 CC'sl out for 3 weeks.....Got 1 CC Fill...was good for 1 month...had heartburn again....took all out for 7 weeks and treated me for esophogitis ...went back and stomach would only handle 1 CC. Lost total 80 lbs total since December.....30 since last fill in June on 1 CC.....I really dont eat much.....do I have a weak stomach or sound funny?

Wow, well at least you are loosing weight. I have lost 30 lbs. so far since my surgery. I have 35lbs. more to go. My nurse told me that my body was just more sensitive than others. I do need a little bit more restriction though so that I can start loosing more weight!!!

Banded on May 25th, I now have 8cc. I am very close to the sweeet spot. If I eat too fast, I pb. But If I eat slow, I can eat too much. In fact, I think I gained a few lbs in the past month. I go for a fill tomorrow. I am a little nervous about how much to get.

Wow, 8cc! At 4.8cc's I couldn't eat anything. I was even having trouble with liquids. My doctor is not putting more than that again. Im thinking my sweet spot is at 4.3-4.5 cc's. We'll see!!!

I was banded in April 2010 w a 14 cc band, I had my first fill in June of 6cc and a fill this past week of 2.2cc for a total of 8.2cc. I have lost 45 lbs to date but this restriction is really noticeable.