Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wished PB stood for Peanut butter.

Had my first serious wont go down and ready or not I'm coming back up. That really sucked!

I know its all from eating toooo fast, I chew the stuff death but since I was a wee lad it has been speed eating. My tonsils must have thought it was an Indy car race going by.

I am on week 4 and eating solids but small and chew chew chew. I just cant get the hang of eating it slow. I know I will be in real trouble when I get my first fill. Right now it's only the band itself. which according to my doc is pretty significant compared to nothing even with no saline. but after the fills....

It's a process I know but teaching an old dog new tricks is well really hard.

Ack...sorry you had to go through this. Im dreading my first PB episode.

Your thread title made me chuckle! I have not had a PB - I'm 3 weeks out today. I feel like I could eat anything I wanted as fast as I wanted and it would not really matter. I'm trying to stick to the new habits, but sometimes I forget, panic for a second when I realized how big of a bite I just swallowed, then it's all fine. One good way to look at it though...you must be having SOME restriction if you actually PB'd...lucky for you! I don't think I have any restriction (although I don't have a lot of strong hunger and I'm sticking to 1100 cals. or so fairly easily) and I am looking forward to my first fill next Monday (exactly 4 weeks). I'm just not dropping the lbs. like I had hoped. I have been on diets pre-band and lost more in three weeks than I have this past three weeks (6 pounds since surgery). I'm not complaining too much...anything is good...it just feels soooo painfully slow. I keep wondering if I up my cals to 1300 if I would lose faster, but I'm afraid to try. The first week after surgery when I could hardly consume any cals., I only lost one pound. I keep thinking maybe I'm one of the ones who has to eat more to lose...then I think I'm just hoping that would be the case :(. I'm trying to change my expectations of getting through the first 2-3 months without gaining my pre-op loss (16 pounds) back!

How's everything else going for you? Feeling good? I feel great. I'm going to call my doc's office and ask if I can play golf on Friday (I miss my golf!). They said not till 4 weeks, but there is a couple outing I want to go to so I'm going to ask for a few days grace on that one. If anything hurts, I'll just go along for the ride and say my back is bothering me (have not told many about my surgery). Good luck, dman!:thumbup:

I'm 5 months out and have PB often. I keep reminding myself that I need to chew, chew, chew. But sometimes your taste buds and mouth work faster than your brain. You just swallow before its time. Not a pleasant feeling, but a constant reminder to take my time. I can live with it once and awhile. But being overweight, I cannot.

We've all been there, you'll be fine.

So easy to do when you are in a hurry.

Or when you are hungry.

How's everything else going for you? Feeling good? I feel great. I'm going to call my doc's office and ask if I can play golf on Friday (I miss my golf!). They said not till 4 weeks, but there is a couple outing I want to go to so I'm going to ask for a few days grace on that one. If anything hurts, I'll just go along for the ride and say my back is bothering me (have not told many about my surgery). Good luck, dman!:(

Everything else is good, except for Bandster Hell. I did get my first fill SCHEDULED for the 24th of Aug so I am looking forward to getting on with life and the path to thinness. must be patient, took many years to get put it on, so a couple to get it all off will not be too bad.

Edited by dman3998

Been there recently, rode that ride and NOT fun! I too am (was) a speed eater. I got panicky when I got that stuck feeling. :( I didn't think I had any restriction either and unconsciously put the last bite of my child's hamburger in my mouth and had it down before I even figured out it might not be good. Ugh! I have a lot of work to do! I also have my first fill on Aug. 24th. Good luck!

Remember the first month is for healing!!!!!!

I still have those issues a year out, it takes a long time to retrain yourself to eat slower, chew chew chew, dont swallow to soon. It is kind of funny to begin with I was so careful, but it seems like at about 1 year, I backslid in my speed of eating and of course that brought lots more PB's. It is a big retraining process, hang in there.